Glad to Have Found This Board

Options
RiverGypsie
RiverGypsie Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello to all of you very brave and optimistic members! I was diagnosed in March 09, have been reading the posts for a couple of weeks and decided to sign on. I have the most awesome support group with family and friends, but it is comforting to know there are others who really understand what I am experiencing. I look forward to being a member and sharing with all of you. You will all be in my daily prayers!

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Hi Rivergypsie and Welcome!
    Hi Rivergypsie and Welcome! I am glad that you found us but sorry for the reason.

We are here for support and to encourage and help you.

Please post whenever you want. There is always someone on.

Welcome again!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Welcome~~~
    Thank you River! Welcome to the most amazing group of women ( and men!) anywhere! I know you have already been impressed by our insight and humor and camaraderie~ if it weren't for The Reason we are here, everyone would want to join! LOL
    Keep us posted on you and your treatment~

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    RiverGypsie.......
    Hello and welcome! Sorry about your dx, but very happy that you found us.

Hugs,

CR
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found us
    Welcome RiverGypsie ...i love that name. You are in the right place for understanding support, I know I am so very grateful I found this board, Our sisters here are the most amazing women i have ever met. Keep posting and let us know a little more about yourself. We will be waiting to hear more from you.
    God Bless,
    Jackie
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

I'm glad you found us
    Welcome RiverGypsie ...i love that name. You are in the right place for understanding support, I know I am so very grateful I found this board, Our sisters here are the most amazing women i have ever met. Keep posting and let us know a little more about yourself. We will be waiting to hear more from you.
    God Bless,
    Jackie

Hi there river, So glad you
    Hi there river, So glad you posted. Welcome to our world.
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Hi there river, So glad you
    Hi there river, So glad you posted. Welcome to our world.

Hi River. Glad you posted

Hi River. Glad you posted and welcome. I read the posts for about a month before I joined, but one day there was a post that I felt that I needed to answer. Hope this forum helps you tremendously, like it has so many others.

Joyce
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Welcome, RiverGypsie
    Glad you decided to introduce yourself to us. And, glad to have you within the group. Even if we're lucky enough to have supportive loved ones - it's simply not the same as sharing with fellow breast cancer survivors.

Best wishes to you.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Welcome RiverGypsie
    As you have already found out, this is an amazing group of people, and as has already been said, we who have gone through it, know what you are going through. It is wonderful that your family and friends are there for you, that is a huge plus.
    Let us know where you are in your treatment, and come back often.
    Cat
  • RiverGypsie
    RiverGypsie Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks to all for the Welcome!!
    A little about what is going on with me. I had surgery in March (masectomy on left breast). All went very well with that and I healed great. Unfortunately, there was a tumor right outside my bladder also. My onco thought the chemo would handle that too, but it didn't. I just finished radiation with much more success. He is going to change my chemo the next treatment I get (July 28th). I have been very, very fortunate as far as side effects, etc. And I'll go on the 28th with the same attitude I've had all along. It will all work out and will only get better!! Thanks again for the welcome and I will keep you updated. Hopefully, I can be of help or support to someone else on the board. Have a great day!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Thanks to all for the Welcome!!
    A little about what is going on with me. I had surgery in March (masectomy on left breast). All went very well with that and I healed great. Unfortunately, there was a tumor right outside my bladder also. My onco thought the chemo would handle that too, but it didn't. I just finished radiation with much more success. He is going to change my chemo the next treatment I get (July 28th). I have been very, very fortunate as far as side effects, etc. And I'll go on the 28th with the same attitude I've had all along. It will all work out and will only get better!! Thanks again for the welcome and I will keep you updated. Hopefully, I can be of help or support to someone else on the board. Have a great day!

Welcome RiverGypsie....
    So glad you joined us. I too have a great support system at home, but they support me in different ways then everyone here. My cyber friends mean the world to me. And believe me, my physical support system is soooooo glad for everyone here as well, because it gives them a break!! Although, they are curious which one of you taught me about retail therapy.....shhhh, I won't tell!! :) Pammy