Options
2»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    mherbert said:

Carter Kettner
    Carter threw out the 1st pitch last night at the Cubs game! It was incredible!! It was raining throughout the day but cleared up just in time for Carter to take the field. There are some wonderful pictures!!

Go Cubs Go Carter
    Wow! That is so great. I bet that little boy had a smile on his face that would stretch around the world! The cubs came thru!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Say Hey!
    I have cousins who live in Illinois and they are all Cubbie fans. One of my cousin's sons was terribly burned (using the lighter fluid on an already burning bbq). I don't know how they did it, maybe it was through the hospital, but I was under the impression that some of the players made regular visits to children's units, and burn units on a regular basis. He met many of the cub players. I wish I could ask my cousin how they did it, but he has been divorced many years and has recently passed away, so I don't know who to ask either. In New York when I lived there and worked in a State home for the developmentally disabled, we had a group called Hospital Audiences we went to when we wanted tickets to shows. We had contacts at Shea and Yankee stadiums for tickets and give aways, but when we asked a couple of Mets (back in the '70's) if they would come and visit with our residents, their first question was "how much will we get for it?" Their next response was not to wear their uniforms. Hello, I loved our residents dearly, but a Mets player without his baseball uniform was just a man. They wouldn't recognize them, these people were moderately to severely retarded. They never came. But we did get the ball girl to volunteer - that was a plus! How about asking some of the local TV stations or newspapers to intercede for you?
    Good Luck!
    Pat
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Say Hey!
    I have cousins who live in Illinois and they are all Cubbie fans. One of my cousin's sons was terribly burned (using the lighter fluid on an already burning bbq). I don't know how they did it, maybe it was through the hospital, but I was under the impression that some of the players made regular visits to children's units, and burn units on a regular basis. He met many of the cub players. I wish I could ask my cousin how they did it, but he has been divorced many years and has recently passed away, so I don't know who to ask either. In New York when I lived there and worked in a State home for the developmentally disabled, we had a group called Hospital Audiences we went to when we wanted tickets to shows. We had contacts at Shea and Yankee stadiums for tickets and give aways, but when we asked a couple of Mets (back in the '70's) if they would come and visit with our residents, their first question was "how much will we get for it?" Their next response was not to wear their uniforms. Hello, I loved our residents dearly, but a Mets player without his baseball uniform was just a man. They wouldn't recognize them, these people were moderately to severely retarded. They never came. But we did get the ball girl to volunteer - that was a plus! How about asking some of the local TV stations or newspapers to intercede for you?
    Good Luck!
    Pat

So happy that he got to go
    So happy that he got to go to the Cubs game!

Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

So happy that he got to go
    So happy that he got to go to the Cubs game!

Leeza

:)
    That is some real happy news about Carter! Thanks for letting us know!

Hugs!
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

:)
    That is some real happy news about Carter! Thanks for letting us know!

Hugs!

That is wonderful news
    As I am writing this post, I am crying. I don't know if they are tears of happiness for little Carter and his big pitch, or sadness that he is suffering through this horrible disease. I will never understand why the little ones have cancer.

But, on a postive note, Carter got his wish and I know that must have been his greatest dream come true!
    dmc