THANK YOU my sweet and caring friends.

Eil4186
Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just want to thank you all for your incredibly kind and supportive responses to my post on feeling depressed and fearful. Reading your words has helped me to not feel like a freak. I guess I just need to accept that the cancer happened, it was horrible and scary and it is just not going to disappear from my life and mind. Its like a "shadow" that will always be lurking around. I hope I can learn to not let it effect my quality of life all the time.

I don't know what I would do without you all! You are and have been such an incredible source of comfort and support through all of this. Thank you from my heart. Eil

Comments

  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Your welcome my friend
    no need for thanks, that's why we are here. To help each through this, together. :)
    dmc
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    we are a special family
    Eil, we care, that's why we are here. Who wouldn't support someone who is in almost the exact same situation at one time or another? You too are there for us, so I thank you and everyone else here who gives support just by being here. Hope you are feeling better, and can enjoy your weekend.

    =^..^=
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Eli... right back at you...
    Eli... right back at you... I guess that is the entire point to this site... I can only thank God that I found it and all the wonderful people who are here.

    Love & Best wishes

    ~T
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Have you ever thought about.....
    being here the exact same time that everyone else is? Considering the thousands of women who were diagnosed before us and who will be after us? And here all of us are NOW to comfort and share with each other. And no brats or bullys in the bunch!! How cool is that? :) Pammy
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Akiss4me said:

    Have you ever thought about.....
    being here the exact same time that everyone else is? Considering the thousands of women who were diagnosed before us and who will be after us? And here all of us are NOW to comfort and share with each other. And no brats or bullys in the bunch!! How cool is that? :) Pammy

    I would say...
    that that's pretty darn cool Pammy! :D
    dmc
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    dmc_emmy said:

    I would say...
    that that's pretty darn cool Pammy! :D
    dmc

    Eli, this website has been a
    Eli, this website has been a Godsend, and I, for one, don't know how I would have survived without the comfort and support over these past few months. Each and every post has special meaning, and so many are willing to share their experiences to help others. I know where you were coming from, and am glad to hear things are looking up. Please know that I am available any time you need to vent, and hope I can do the same with all of you. Hugs.

    Judy
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member

    Eli, this website has been a
    Eli, this website has been a Godsend, and I, for one, don't know how I would have survived without the comfort and support over these past few months. Each and every post has special meaning, and so many are willing to share their experiences to help others. I know where you were coming from, and am glad to hear things are looking up. Please know that I am available any time you need to vent, and hope I can do the same with all of you. Hugs.

    Judy

    Unbelievable
    Every time I log into this discussion group I am totally amazed at how different we all are ... and yet how alike we are. Most of us will never meet anyone on this site in person yet we are truly a family. We can share our innermost feelings and fears and there's always someone out there to give us a cyber hug and let us know they care.

    Yesterday when I was having my "chemo-brain meltdown" I didn't know whether I was just going to totally lose it sitting at my desk ... or whether I'd just get out of my chair and run for the car ... and drive and drive and drive ... far away. But ... something inside my chemo-brain told me to log-on and "vent" to my family ... explain how I was feeling ... and someone would be out there and respond. They would tell me what I was feeling was OK and that I would be OK ... and ... sure enough ... within just a couple of minutes ...I got that cyber hug I really needed ... and I made it through the day ... just fine. Thank you MAJW, Taleena, Kim and the rest of you who were there when I needed you.

    This is without a doubt the most wonderful group of people. It is terrible what really brought us together ... for all of us to have found this site ... but we are here and we are all here for each other.

    I don't think I could be traveling this journey without each and every one of you.

    Big hugs!
    teena
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    Eil I just saw this and your other post, I am so glad you are feeling a bit better. I myself have been dealing with cancer for 12 years and I still have sad moments, moments of doubt and terror happily they do pass. You are very, very normal cancer messes with our minds as well as our bodies. You are NED and you and your husband have a future to enjoy and I am so happy for you!

    A ton of hugs and then some!!!

    RE
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Eil
    Your post hit home with me. I have just finished rads and am feeling kind of lost and trying...but not succeeding to well at not being fearful. This is also where i get rid of the fear, and receive so much comfort. The comments from your post, gave me comfort also. I believe we all have this fear but with help and support we can keep it at bay.
    hugs, jackie
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949

    Eli, this website has been a
    Eli, this website has been a Godsend, and I, for one, don't know how I would have survived without the comfort and support over these past few months. Each and every post has special meaning, and so many are willing to share their experiences to help others. I know where you were coming from, and am glad to hear things are looking up. Please know that I am available any time you need to vent, and hope I can do the same with all of you. Hugs.

    Judy

    Thank you so much Judy. Same
    Thank you so much Judy. Same here!
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    rjjj said:

    Eil
    Your post hit home with me. I have just finished rads and am feeling kind of lost and trying...but not succeeding to well at not being fearful. This is also where i get rid of the fear, and receive so much comfort. The comments from your post, gave me comfort also. I believe we all have this fear but with help and support we can keep it at bay.
    hugs, jackie

    Thank you Jackie! You are
    Thank you Jackie! You are right, it is fear. I think fear can also cause sadness and depression. I guess we have to just keep on plugging and try to find joy. Life is so short.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    tgf said:

    Unbelievable
    Every time I log into this discussion group I am totally amazed at how different we all are ... and yet how alike we are. Most of us will never meet anyone on this site in person yet we are truly a family. We can share our innermost feelings and fears and there's always someone out there to give us a cyber hug and let us know they care.

    Yesterday when I was having my "chemo-brain meltdown" I didn't know whether I was just going to totally lose it sitting at my desk ... or whether I'd just get out of my chair and run for the car ... and drive and drive and drive ... far away. But ... something inside my chemo-brain told me to log-on and "vent" to my family ... explain how I was feeling ... and someone would be out there and respond. They would tell me what I was feeling was OK and that I would be OK ... and ... sure enough ... within just a couple of minutes ...I got that cyber hug I really needed ... and I made it through the day ... just fine. Thank you MAJW, Taleena, Kim and the rest of you who were there when I needed you.

    This is without a doubt the most wonderful group of people. It is terrible what really brought us together ... for all of us to have found this site ... but we are here and we are all here for each other.

    I don't think I could be traveling this journey without each and every one of you.

    Big hugs!
    teena

    You said it Teena!

    You said it Teena!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    That is why we are here Eli,
    That is why we are here Eli, to support and encourage each other. Thank you, for all that you do!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Alexis F said:

    That is why we are here Eli,
    That is why we are here Eli, to support and encourage each other. Thank you, for all that you do!

    Sending hugs to you Eli! We
    Sending hugs to you Eli! We all need each other at times.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Just seeing your beautiful
    Just seeing your beautiful picture posted here is a blessing~ you will make it, sweetie! And your up/down fears simply show you do not take life for granted....

    Hugs,
    Claudia