Options
2»

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Kim and CR
    Thank you both. I wasn't expecting the arm pain and feel relieved it is not unusual. I have about 3 more weeks to go.

I will try to eat more protein and check out Calenda lotion, Kim. Thanks. T pretzel dog, Susan, I think called him, is Nubi, also known as "Joe's Dog" or "Nuisance." Good thing for him he is so cute!

Cindy, I hope your husband is doing well. I remember what a joy it was to have him come home the 4th of July weekend. Hugs to sweet Kenny.

Moopey....
    so glad to hear from you. And as you know, I am drinking in everything you say (and everyone going thru rads) because I haven't started on mine yet. Did get the simulations and tattoos done, but waiting on test results to see if I will proceed. Just another delay. I'm sorry to hear about the arm pain. Mine will be positioned almost straight across from my side. It feels like it will be doable. Plus he offered pain meds as well. Turned him down (have plenty) because I have a muscle relaxant that works well called Soma 350mg. Ask your Doctor about it if your thinking of going that route. hang in there. :) Pammy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

I'm Here, My Friends
    Thank you all for your messages and for thinking of me. Joe has been checking the board and letting me know how you all are doing. Because I don't forget about you, even if I exhaust myself sometimes. Kat, how is chemo coming along? And Judy, I do hope your arm symptoms are something else, not lymphedema. You have had enough to deal with. And Claudia, has the itching gone away? I saw your thread about the Relay and will be reading it. I hope that means you are getting over the dermititis.

Susan, Christmas Girl, you are right: I just had my 11th treatment today. Radiation, I have learned, is not so easy. (You warned me about that, I remember Jeanne.) So far, none of the itching that Kristin had (or was that Noel?).

Maybe because of lymph node involvement, my arm is placed in an incredibly awkward, painful position. The doc offered me muscle relaxers, but they make me feel like Gumby. Tried pain meds left over from mastectomy and migraine meds. At this point, I'm ready to ask for the muscle relaxers. Did anyone else have this? My arm is sore and stiff. I worry that I'll get lymphedema just from the radiation treatments.

Not to mention the fatigue. My dad and stepmom visited over the weekend. I overdid, as you all can guess. Hard to get used to a new "normal." When will my stamina increase?! I had cereal for supper tonight, and poor Joe still hasn't eaten.

Aloe is working best for me so far. The Vaniqua just smears and doesn't blend well. My doc crossed out Auquaphor as an option; I am going to ask about it on Wednesday.

Anyway, I hope this is not way more than you all wanted to know. Hopefully, the info is of some use to those of you getting ready for rads. By the way, I do recommend bringing your own CDs.

I have been treated to Anne Murray, Karen Carpenter, and was offered Barry Manilow. When a tech suggested classical musical, I thought great! What I got was a collection of popular tunes: wedding and graduation marches, Beethoven's Fifth, and the Lone Ranger theme. Which, as it happens, is from the William Tell Overture. Who knew? I left my CDs at home, so if I ever get retail therapy energy again, I will be buying something. Oh, I did hear some Tim McGraw; unfortunately, the songs included "Live Like You Are Dying," which is good advice but not particularly uplifting when you are lying immobile in an underground radiation facility getting zapped.

Again, I do thank God for each and every one of you. I don't know why you are so good to me, but I am grateful. I will be catching up on my reading and what I have missed. Thank you for "listening" to my venting.

Love, Moopy who is feeling more Moop-inATED than MoopinaTOR.

HELLO, dear Moopy! :-)
    Sooo good to see you here this evening! Glad all of you had fun over the weekend, with your family visitors and celebrating Joe's birthday. As another member already said - maybe rest and relax this coming weekend. Plan a quiet one, including naps.

Rads induced fatigue is cumulative (just like chemo SEs). But, know that when they're done - yes, your stamina will eventually increase, with time and healing, and taking very good care of yourself.

Oh, my dear - WE know why we're so good to you. Because you are so good to all of US!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S. to Aortus: MoopEEPTIA?!?
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Kim and CR
    Thank you both. I wasn't expecting the arm pain and feel relieved it is not unusual. I have about 3 more weeks to go.

I will try to eat more protein and check out Calenda lotion, Kim. Thanks. T pretzel dog, Susan, I think called him, is Nubi, also known as "Joe's Dog" or "Nuisance." Good thing for him he is so cute!

Cindy, I hope your husband is doing well. I remember what a joy it was to have him come home the 4th of July weekend. Hugs to sweet Kenny.

Moopy
    i miss you, but we have been through this all together.......and i couldn;t have done it withouh you and Joe and all you inspiration. I will post later on fatigue. i love you jackie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

HELLO, dear Moopy! :-)
    Sooo good to see you here this evening! Glad all of you had fun over the weekend, with your family visitors and celebrating Joe's birthday. As another member already said - maybe rest and relax this coming weekend. Plan a quiet one, including naps.

Rads induced fatigue is cumulative (just like chemo SEs). But, know that when they're done - yes, your stamina will eventually increase, with time and healing, and taking very good care of yourself.

Oh, my dear - WE know why we're so good to you. Because you are so good to all of US!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S. to Aortus: MoopEEPTIA?!?

Moopy, I hope you feel
    Moopy, I hope you feel better soon and gain some strength!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

I'm Here, My Friends
    Thank you all for your messages and for thinking of me. Joe has been checking the board and letting me know how you all are doing. Because I don't forget about you, even if I exhaust myself sometimes. Kat, how is chemo coming along? And Judy, I do hope your arm symptoms are something else, not lymphedema. You have had enough to deal with. And Claudia, has the itching gone away? I saw your thread about the Relay and will be reading it. I hope that means you are getting over the dermititis.

Susan, Christmas Girl, you are right: I just had my 11th treatment today. Radiation, I have learned, is not so easy. (You warned me about that, I remember Jeanne.) So far, none of the itching that Kristin had (or was that Noel?).

Maybe because of lymph node involvement, my arm is placed in an incredibly awkward, painful position. The doc offered me muscle relaxers, but they make me feel like Gumby. Tried pain meds left over from mastectomy and migraine meds. At this point, I'm ready to ask for the muscle relaxers. Did anyone else have this? My arm is sore and stiff. I worry that I'll get lymphedema just from the radiation treatments.

Not to mention the fatigue. My dad and stepmom visited over the weekend. I overdid, as you all can guess. Hard to get used to a new "normal." When will my stamina increase?! I had cereal for supper tonight, and poor Joe still hasn't eaten.

Aloe is working best for me so far. The Vaniqua just smears and doesn't blend well. My doc crossed out Auquaphor as an option; I am going to ask about it on Wednesday.

Anyway, I hope this is not way more than you all wanted to know. Hopefully, the info is of some use to those of you getting ready for rads. By the way, I do recommend bringing your own CDs.

I have been treated to Anne Murray, Karen Carpenter, and was offered Barry Manilow. When a tech suggested classical musical, I thought great! What I got was a collection of popular tunes: wedding and graduation marches, Beethoven's Fifth, and the Lone Ranger theme. Which, as it happens, is from the William Tell Overture. Who knew? I left my CDs at home, so if I ever get retail therapy energy again, I will be buying something. Oh, I did hear some Tim McGraw; unfortunately, the songs included "Live Like You Are Dying," which is good advice but not particularly uplifting when you are lying immobile in an underground radiation facility getting zapped.

Again, I do thank God for each and every one of you. I don't know why you are so good to me, but I am grateful. I will be catching up on my reading and what I have missed. Thank you for "listening" to my venting.

So good to see you posting Moopy!
    Hi Moopy! I had just been thinking about you and wondered how you were doing with rads. And yes, I told you that they aren't easy as some said they were. And, especially for someone like you who has already been thru so much. You are coming into them already wore out and tired. That is why getting lots of sleep and taking naps is so important for you. I know it is hard when you have company, but, now that they are gone..DO IT! lol

I wonder why you can't use Aquaphor. It was great for greasing up my skin at night and keeping it moist so that it wouldn't peel. I still use it occasionaly. If you burn, you might ask your rads oncologist about Biafine. It worked great on me. But, do what your doctor says, he knows. There is also Jeans Cream, which is good I heard. And, your treatment is different than mine. So, 3 weeks left? You are almost halfway thru! YEAAAAAAAAAAA!

My arm rested comfortably, almost beside me, a little above my head in a comfortable lil slingy thing, so, I didn't have the discomfort that you are having.

And, the fatigue? I still have it Moopy and I am about 2 months out. I just saw my rads oncologist last week and he said it takes awhile, and, he meant years even to recoup from this for some of us. I still take naps. lol But hey, why not. I am not working this year and may not even go back next year, or, ever. I am undecided as of yet. Just don't feel mentally or physically like I want to. And, my hubby doesn't care one way or the other. He said it just interferred with our traveling. lol He likes me home all of the time..lol :)

Well, you take care of yourself. Get lots of rest, eat well and think positive. And, just know Moopy that so many of us here love you and are rooting you on! YOU GO GIRL!

Love, Jeanne
  • rjjj
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Hi Moopy! I had just been thinking about you and wondered how you were doing with rads. And yes, I told you that they aren't easy as some said they were. And, especially for someone like you who has already been thru so much. You are coming into them already wore out and tired. That is why getting lots of sleep and taking naps is so important for you. I know it is hard when you have company, but, now that they are gone..DO IT! lol

I wonder why you can't use Aquaphor. It was great for greasing up my skin at night and keeping it moist so that it wouldn't peel. I still use it occasionaly. If you burn, you might ask your rads oncologist about Biafine. It worked great on me. But, do what your doctor says, he knows. There is also Jeans Cream, which is good I heard. And, your treatment is different than mine. So, 3 weeks left? You are almost halfway thru! YEAAAAAAAAAAA!

My arm rested comfortably, almost beside me, a little above my head in a comfortable lil slingy thing, so, I didn't have the discomfort that you are having.

And, the fatigue? I still have it Moopy and I am about 2 months out. I just saw my rads oncologist last week and he said it takes awhile, and, he meant years even to recoup from this for some of us. I still take naps. lol But hey, why not. I am not working this year and may not even go back next year, or, ever. I am undecided as of yet. Just don't feel mentally or physically like I want to. And, my hubby doesn't care one way or the other. He said it just interferred with our traveling. lol He likes me home all of the time..lol :)

Well, you take care of yourself. Get lots of rest, eat well and think positive. And, just know Moopy that so many of us here love you and are rooting you on! YOU GO GIRL!

Love, Jeanne

Thanks Jeanne
    fo posting this for our sweet sis. i hope she knows that it's more than ok to rest!! huh Moops!!
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    rjjj said:

Thanks Jeanne
    fo posting this for our sweet sis. i hope she knows that it's more than ok to rest!! huh Moops!!

Moopster!
    Just had to chip in my two-penneth. Glad you managed to post in here, as you see, you were missed. Luv Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Love, Jeanne

Aquaphor
    Jeanne, your post reminded me of the first lotion I used that worked great until almost the end of rads when I needed something for itching. My brain is so happy to have that info back. Moopy, that's the lotion I couldn't remember. :} Lynn
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Love, Jeanne

"Two Penneth"
    Hi, y'all. Your messages and advice and encouragement are worth far more than two pennies--their worth cannot be measured. Like coins in a fountain, they are magical and fill me with hope.

Soma, 350 mg. I will remember that, Pammy, and ask my onc. tomorrow about it, as well as about Biafine. Will also ask why Aquaphor isn't a listed option. I gave the Vaniqua to my stepmom; I found it too time-consuming to blend into my skin.

The fatigue level has been so great that I had started to worry that the beast had come back. I feel better after reading your experiences, Jeanne and Jackie, I am going straight to your thread on fatigue.

Hey, guess what song will be in my head at treatment? Not The Lone Ranger theme, but "Hang On, Moopy!" I remember "Hang On, Sloopy" Lynn. Thank you, thank you.
  • rjjj
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

I'm Here, My Friends

My friend
    The fatigue can be the worst part..for me anyway. In my mind i still think i can do it, but my body won't let me. Wish me luck i'm stating back to work today a few hours..and am tired just thinking of it.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

"Two Penneth"
    Hi, y'all. Your messages and advice and encouragement are worth far more than two pennies--their worth cannot be measured. Like coins in a fountain, they are magical and fill me with hope.

Soma, 350 mg. I will remember that, Pammy, and ask my onc. tomorrow about it, as well as about Biafine. Will also ask why Aquaphor isn't a listed option. I gave the Vaniqua to my stepmom; I found it too time-consuming to blend into my skin.

The fatigue level has been so great that I had started to worry that the beast had come back. I feel better after reading your experiences, Jeanne and Jackie, I am going straight to your thread on fatigue.

Hey, guess what song will be in my head at treatment? Not The Lone Ranger theme, but "Hang On, Moopy!" I remember "Hang On, Sloopy" Lynn. Thank you, thank you.

MOOPY!
    Hey Moopy! So good to see you posting with your cute lil doggy picture! ;) I have never heard of Vaniqua. But, since your rads are different than the regular ones, it might be something special. ( since you are special :) )

As far as fatigue, get used to it unfortunately. It will get worse the longer the treatments go. And, it will still be with you afterwords. I am still very tired, and, was also told that it could last a long time. Just get lots of rest. And, if you feel tired, just lay down. I know that when I lay down sometimes and just take a quick nap that I wake up feeling a lot better. I also got a sleeping pill to help me sleep at night.

Just know that your body is going thru so much. Rads is so hard on it. Treat yourself and your body. You deserve it!

Big hugs, Noel
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

"Two Penneth"

I had some mild fatigue but
    I had some mild fatigue but I hadn't done all the chemo that you have done. My sister did chemo before and after surgery and Herceptin and she was wiped out from the radiation. She also burnt more. She had a much wider field. Her burns were from her collarbone down and under her arms. But it did start to heal some after the rads ended. She also had a bolis which I think is used more with those that had mastectomies. She was Stage 3B, grade 3, and triple positive. Her tumor was quite large, over 4cm.
    I am so glad that you posted. You and Joe are two of favs and you are an inspiration to me. You both have such upbeat, positive attitudes. Just gotta love you both.
    Stef
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    creams and music
    Moops, I swear by Calendula cream. I put it on 3 times a day during treatment and still apply it every night. My breast looks great now, you almost can't tell all that it went through.

Your music story made me laugh. This goes to show the different atmosphere in different hospitals/parts of the country. At my hospital, they played either jazz or persian instrumental music. Loved it. Hey, if they have an ipod terminal, you can just take your mp3 player and have them play all your favorites!

I'm sorry you are so tired. It will lift. My oncologist says that sometimes the fatigue comes on during rads, sometimes after, and that it lasts at least 3 months. I'm still waiting for mine to come on. Hope it's not too bad. Take care and keep us posted.

Mimi
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

creams and music
    Moops, I swear by Calendula cream. I put it on 3 times a day during treatment and still apply it every night. My breast looks great now, you almost can't tell all that it went through.

Your music story made me laugh. This goes to show the different atmosphere in different hospitals/parts of the country. At my hospital, they played either jazz or persian instrumental music. Loved it. Hey, if they have an ipod terminal, you can just take your mp3 player and have them play all your favorites!

I'm sorry you are so tired. It will lift. My oncologist says that sometimes the fatigue comes on during rads, sometimes after, and that it lasts at least 3 months. I'm still waiting for mine to come on. Hope it's not too bad. Take care and keep us posted.

Mimi

I am still exhausted Moopy
    I am still exhausted Moopy and that is quite normal. It just happens. No sense in fighting it. My rads oncologist also says it is very common and we just have to accept it and rest when we can. And, it is worse for those that have been thru chemo, like you.

Just keep your chin up and know that you will get thru this. We will all help you!

Hugs, Kristin

Oh, and FYI, my breast is still hot to the touch. Weird huh? So, we cook a longgggggggg time even after we are finished. Or, some of us do.
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    Kristin N said:

I am still exhausted Moopy and that is quite normal. It just happens. No sense in fighting it. My rads oncologist also says it is very common and we just have to accept it and rest when we can. And, it is worse for those that have been thru chemo, like you.

Just keep your chin up and know that you will get thru this. We will all help you!

Hugs, Kristin

Oh, and FYI, my breast is still hot to the touch. Weird huh? So, we cook a longgggggggg time even after we are finished. Or, some of us do.

Hi Moopy
    Sorry that you are having a bad time with radiation..but not too far from the end now!

I finish on the 27th and will be glad not to have to drive into the hospital every day..then just the infusions again until January..the end is in sight! Say Hi to Joe and take it easy whenever you can.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Hugs, Kristin

Hi and thanks to all my "kitty" friends and Sausage
    (Mimi, I know you have 2 kitties, so I include you, too!) You're right, Kristin, I am fighting the tiredness and need to just nap more and rest whenever I can. So easy to understand, hard to do. I know that is true for us all.

Thank you all for hanging in there with me. I did sing "Hang On, Moopy" in my head today! I guess I didn't expect becoming a Radiation Graduate would be so exhausting. Sausage, I will be following behind you and will be celebrating with you on the 27th.

And as always, I thank my buddies for their kitty images. Sure glad those didn't get "zapped" by moderators!

By the way, Mimi, jazz and Persian instrumental music must have been soothing. I've never heard Persian music, but I bet it is beautiful. Bummer--you get jazz and instrumentals; I get.., well, I don't want to think about those tunes!
  • DianeBC
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hi and thanks to all my "kitty" friends and Sausage
    (Mimi, I know you have 2 kitties, so I include you, too!) You're right, Kristin, I am fighting the tiredness and need to just nap more and rest whenever I can. So easy to understand, hard to do. I know that is true for us all.

Thank you all for hanging in there with me. I did sing "Hang On, Moopy" in my head today! I guess I didn't expect becoming a Radiation Graduate would be so exhausting. Sausage, I will be following behind you and will be celebrating with you on the 27th.

And as always, I thank my buddies for their kitty images. Sure glad those didn't get "zapped" by moderators!

By the way, Mimi, jazz and Persian instrumental music must have been soothing. I've never heard Persian music, but I bet it is beautiful. Bummer--you get jazz and instrumentals; I get.., well, I don't want to think about those tunes!

Moopy, we are all here
    Moopy, we are all here cheering you on!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Moopy, we are all here
    Moopy, we are all here cheering you on!

LOL @ Hang on Moopy!
    LOL @ Hang on Moopy! Oh no, now I can't get that out of my head! LOL
  • DianeBC
    Options
    Kristin N said:

LOL @ Hang on Moopy!
    LOL @ Hang on Moopy! Oh no, now I can't get that out of my head! LOL

Moopy, you really sound in
    Moopy, you really sound in good spirits! Hope that is the case! Or, maybe you just finally got some rest?