Second treatment of ac and its just so hard to be tough thru all this

Options
mlmjt1
mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my second treatment of ac on Friday and today is just a battle to eat and drink. I just have no appetite but at least I didnt snow myself on compazine this time. Its just such an emotional battle and a physical one and its just so hard to stay positive. Thanks or being there

Linda T

Comments

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    I hope that you get to
    I hope that you get to feeling better soon. I havent had any treatments yet, so i cant say i know how you are feeling. It has still been an emotional roller coster and very hard to stay positive through it all i know. I find out what i will have to go through on the 28th and that feels like a year away. I hate the wait. You are in my prayers.

laura
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    lolad said:

I hope that you get to
    I hope that you get to feeling better soon. I havent had any treatments yet, so i cant say i know how you are feeling. It has still been an emotional roller coster and very hard to stay positive through it all i know. I find out what i will have to go through on the 28th and that feels like a year away. I hate the wait. You are in my prayers.

laura

Thanks
    Thanks Laura for being there. I dont know what I would do without this site

thanks again

Linda t
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Thanks
    Thanks Laura for being there. I dont know what I would do without this site

thanks again

Linda t

Hi Linda, I will have my
    Hi Linda, I will have my second treatment this wednesday, so I know how you feel. Not looking forward to being sick again. Good luck to you.
  • missgogo
    missgogo Member Posts: 58
    Options
    I wish i found this site
    I wish i found this site when I was going thru my treatments the being of the year. But things will get better. Just try to eat a little when you feel like it and make sure that you push the fluids.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Awww
    sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Know that it will pass and you will get through it. I'm sure it is hard to stay positive when your feeling so bad. Just tell yourself that your going to get through the next hour and then try to do something for yourself that will get you through that hour, and so on. Hang in there, and we are always there for you!! :) Pammy
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Hi Linda, So sorry to hear
    Hi Linda, So sorry to hear you are feeling low. I'm just gonna say, chemo sucks. No doubt about it. I hated my AC treatments. It made me sick despite the 5 different anti-nausea meds.
    Try to eat a bit. I found that for the first couple of days bananas, applesauce, and dry toast went down ok and did not make me throw up.

I know the road seems very long right now. I remember once my sister said, "You've only got 4 more treatments to go!" Well, to me I dreaded them so much, they may as well have been 40 more to go instead of just 4!

Hang in there, I promise you will get through this. And before you know it you will be looking back and thinking; phew, I'm glad that is over with.

Please keep us up dated on your progress and be good to yourself. Eil
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Linda
    Linda, I am so sorry to hear how tough chemo has been on you. I never

had to have it, so, I don't know what you are going thru.

Just know that you will get thru it and we will support you all the way!

Take care!
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon
    I'm soooo sorry you're feeling down right now, but please try to stay positive. You will get through this and will be looking back a stronger wiser person. I'm not a fan of roller coasters either and I've been on one myself. But try to remember that this too shall pass.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Aurora
  • Stubbrn
    Stubbrn Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Oh Linda I'm so sorry I'm so
    Oh Linda I'm so sorry I'm so scared I haven't even start any drug treatment yet just surgeries I know I will start taking Herceptin soon unsure If I have to have chemo yet. Your in my prayers

Deb
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Linda, I know how your
    Linda, I know how your feeling and all I can say is hopefully in a few days you will start to feel a little better. Don't forget to take full advantage of the anti-nauseous meds they offer, this will help you get some nutrition in you. For me that included ice cream with chocolate syrup and Dad's cookies and tea but at least it included 3 out of the 4 food groups.....salt, fat, sugar and all we were missing is the alcohol :) Sometimes we can't be positive, don't worry about it. Just be what you are. Rant, rave, cry. Do what you need to do to get through it. We all did! Lots of pity parties everywhere, we have tons of experience :) I do hope you start to feel better soon.........please keep us posted.

hugs
    jan
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Linda
    I had 4 AC treatments and remember that time pretty well. Yes,it is not easy to go through and hard to eat and drink anything.I have never been able to eat food for solely the purpose of nutrition-it has to taste good and chemo sure doesn't help things to taste good. Like the others said,hopefully you can find some things that still taste good and just eat those.I found out that I really loved tuna fish subs at Subway and frozen blueberries with vanilla yogurt!And one day I ate a whole can of mixed nuts-lightly salted(too much sodium just added to the already too salty taste of things). Just experiment a little-you'll definately find what does and doesn't taste good! It was hard for me to drink also-bottled water believe it or not was gagingly sweet!! I found that distilled water tasted better.
    You will get through this. Remember to take it easy on yourself and your body!!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Linda, I know how your
    Linda, I know how your feeling and all I can say is hopefully in a few days you will start to feel a little better. Don't forget to take full advantage of the anti-nauseous meds they offer, this will help you get some nutrition in you. For me that included ice cream with chocolate syrup and Dad's cookies and tea but at least it included 3 out of the 4 food groups.....salt, fat, sugar and all we were missing is the alcohol :) Sometimes we can't be positive, don't worry about it. Just be what you are. Rant, rave, cry. Do what you need to do to get through it. We all did! Lots of pity parties everywhere, we have tons of experience :) I do hope you start to feel better soon.........please keep us posted.

hugs
    jan

So sorry Linda that this is
    So sorry Linda that this is so hard on you. I pray that you will feel better soon! Please keep us updated on you!

Lots of hugs,

Kristin
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    sorry u having a hard time
    sorry u having a hard time with chemo. this is a hard time but it will pass i spent a lot of time in bed when i was on chemo hang in there one day at a time hugs to u
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Chemo can be very difficult...
    So sorry you're having a rough time with it. Always be sure to discuss your side effects openly and honestly with your doctor/chemo nurse. They are many ways they can provide at least some relief.

It is hard to be positive while feeling badly. Remember that it does end, it's temporary.

Best wishes to you, Linda T.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Linda
    I hope you are feeling better by now. Hopefully the next one will be easier on you. Take care and keep posting

Cat
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Chemo can be very difficult...
    So sorry you're having a rough time with it. Always be sure to discuss your side effects openly and honestly with your doctor/chemo nurse. They are many ways they can provide at least some relief.

It is hard to be positive while feeling badly. Remember that it does end, it's temporary.

Best wishes to you, Linda T.

I am so sorry Linda that
    I am so sorry Linda that this is so difficult for you. Please let your doctors know of your side effects. They can prescribe medications to help you.

Keep us updated!

Hugs
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Awwww sweetie~ you will make
    Awwww sweetie~ you will make it through this, honestly you will!!! Reach your hand out and feel the tug; it is all of us who have done this before you pulling you toward Life After Cancer, and sharing our strength when you feel you have none left.

Continue to listen to your body, even when it is saying mean things! I kept seedless green grapes in the freezer~ they were healthy, small and refreshing. I also had popsicles made with real fruit, not just frozen sugar water! My sweetie would bring me a small plate of grapes, cheese and crackers for a mid afternoon snack. It wasn't overwhelming, but it was nourishing and I could nibble in bed while I watched TV. Find something that works for you and your particular needs.
    Also, please keep hydrated! It is imperative to flush your system! I took water with me and everywhere I was I sipped, sipped, sipped. I happen to love water, so that was no problem; others who don't found things like Crystal Lite made it more tolerable.

Again I quote from one of my favorite movies, The Great Debaters:
    "We do what we have to do, so we can do what we want to do."

Hugs to you,
    Claudia
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    LINDA
    Great advice from Claudia. I fully agree with her!!