New England Humor

Options
tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
A curious fellow died one day and found himself waiting in the long line of judgment. As he stood there he noticed that some souls were allowed to march right through the pearly gates into Heaven. Others though, were led over to Satan who threw them into the burning pit. But every so often, instead of hurling a poor soul into the fire, Satan would toss a soul off to one side into a small pile.

After watching Satan do this several times, the fellow's curiosity got the best of him. So he strolled over and asked Satan what he was doing.

"Excuse me, Mr. Prince of Darkness," he said. "I'm waiting in line for judgment, but I couldn't help wondering, why are you tossing those people aside instead of flinging them into the Fires of Hell with the others?"

"Ah, those," Satan said with a groan. "They're all from New England...

They're still too wet to burn."

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    You
    Daft Sod!........ I love it! Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    LOL Margo! Thanks for
    LOL Margo! Thanks for another great funny!
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

LOL Margo! Thanks for
    LOL Margo! Thanks for another great funny!

????
    It's either chemo brain ... or I'm stupid ... but I don't get it ... huh? I must be missing something (other than my mind)...

teena
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options
    It must be the chemo
    It must be the chemo brain...I am from New England and do not know what it means.
  • tommaseena
    Options

It must be the chemo
    It must be the chemo brain...I am from New England and do not know what it means.

wet wood
    Can't burn wet wood so set it aside for the next season.
    The devil is setting the wet people aside because they won't burn.

Do you get it now?
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

wet wood

Do you get it now?

lol Thanks for the
    lol Thanks for the explanation Margo! Some of us need it. :(

Love your jokes, keep them coming!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

wet wood

Do you get it now?

And the people in New
    And the people in New England are wet because.....???? Pacific Northwest I could understand, but New England? My brain isn't going there, obviously! Splain again, pls! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tgf
    Options
    chenheart said:

And the people in New
    And the people in New England are wet because.....???? Pacific Northwest I could understand, but New England? My brain isn't going there, obviously! Splain again, pls! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia

Glad I'm not the only one
    Wet wood???? I'm still missing something (other than my brain). I just dont' get it???
    I think when you sent the joke you might have forgotten the brain power of your audience ... like zero. A joke may be just a few short lines ... but it may take 5 days to explain it to most of us. And ... you can't even blame it on us being BLOND ... because most of us don't have ANY hair!

So ... wet wood????

hugs.
    teena
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a fool
    OK, so here is what I was thinking: either the New Englanders are wet because of the amount of rain in New England, or they need "drying out" because they drink too much??

Have we ruined the joke enough with our explanations, Margo? LOL.

Mimi
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    mimivac said:

I, too, am a fool
    OK, so here is what I was thinking: either the New Englanders are wet because of the amount of rain in New England, or they need "drying out" because they drink too much??

Have we ruined the joke enough with our explanations, Margo? LOL.

Mimi

Maybe...
    could the joke be on us because we don't get it? :) Pammy
  • tommaseena
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Maybe...
    could the joke be on us because we don't get it? :) Pammy

you can't
    you can't burn wet wood it has to be seasoned.
    So maybe New Englanders are wet because of all the rain or maybe because of drinking. Maybe it is the snow we get in the winter.

I guess I should read the joke and pretend I'm from another state before I submit the joke to make sure most get it.

I tried--and I will keep jokes coming.

Margo
  • tgf
    Options

you can't
    you can't burn wet wood it has to be seasoned.
    So maybe New Englanders are wet because of all the rain or maybe because of drinking. Maybe it is the snow we get in the winter.

I guess I should read the joke and pretend I'm from another state before I submit the joke to make sure most get it.

I tried--and I will keep jokes coming.

Margo

Thanks
    Thanks for the "explanation" ... but I'm sure there are still a LOT of us who still don't get it ... and probably never will. We are just too chemo-brained out to get anything but the most obvious jokes. It has to be simple ... with not too many big words ... LOL

But ... keep the jokes coming ... and we'll be sure to let you know if we need explanations.

hugs.
    teena
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options
    Oh my god I can't stop
    Oh my god I can't stop laughing!!!!!! I maynot get the joke, and I am from NE but I am definitely laughing. I am laughing so hard my stomach hurt and I am crying. I was reading the posts to my sister and cousin and can't even get the words out. Anyway I get that wet wood doesn't burn, just not why I am wet. Are you from NE

Kim
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Oh my god I can't stop
    Oh my god I can't stop laughing!!!!!! I maynot get the joke, and I am from NE but I am definitely laughing. I am laughing so hard my stomach hurt and I am crying. I was reading the posts to my sister and cousin and can't even get the words out. Anyway I get that wet wood doesn't burn, just not why I am wet. Are you from NE

Kim

I didn't get it either. LOL
    I didn't get it either. LOL
  • tommaseena
    Options

Oh my god I can't stop

Kim

Maine
    Kim,
    I am in Maine.

Margo
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options

Maine
    Kim,
    I am in Maine.

Margo

I think that it's a comment

I think that it's a comment on the NE weather. Because of the snow and rain, the only time it's really dry is a couple days in the summertime. I'm from Upstate New York, and that's the way it is here...

Joyce
  • Kayla1
    Kayla1 Member Posts: 101
    Options
    jk1952 said:

I think that it's a comment

I think that it's a comment on the NE weather. Because of the snow and rain, the only time it's really dry is a couple days in the summertime. I'm from Upstate New York, and that's the way it is here...

Joyce

Margo,
    I am from Mass and

Margo,
    I am from Mass and got it! Except for the last week it has done nothing but rain. We are truly all wet here.
    K