"Her friends are on there!"

Options
2»

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    CFR
    Jackie, when you are up to it, since you like to fish, check out Casting for Recovery. It teaches fly fishing to breast cancer survivors. I got to go this year and it was fantastic! Your husband is a fine man. Lynn
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

CFR
    Jackie, when you are up to it, since you like to fish, check out Casting for Recovery. It teaches fly fishing to breast cancer survivors. I got to go this year and it was fantastic! Your husband is a fine man. Lynn

Thanks Lynn and all who replied
    Casting for Recovery sounds like so much fun. I will definitely check it out. I usually just sit on the bank with a bobber or wait for my pole to wiggle (maybe when i have more energy i could fly fish...or the guys could and i could watch. I mostly love the atmosphere and beauty of nature. But I do put on a good fish fry also! It seems being in nature makes problems of ca diminish some.

I am so glad I have all of you! jackie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    rjjj said:

Thanks Lynn and all who replied
    Casting for Recovery sounds like so much fun. I will definitely check it out. I usually just sit on the bank with a bobber or wait for my pole to wiggle (maybe when i have more energy i could fly fish...or the guys could and i could watch. I mostly love the atmosphere and beauty of nature. But I do put on a good fish fry also! It seems being in nature makes problems of ca diminish some.

I am so glad I have all of you! jackie

wow, someone teaching you
    wow, someone teaching you fly fishing would be great, wouldn't it? let us know how that works.
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Alexis F said:

wow, someone teaching you fly fishing would be great, wouldn't it? let us know how that works.

Which river???
    Hey there RE,

Which river is that??? With so many beautiful rivers in Montana to fish on, or just gaze at lovingly, we really are blessed!!

Keep having fun,
    Debi
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

It may be humid Moopy, but
    the Ozarks are beautiful. In fact, I think they are the most beautiful part of the country I have ever seen (though I could be a bit partial being born in AK :)).
    dmc

dmc, I was not only...
    born and raised here, but I'm STILL here. LOL
    Stop by and see me sometime. (N.E. Ark....foothills of the Ozarks.)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    awwwwwww
    Truer words were never spoken...your friends are indeed here~ how wonderful for your hubby to be so insightful. It made me smile all day long. Thank you for sharing that!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

i know Joe
    His statement...short and sweet, pretty much summed it up! And the river is just beautiful here although yesterday was hot and sultry. Today the are predicting rain. So might fish a little this eve. after i go to "work" ha ha for a few hours (actually i will be doing church with my old, sweet residents) and that's not "work" at all!

I hope the weather gets a little less humid for you all. and I hope Moopy is enjoying time with family. Do you feel a year older? I bet so.....along with Moopy, but just think ..almost done and next year you and the Moopster will feel like spring chickens!!!!!!!!!!

"But Her Friends are Here!"
    Ah, Jackie, Bob's concern for you is so touching. It really reveals in a spontaneous way his love and concern for you. Aren't you glad to be home again with your hubby and family??

And your friends are here. (Ok, I was inert for a little while, but I wasn't forgetting you or our friends. Just waiting to feel like that spring chicken you mentioned.)

Love, Moopy
    p.s. The photo is beautiful, so peaceful.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Here is the website for "Casting for Recovery:"
    www.castingforrecovery.org This is from their website...

Casting for Recovery® (CFR), founded in 1996, is a national non-profit support and educational program for breast cancer survivors. We enhance the lives of breast cancer survivors by offering no-cost retreats tailored to promote and support mental and physical healing through shared experiences and the learning of new skills. At the end of 2008 we have served 3,500 women through the delivery of 269 retreats, helped by over 1,000 volunteers nationwide.

The retreat I went to in Idaho was everything good and nothing bad; all the women, survivors and volunteers made a family for those few days we were together and we communicate with each other still, even though we come from all over Idaho. I am so grateful for the experience. If you have the chance, take a look at the website. It has all the information you need.

:) (Make that an extra wide smile) Lynn

I
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Here is the website for "Casting for Recovery:"
    www.castingforrecovery.org This is from their website...

Casting for Recovery® (CFR), founded in 1996, is a national non-profit support and educational program for breast cancer survivors. We enhance the lives of breast cancer survivors by offering no-cost retreats tailored to promote and support mental and physical healing through shared experiences and the learning of new skills. At the end of 2008 we have served 3,500 women through the delivery of 269 retreats, helped by over 1,000 volunteers nationwide.

The retreat I went to in Idaho was everything good and nothing bad; all the women, survivors and volunteers made a family for those few days we were together and we communicate with each other still, even though we come from all over Idaho. I am so grateful for the experience. If you have the chance, take a look at the website. It has all the information you need.

:) (Make that an extra wide smile) Lynn

I

Thanks for the website Lynn!
    Thanks for the website Lynn!