Amazing update

Options
ohilly
ohilly Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, group! I am amazed and happy to report that after taking Lexapro for only three days, I feel happy! Can this really be that the drug is working so quickly? The fact that a drug has helped me not be depressed anymore makes me think that I was correct in thinking that the Femara caused my depression and that it was a chemical depression.

On another note: my nipple tatooing has now been cancelled four times! I switched from one plastic surgeon because he cancelled the procedure three times, and now I went to the University of Chicago where they said they would do it. I couldn't believe it when they called me today to say that their tattoo person had left and they have to call me back with a new date! Has anyone else had multiple cancellations with this procedure - maybe the hospitals don't want to do it so much because it doesn't make a lot of money for them and is not really 'medical.' I will reschedule with the University of Chicago, but I almost feel like going to a tattoo artist just to get it over with.

Ohilly

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    So happy Ohilly that you
    So happy Ohilly that you finally got something that helped. I may have to look into getting some Lexapro. I have never heard of it. Is it for depression or anxiety?

Be careful who does your tattooing. So many have not been happy with the results and once it is done, it is final.

Good luck Ohilly!
  • ohilly
    Options
    Alexis F said:

So happy Ohilly that you
    So happy Ohilly that you finally got something that helped. I may have to look into getting some Lexapro. I have never heard of it. Is it for depression or anxiety?

Be careful who does your tattooing. So many have not been happy with the results and once it is done, it is final.

Good luck Ohilly!

for both
    Lexapro is for both depression and anxiety. There is a website: www.lexapro.com

If anyone knows a good tattoo artist in Chicago, I would like to look into this in addition to the hospital.

Ohilly
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    ohilly said:

for both
    Lexapro is for both depression and anxiety. There is a website: www.lexapro.com

If anyone knows a good tattoo artist in Chicago, I would like to look into this in addition to the hospital.

Ohilly

Ohilly
    i think Lexapro is the caddilac for celexa which i take ..the only dif is celexa cost 4 $ at wallmart.. check it out, it is a good drug and i'm glad i'm on it.
    hugs, jackie
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Ohilly.......
    I'm so happy that this drug is helping you so quickly! Please continue to feel better!

Hugs,

CR
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Ohilly.......
    I'm so happy that this drug is helping you so quickly! Please continue to feel better!

Hugs,

CR

So very happy for you
    So very happy for you Ohilly!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    What a wonderful feeling!!
    To be feeling better!! :) Pammy
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Hurray, Ohilly
    Whew! I am so happy that you are feeling better. I think our experiences are similar, so boy do I feel like I empathize! Glad you found the right help on the first try. It took 3.5 tries for me.

I find that since I am feeling better, it is a good time to talk to a therapist and deal with my fears about the cancer and lymphedema; I can just handle talking about it better. My local hospital even has a fund to help people with cancer afford therapy, if their insurance coverage is not good. Just something to check in to if you are interested.

I haven't had reconstruction, so I can't really add to the rest of the discussion. But I know that others will help you.

Did you know that I was born and raised in Chicago?

Love, Lynn
  • ohilly
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Hurray, Ohilly
    Whew! I am so happy that you are feeling better. I think our experiences are similar, so boy do I feel like I empathize! Glad you found the right help on the first try. It took 3.5 tries for me.

I find that since I am feeling better, it is a good time to talk to a therapist and deal with my fears about the cancer and lymphedema; I can just handle talking about it better. My local hospital even has a fund to help people with cancer afford therapy, if their insurance coverage is not good. Just something to check in to if you are interested.

I haven't had reconstruction, so I can't really add to the rest of the discussion. But I know that others will help you.

Did you know that I was born and raised in Chicago?

Love, Lynn

thanks
    What part of Chicago, Lynn? And where do you live now?

Yes, we are partners in depression! I still can't believe that just 5 days of taking a drug could already help me that much. I'm sorry you had to go through several tries of different meds, but am glad you found a combination that helped you.

Hugs,

Ohilly
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL NEWS INDEED!!!
    Ohilly thanks for the update, super happy to hear things are better for you. I have been wondering how you were doing.

Take care,

RE
  • lynn1950
    Options
    ohilly said:

thanks
    What part of Chicago, Lynn? And where do you live now?

Yes, we are partners in depression! I still can't believe that just 5 days of taking a drug could already help me that much. I'm sorry you had to go through several tries of different meds, but am glad you found a combination that helped you.

Hugs,

Ohilly

I am a southside girl
    12800 south! I live in Idaho now.

Finding the right meds is such a relief! Lynn
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    RE said:

WONDERFUL NEWS INDEED!!!
    Ohilly thanks for the update, super happy to hear things are better for you. I have been wondering how you were doing.

Take care,

RE

Lexapro
    I started taking Lexapro on 7/5 not so much for depression because I didn't think I was depressed and my oncologist didn't think so either but I was having a problem with patience and anxiety and my oncologist felt this would be good to try. It didn't work as fast as yours did but each day I am having more patience with Jake and am focused at work and home.

I am coming out that funk that sometimes we do and I think as you get more into your treatment it finally hits you and you need something to help.

Margo
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I am so happy for you
    I am so happy for you ohilly! Your post sounded so upbeat, I think I could actually FEEL how much better you are doing! What a long awaited relief for you! YOu sooo deserve it, hon! YAY

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Ohilly I am glad the lexapro
    Ohilly I am glad the lexapro is working for you. I have recently talked with my doc about my depression/anxiety. She perscribed wellbutrin but my onc nixed it because it interferes with my tamoxifen. Apparently there are only 4 that don't interfere. I was set to take one but then googled them and am very frightened by the long lists of possible short and long term side effects. I just can't decide what to do. But I am so glad that you are feeling better.
  • lynn1950
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Ohilly I am glad the lexapro
    Ohilly I am glad the lexapro is working for you. I have recently talked with my doc about my depression/anxiety. She perscribed wellbutrin but my onc nixed it because it interferes with my tamoxifen. Apparently there are only 4 that don't interfere. I was set to take one but then googled them and am very frightened by the long lists of possible short and long term side effects. I just can't decide what to do. But I am so glad that you are feeling better.

SEs
    Dear Eil - The labels ARE scary. However, I feel like I am now a veteran of trying different antidepressants, and I have to say: when you find the right one, it works, and you feel better. I am so much better able to deal with everything, including the fatigue from treatment, now.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing anxiety and depression. I know that hole. My best, Lynn
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

SEs
    Dear Eil - The labels ARE scary. However, I feel like I am now a veteran of trying different antidepressants, and I have to say: when you find the right one, it works, and you feel better. I am so much better able to deal with everything, including the fatigue from treatment, now.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing anxiety and depression. I know that hole. My best, Lynn

Ohilly, I am so glad that
    Ohilly, I am so glad that you found something to help you. It is so great to see you happy! I pray that it continues for you!