New Here...With Questions!

Options
faithandprayer
faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi There!
I'd like to introduce myself. I'm 39 yrs and was diagnosed w/BC at the end of March. Estrogen+, HER+, Node+. Began treatment with chemo in mid-April, as the tumors are close to the wall & they wanted to try to shrink it back for better margins.

It's funny that I've just found my way here now. I guess because I instinctively retreated back from googling until I had a better handle on this whole thing. Now 3 1/2 mos in, I have my first MRI results since diagnosis...a ton of questions...some encouraging news... and I'm more comfortable in this new skin. I think I'm ready to reach out beyond my immediate support system, to other women going through what I am.

So! Here I am!
KC

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Hi KC!
    Hi KC! I just want to welcome you to the site, though, sorry for the reason that you are here.

You will find a lot of support and encouragement on this site from other bc survivors. Some are still in treatment, some are just starting, and, some are years out from any treatment.

So, good luck to you! Keep us updated and welcome again! Glad you found us!

Hugs, Jeanne
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Glad your here
    but sorry for the reason. I know I have found this board of courageous survivors, my saving grace. You were led to us now (when you can handle this) because we are a unique group of kindred spirits...and you will find so much loving support here. Keep us posted and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    God Bless, Jackie
  • Stubbrn
    Stubbrn Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi KC
    I'm Deb, Also new to this. 44, married 20 yrs, one child, daughter Diana (18). Diagnosed in May, lumpectomy x 2 in may and june, going for double mastectomy with sentinal lymph node removal both sides, Her2 positive, ER positive. I'm overwhelmed. Starting to get nervous about surgery in 4 days but on the UP side will be getting new perky ones !!! It is good to know that we are not alone Someone told me It's nice to be on this site but not for this reason. I wish this was a site to find pretty bras I won't miss my 40 k's glad your here

Deb
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Welcome, faithandprayer
    We're all here to support and encourage each other. Glad you found us. I'll be hoping your treatments and test results both provide the best possible outcomes.

Again, welcome.
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Stubbrn said:

Hi KC
    I'm Deb, Also new to this. 44, married 20 yrs, one child, daughter Diana (18). Diagnosed in May, lumpectomy x 2 in may and june, going for double mastectomy with sentinal lymph node removal both sides, Her2 positive, ER positive. I'm overwhelmed. Starting to get nervous about surgery in 4 days but on the UP side will be getting new perky ones !!! It is good to know that we are not alone Someone told me It's nice to be on this site but not for this reason. I wish this was a site to find pretty bras I won't miss my 40 k's glad your here

Deb

WoW and Thank You
    Thank you all for your warm welcomes. And, WOW - so quick! It's reassuring to know that you are here. Now that the intros are behind, I'll be back for sure! Sending cyber hugs "good night" for now! - KC
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options

WoW and Thank You
    Thank you all for your warm welcomes. And, WOW - so quick! It's reassuring to know that you are here. Now that the intros are behind, I'll be back for sure! Sending cyber hugs "good night" for now! - KC

Faith
    I say welcome also-though sorry that you have to be here.
    When you are ready,let loose with your questions and we will try our best to answer from the experience that we have.You have found a great Godsend of a group-don't know what I'd do without these ladies(and men)!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Faithandprayer......
    Just wanted to add my welcome. You picked the best site to be part of. We love helping each other and we are more then willing to do our best to answer all your questions!! :) Pammy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Welcome, faithandprayer
    We're all here to support and encourage each other. Glad you found us. I'll be hoping your treatments and test results both provide the best possible outcomes.

Again, welcome.

Hi and Welcome
    Hi and Welcome Faithandprayer! That is a great name! Hope we can help you in some way!
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Faithandprayer......
    Just wanted to add my welcome. You picked the best site to be part of. We love helping each other and we are more then willing to do our best to answer all your questions!! :) Pammy

Welcome you!
    I just wanted to say, I'm glad you found us... Hugs jxxxxxx
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    KC.......
    Hello and welcome! I'm very glad that you found us!!

CR
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    WELCOME
    Hello and Welcome to the best site ever. There is alot of love and support here. Good luck and God Bless Diane
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Hi KC. Welcome. This is a
    Hi KC. Welcome. This is a great place. You will find much support and love here. I too did not discover this site right away. I was just finished with treatment when I first logged on. But I have found that my issues and fears did not end w/treatment and this site has been a Godsend. You will meet some very sweet, strong an caring people here as I have. They have been an incredible support for me.

Hang in there and I am sending prayers and hugs your way! Eileen
  • piseminger
    piseminger Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome KC
    We are here for you. Be encouraged. My faith and the faith and prayers of my family, friends and even strangers is what has helped me walk through this. I wish you the best.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

WoW and Thank You

Yes, we are a friendly
    Yes, we are a friendly group! We welcome you and will be here to help you!

Hugs,Kylez