Been reading for months

Options
debbie1162
debbie1162 Member Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been reading for months. Tonight is my first post. I was dx in Jan 2009, choose mastectomy for left breast with tissue expander. I have 12 weeks of Chemo just finished in June. I am waiting to finish reconstruction and we will reduce the other breast. I am starting to get unsure and excited about this and wondering if I done the right thing. I have tried to remain positive and keep life simple and the same as much as possible. I have an autisic son which makes life as challenge before all this. This message board has been my saving grace to know I have sisters and brothers that are walking in the same path and are so encouraging.

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Welcome, debbie1162
    Glad you decided to post, and introduce yourself. We're all here to support and encourage each other.

Best wishes to you.
  • debbie1162
    debbie1162 Member Posts: 36
    Options

Welcome, debbie1162
    Glad you decided to post, and introduce yourself. We're all here to support and encourage each other.

Best wishes to you.

Thank you
    Thank you, it has helped a GREAT deal.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Debbie I am glad you found us and glad you have posted. We certainly are here for you in any way we can be. I did the expander reconstruction this year, had the implant put in on Arpil 30 and I am very glad that I did it. I must tell you that I waited for 2 years before I went for the recon. because I wanted to be sure it was what I wanted, now that I have done it I am pleased. I still have tweaking that needs to be done but from what my surgeon says it is all minor stuff. Hugs to you my new CSN friend.

RE
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Glad you found us Debbie
    and welcome. Sounds like you have gone through most of your treatment and hopefully you did well with it. Second thoughts are pretty normal, but just go with your gut. I know it has to be harder for the autistic son, they do like their routines, and this probably threw everything out of order for him.
    Take care and visit often.
    Cat
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Welcome Debbie....
    I eavesdropped for a while too before I joined, so glad you made the leap. I would like to commend you for going through this and also caring for an autistic son as well, that takes alot of strength. I'm sure you will find that you are making the right choices that are best for you. I had a lumpectomy (although I may need to work on the other breast too) so I can not help you, but there are many wise women on here who will. Hang in there and visit us often. We will be here for you. :) Pammy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Debbie~
    Welcome to the

Debbie~

Welcome to the Family! We are so pleased that you have been reading and felt the warmth and camaraderie we have here.

I am great friends with a fellow CSN member; she is a 3 time BC survivor, and the mother of an autistic son as well. He has Asbergers Syndrome (sp) and as I am sure you know, can be quite a "handful". So, bless your heart; but know that this too, is do-able!! It is yet another link you now have with your Kindred Spirits here.

Keep us posted on your decisions~ we are ready with jokes, hugs, "advice", suggestions, pretty much whatever you need, even if its just a listening ear!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Debbie~
    Welcome to the

Debbie~

Welcome to the Family! We are so pleased that you have been reading and felt the warmth and camaraderie we have here.

I am great friends with a fellow CSN member; she is a 3 time BC survivor, and the mother of an autistic son as well. He has Asbergers Syndrome (sp) and as I am sure you know, can be quite a "handful". So, bless your heart; but know that this too, is do-able!! It is yet another link you now have with your Kindred Spirits here.

Keep us posted on your decisions~ we are ready with jokes, hugs, "advice", suggestions, pretty much whatever you need, even if its just a listening ear!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Just want to welcome you
    Just want to welcome you Debbie!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Glad you joined in
    I have found much comfort and support (and even good laughs) here with our sisters in pink. I want to welcome you here, although i am sorry for the reason. Keep us posted and good luck with your reconstruction.
    hugs, jackie
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    chenheart said:

Debbie~
    Welcome to the

Debbie~

Hugs,
    Claudia

Aspergers
    Jamie (my son) has aspergers syndrome..... It doesn't help things along but we love each other...

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Aspergers
    Jamie (my son) has aspergers syndrome..... It doesn't help things along but we love each other...

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aspergers
    wow Tasha...I didn't know that about your Jamie! My friends son is 13, and will be starting High School this year~ he has to take a bus for about 13 miles each way. Needless to say, his mom is worried about the daily trip and his coping skills in a big school .

Sara ( my friend) also loves Aaron dearly; what else is there to do???? ((((HUGS)))))

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie and welcome! I am
    Hi Debbie and welcome! I am glad that you posted. Lots read at first for awhile and then introduce themselves. So, happy that you did.

Good luck!

Kristin
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Hi Debbie and welcome! I am
    Hi Debbie and welcome! I am glad that you posted. Lots read at first for awhile and then introduce themselves. So, happy that you did.

Good luck!

Kristin

Hi Debbie! I also would
    Hi Debbie! I also would like to welcome you. This is a wonderful site, full of wonderful bc survivors that are willing to help you thru this.

Hope to see you posting more!

Hugs,

Susie
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Aspergers

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Schmuck
    Your schmuck must be hard on Jamie! Wow. Even more reason to boot him across the continent. Lynn
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Re: Reading for Months
    Me too. Now I've been a poster for months and have received so much love and support. Wow! Grateful is not a big enough word to express the debt I owe the posters on this board. So, welcome and post away when you can. Lynn
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Re: Reading for Months
    Me too. Now I've been a poster for months and have received so much love and support. Wow! Grateful is not a big enough word to express the debt I owe the posters on this board. So, welcome and post away when you can. Lynn

This site has helped all of
    This site has helped all of us. We are all very lucky! Post often Debbie and let us know how you are doing!