Options
2»

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ppurdin said:

just dignosed
    Hi,we are in the same predicament.I SO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.The unknown is the hardest i know.I HAVE SURGERY NEXT WEEK THE SECOND TIME.And i am so worried.I REALLY DON,T HAVE ANYONE WHO UNDERSTANDS.eVEN MY SISTER WHO HAS GONE THROUGH IT.gOD BLESS YOU.iV HAD TO WAIT ABOUT 3WEEKS NOW AND IT IS TERRIBLE THE WAITING.i will pray for you and everyone on this board.WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

Hi ppurdin and welcome! The
    Hi ppurdin and welcome! The waiting is hard, but, we have all been thru it and you will get past it. Just try and take it one day at a time.

Good luck and keep us updated!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I know how you feel
    I was diagnosed in June, and when I found my lump it was 3cm. I did not have to wait that long for my surgery, but I have done the waiting game on test results to come back..What helped me was to surround myself with very postive people..I think that is the key..At least it was for me..You need alot of postive engery. Also, I did alot of praying, and it worked..I found out two days ago that I do not have to take chemo and I will be taking meds by mouth..

Hi stmgriffin and welcome to
    Hi stmgriffin and welcome to you too! So happy that you won't have to take chemo!

Good luck!

Kristin
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    marie
    i am sorry u had to find us there are great people in here.hang in there good luck please let us know what happen hugs to youand support
  • cathlinberreth01
    cathlinberreth01 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Marie_40 said:

Thanks to all
    Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. It is hard to talk about this when the person you are talking to has no ideal how you feel. There is no way someone could know unless they have experienced it. That is why I came here, to find others like me who know how I feel and give me encouragement. I went through a bad divorce a few years back and thought that was the worst experience possible. There is no comparison. This has to be the worst. The word "cancer" is scary. Thank you all again and I am sure I will have a lot of questions along the way.

Marie

similar sounding
    Hi Marie

I am waiting for my PET scan results from last week and I have a 3cm tumor plus a satellite tumor in my left breast. I find out the PET scan results and start chemo tomorrow. My cancer has already spread to 2 out of 5 sentinel lymph nodes (they did a biopsy when they put in my port). They will remove the rest of my lymph nodes on that side when I have my bilateral mastectomy in October. The PET scan looks for cancer elsewhere in your body which is part of staging. They basically starve you and then inject you with radioactive sugar and then scan your body with a special camera that picks up radiation. Cancer has a higher metabolic rate than other body tissues and it will take up more radioactive sugar and glow more than regular body tissues. If it is in your lymph nodes or anywhere else it usually shows up. Cancer in your axillary lymph nodes is not as serious as if you have cancer elsewhere.
  • cathlinberreth01
    Options
    Marie_40 said:

Thanks to all
    Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. It is hard to talk about this when the person you are talking to has no ideal how you feel. There is no way someone could know unless they have experienced it. That is why I came here, to find others like me who know how I feel and give me encouragement. I went through a bad divorce a few years back and thought that was the worst experience possible. There is no comparison. This has to be the worst. The word "cancer" is scary. Thank you all again and I am sure I will have a lot of questions along the way.

Marie

similar sounding
    Hi Marie

I am waiting for my PET scan results from last week and I have a 3cm tumor plus a satellite tumor in my left breast. I find out the PET scan results and start chemo tomorrow. My cancer has already spread to 2 out of 5 sentinel lymph nodes (they did a biopsy when they put in my port). They will remove the rest of my lymph nodes on that side when I have my bilateral mastectomy in October. The PET scan looks for cancer elsewhere in your body which is part of staging. They basically starve you and then inject you with radioactive sugar and then scan your body with a special camera that picks up radiation. Cancer has a higher metabolic rate than other body tissues and it will take up more radioactive sugar and glow more than regular body tissues. If it is in your lymph nodes or anywhere else it usually shows up. Cancer in your axillary lymph nodes is not as serious as if you have cancer elsewhere.
  • cathlinberreth01
    Options
    Marie_40 said:

Thanks to all

Marie

similar sounding
    Hi Marie