Chemo Party for This Week and Next

Options
2»

Comments

• lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options

Today Feeling OK
    I was disconnected on Thursday and have felt sick to my stomach until today and even somewhat today but a lot better. I just have the hardest time eating much at all before getting so full or just wanting to get sick (even though I've never actually got sick yet), just feel like I could.

Glad you got your Dr. Pepper. You have all week to drink up now that you can drink. Today I held something cold and it bothered me a little, I was surprised because it never lasted this long and it's only once in awhile.

Have not had any problems with hands or feet so far being sore, but I have heard of that hand/foot syndrome.

Kim

Nurse Practitioner Comments
    Hi everyone. I went in for Round 3 (Folfox) Today. I thought I would share some of the things the Nurse Practitioner went over with me.

Hair Thinning is beginning to be noticeable (actually shocking) in the shower. NP said that everyone is different. Some have no thinning, some have little thinning, and some lose it all. She never tells someone that they will not lose their hair.

Coloring hair – She said to go ahead with it.

Temporary Back & Chest pain after Neulasta- NP said to take Claritin. The antihistamine helps. Aleve is good to take also.

Temporary Breakouts around the edges of face, shoulders, & back. Probably from Steroids. Use Hydrocortisone cream and antibacterial soap (Dial).

Bowel problems (inconsistency and urgency). She said this will get better over time.

Mouth sore or blisters. She gave prescription for Magic Mouthwash if needed.

Alcohol is ok in moderation.

Sexual intercourse – only after 48-72 hours (chemo secretions can be passed to partner - use condom for greater protection to partner).

After having Round 3 this morning, I have noticed significantly greater sensitivity to cold. In fact, washing my hands under tap water caused me to draw back until the warm water mixed. Noticed slight tingling in hands and feet. Nothing unmanageable at this point.

Hope some of this info helps you. Life is good only 9 more rounds to go!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options

Nurse Practitioner Comments
    Hi everyone. I went in for Round 3 (Folfox) Today. I thought I would share some of the things the Nurse Practitioner went over with me.

Hair Thinning is beginning to be noticeable (actually shocking) in the shower. NP said that everyone is different. Some have no thinning, some have little thinning, and some lose it all. She never tells someone that they will not lose their hair.

Coloring hair – She said to go ahead with it.

Temporary Back & Chest pain after Neulasta- NP said to take Claritin. The antihistamine helps. Aleve is good to take also.

Temporary Breakouts around the edges of face, shoulders, & back. Probably from Steroids. Use Hydrocortisone cream and antibacterial soap (Dial).

Bowel problems (inconsistency and urgency). She said this will get better over time.

Mouth sore or blisters. She gave prescription for Magic Mouthwash if needed.

Alcohol is ok in moderation.

Sexual intercourse – only after 48-72 hours (chemo secretions can be passed to partner - use condom for greater protection to partner).

After having Round 3 this morning, I have noticed significantly greater sensitivity to cold. In fact, washing my hands under tap water caused me to draw back until the warm water mixed. Noticed slight tingling in hands and feet. Nothing unmanageable at this point.

Hope some of this info helps you. Life is good only 9 more rounds to go!

Thanks
    That is some very great information. I haven't had to take the Neulsta yet, but that would scare me if I had back and chest pains. Also, great news on the hair coloring. I'm needing to do that and that is one thing that would make me feel like cancer has taken yet another thing away. I know it's only temporary, but it does make one feel better. I noticed the water and the grocery store. Always taken back by that sudden feeling of shooting needles. Hope you feel better soon and thanks again for the info.

Kim
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options

Thanks
    That is some very great information. I haven't had to take the Neulsta yet, but that would scare me if I had back and chest pains. Also, great news on the hair coloring. I'm needing to do that and that is one thing that would make me feel like cancer has taken yet another thing away. I know it's only temporary, but it does make one feel better. I noticed the water and the grocery store. Always taken back by that sudden feeling of shooting needles. Hope you feel better soon and thanks again for the info.

Kim

Yes, it does feel like shooting needles.
    Hi Kim,
    Yes, it does feel like shooting needles. I like the way you put that.
    Thanks for your notes. I can always identify with you. Have a great day!