Biggest loser....

Options
2»

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Weight Watchers
    Pammy ,not that I want to endorse a program, but weight watchers has always worked for me. I have been on this program throughout the years. Weight has always been an issue for me. Before I got diagnosed with BC this past April, I lost 60 pounds on the program. They teach you it's not what you eat, but how much. We all eat more than we need to. (Portion Control) Good Luck and God Bless. Diane
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    chickad52 said:

Weight Watchers
    Pammy ,not that I want to endorse a program, but weight watchers has always worked for me. I have been on this program throughout the years. Weight has always been an issue for me. Before I got diagnosed with BC this past April, I lost 60 pounds on the program. They teach you it's not what you eat, but how much. We all eat more than we need to. (Portion Control) Good Luck and God Bless. Diane

Thanks Diane....
    Actually, my daughter asked me last night if I would go with her to an Overeaters Anyominous (sp) meeting this week, for support, for her. Of course I said yes. She has realized that her overweight problems are from uncontrolable eating. I am so glad she is addressing this issue.
    Me on the other hand, well, I'm not working. I'm not really eating anything more, but I didn't realize how much I ran my butt off at work. No wonder I stayed so skinny!! I can't even fit into my work pants now! All because of 10 extra pounds. So that is what prompted me to lose the weight.
    But I work well with challanges. So I think this will be fun for everyone. Because if I keep going at the rate I am gaining now, I figure in about 4 more months I will look like a "Goodyear" blimp, except they won't be able to get me off the ground!! I may try weight watchers advice. There are no rules in the game as to how we lose the weight.....as long as we lose!! :) Pammy
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks Diane....
    Actually, my daughter asked me last night if I would go with her to an Overeaters Anyominous (sp) meeting this week, for support, for her. Of course I said yes. She has realized that her overweight problems are from uncontrolable eating. I am so glad she is addressing this issue.
    Me on the other hand, well, I'm not working. I'm not really eating anything more, but I didn't realize how much I ran my butt off at work. No wonder I stayed so skinny!! I can't even fit into my work pants now! All because of 10 extra pounds. So that is what prompted me to lose the weight.
    But I work well with challanges. So I think this will be fun for everyone. Because if I keep going at the rate I am gaining now, I figure in about 4 more months I will look like a "Goodyear" blimp, except they won't be able to get me off the ground!! I may try weight watchers advice. There are no rules in the game as to how we lose the weight.....as long as we lose!! :) Pammy

Im in
    Even tho i have lost some weight recently, i could stand to loose 10 more pounds. Can i be nosey and ask why you are having your ovaries removed? Does it have anything to do with treatments or anything? good luck, i will pray for you.
    laura
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    My Pyramid - good website

My kids brought this website home from school a couple of years ago:

http://www.mypyramid.gov/

It is part of the USDA, like the nutrient database, but much bigger. You can assess your diet and exercise and keep track of it for a year on this site. I think you can access the nutrient database from it, as well. It is really cool. Before cancer, my weight had gone up to the 140's and I was struggling to diet, so I started tracking what I ate on-line using the tool provided on the website. Check it out.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

My Pyramid - good website

My kids brought this website home from school a couple of years ago:

http://www.mypyramid.gov/

It is part of the USDA, like the nutrient database, but much bigger. You can assess your diet and exercise and keep track of it for a year on this site. I think you can access the nutrient database from it, as well. It is really cool. Before cancer, my weight had gone up to the 140's and I was struggling to diet, so I started tracking what I ate on-line using the tool provided on the website. Check it out.

Oh, maybe that's what Jan was posting about?
    Can you get from the nutritiondata website to My Pyramid? :) Lynn
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

I am..........
    I lost a load during chemo...........maybe I should just go halfway and take the tummu-tuck challange!
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    diet
    I dont need weight loss, but am doing a workout so will be more then happy to be your work out partner.
    Happy Smiles
    tjhay
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Hey Lynn, My Pyramid is a
    Hey Lynn, My Pyramid is a different site. Check them both out and find out which one serves you best. Good luck.
    jan
  • 4slurpee
    4slurpee Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Can I join?
    Boy do I need this . . . any motivation I can get. Can I join in please? Of course, I am going on vacation in a week so I don't know how good I will do, but I can give it a try!
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

LAST CALL....STARTS TOMORROW!!!
    Great!! We have some players!! This will actually be interesting!! We can all do it!! We don't have to give our weight, just report gain or loss each week (I'll keep track). I'll ask for stats on Sundays. At the end of the six weeks, we will celebrate with the winner!! Maybe have a few checks in between to keep each other encouraged. ANYONE ELSE WANT TO JOIN? Te,he.....I would count wine as a fruit!! :) Pammy

weight
    Ok I am in but you need to put me on the gain weight list, i need to gain about 15 lbs to be at a healthy weight