Helping my friend

Options
shlr4444
shlr4444 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I want to have a fundraiser for my friend who is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Does anyone have any ideas.

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    My friend
    My friend had a fundraiser and it was given by two clubs--she belonged to one and her parents belonged to both--joint effort of both clubs. They had a buffet 50/50 tickets, prizes which were gift certificates from area business and then auction with other gift certificates from other businesses.

At this particular find raiser they raised over 10,000 for her because she has no insurance and the medication she is on is very expensive.

Other that I have heard have had buffet and dance and 50/50 tickets and raised money that way.

There has been golf tournaments at the golf course I belong to for fund raisers for others as well.

Good luck to your friend.

Margo
  • shlr4444
    shlr4444 Member Posts: 2
    Options

My friend
    My friend had a fundraiser and it was given by two clubs--she belonged to one and her parents belonged to both--joint effort of both clubs. They had a buffet 50/50 tickets, prizes which were gift certificates from area business and then auction with other gift certificates from other businesses.

At this particular find raiser they raised over 10,000 for her because she has no insurance and the medication she is on is very expensive.

Other that I have heard have had buffet and dance and 50/50 tickets and raised money that way.

There has been golf tournaments at the golf course I belong to for fund raisers for others as well.

Good luck to your friend.

Margo

Thank you Margo for the
    Thank you Margo for the great ideas.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    shlr4444 said:

Thank you Margo for the
    Thank you Margo for the great ideas.

No problem
    No problem.
    Thank god I have insurance and after I pay $5,000 out of my pocket each year my insurance picks up 100%. If they didn't then with the Herceptin treatment I am getting 12 treatments would have been $74,000 out of pocket for me and that doesn't include the other chemo drugs I have had.

Suggestions for fund raisers are wonderful.

I make payments to the hospital of $25.00 a month and if they can't accept that then they won't get anything from me. I am a single mother raising a 6 year old. Working full time, making house payment and the other stuff.

Any little bit from fund raisers helps.

Another friend, god rest her sole, she passed away on Monday from colon cancer stage 4, had a fund raiser that was given by a co-worker and raised $1,500 but it helps the family in this time.

Margo
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

No problem
    No problem.
    Thank god I have insurance and after I pay $5,000 out of my pocket each year my insurance picks up 100%. If they didn't then with the Herceptin treatment I am getting 12 treatments would have been $74,000 out of pocket for me and that doesn't include the other chemo drugs I have had.

Suggestions for fund raisers are wonderful.

I make payments to the hospital of $25.00 a month and if they can't accept that then they won't get anything from me. I am a single mother raising a 6 year old. Working full time, making house payment and the other stuff.

Any little bit from fund raisers helps.

Another friend, god rest her sole, she passed away on Monday from colon cancer stage 4, had a fund raiser that was given by a co-worker and raised $1,500 but it helps the family in this time.

Margo

You need to contact the ACS
    You need to contact the ACS and they will give you loads of suggestions and ideas. They sponser the Relay For Life so they know all of them.

Good luck!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

You need to contact the ACS
    You need to contact the ACS and they will give you loads of suggestions and ideas. They sponser the Relay For Life so they know all of them.

Good luck!

The American Cancer Society
    The American Cancer Society can help you out completely in this. They have tons of ideas for fund raisers. Just call your local chapter or contact them from this site.

Have fun and raise a lot!