GO, LANCE!!! As of Saturday, July 25th...

Options
Christmas Girl
Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am OBSESSED with the Tour de France, and the return of LANCE ARMSTRONG!!! GO, LANCE!!! TOUR DE LANCE!!!

He's NOT racing to win - but, to continue to bring global AWARENESS to our cause!

Lance Armstrong - the ultimate cancer survivor's HERO!

Thanks, my BC sisters, for allowing me to share my insane enthusiasm... :-)

Kind regards, Susan

Comments

• cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Susan
    I think I saw something about your obsession on Facebook too! Really a fan huh?
    yes it is great that he does this for cancer awareness, he is a real hero.

=^..^=
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Even though I fall off of bicycles....
    GO LANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CR
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-0
    I am right there with you Susan, I have been a Lance fan for many years. I was thrilled to hear he was returning to the Tour De France, he does a lot for the sport and oh so much more for cancer. You are right, he returned to bring cancer awareness back into the lime light. Have you noticed that his helmet is different then the one his team mates wear? It is made to honor the Livestrong awareness program. I am a Lance fan!

RE
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Susan
    I think I saw something about your obsession on Facebook too! Really a fan huh?
    yes it is great that he does this for cancer awareness, he is a real hero.

=^..^=

Absolutely....Go Lance... my
    Absolutely....Go Lance... my husband has been a fan of his for years.. he sucked me in about seven years ago... I've been following him since... !!! Go Lance!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Today...
    Lance Armstrong took overall/finished in 3rd place! WOO HOO! Amazing for a 37 year old (ancient for the sport of bicycling), after a 4 year "retirement" from racing, and a 12 year CANCER SURVIVOR!!!

Tomorrow, on the Paris and the podium!

GO, LANCE!!!

Kind regards, Susan
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

Today...
    Lance Armstrong took overall/finished in 3rd place! WOO HOO! Amazing for a 37 year old (ancient for the sport of bicycling), after a 4 year "retirement" from racing, and a 12 year CANCER SURVIVOR!!!

GO, LANCE!!!

Kind regards, Susan

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Lance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CR
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options

Today...

GO, LANCE!!!

Kind regards, Susan

On to Paris and Victory!
    Adding my cheers for Lance to win an 8th Tour de France and keep wearing yellow.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Lance...ahhhhhh
    Why am I not surprised, my sweet 12/25??? I too am Lance obsessed~ and have been for years! I A few years back, I (we) lost a great CSN friend to this damnable beast...he was also a bike rider, and one of the bravest, kindest souls I have ever come to know. He got to actually ride with Lance...a highlight of his way too short life, which he filled with love, humor, and bravery the likes of which I have never seen...Lance presented him one of the first of the then unknown yellow Livestrong bracelets~you can imagine what an honor that was! Who knew how far-reaching those yellow bracelets would be? Now, with rubber bracelets of every color inundating the planet, those original yellow ones are still the most recognizable and meaningful to most people. While on vacation in Mexico this past October, I even found a Sterling Silver Livestong bracelet which I of course had to have!!!

The time trials are held here in my beautiful little town, and have been for years! Lance has been coming here for eons~ when he was with the Discovery Team, and this year with the Astana team. He and Cheryl Crow were here when they were an "item", and on that note, last year, Cheryl was the Grand Marshall of the Revlon 5K for Women's Cancers which I participate in every Mother's Day.

Lance is not riding to win, you say???? He is riding to win; a 7 time Tour champion, cancer survivor, and NO DRUG USE!! He is winning by leaps and bounds~ The "Tour De Lance" , featuring Lance Legstrong!! Or Lance Lovestong...or even "just" Lance Armstrong.

He is winning for all of us.....no matter where he "officially" places

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    chenheart said:

Lance...ahhhhhh
    Why am I not surprised, my sweet 12/25??? I too am Lance obsessed~ and have been for years! I A few years back, I (we) lost a great CSN friend to this damnable beast...he was also a bike rider, and one of the bravest, kindest souls I have ever come to know. He got to actually ride with Lance...a highlight of his way too short life, which he filled with love, humor, and bravery the likes of which I have never seen...Lance presented him one of the first of the then unknown yellow Livestrong bracelets~you can imagine what an honor that was! Who knew how far-reaching those yellow bracelets would be? Now, with rubber bracelets of every color inundating the planet, those original yellow ones are still the most recognizable and meaningful to most people. While on vacation in Mexico this past October, I even found a Sterling Silver Livestong bracelet which I of course had to have!!!

The time trials are held here in my beautiful little town, and have been for years! Lance has been coming here for eons~ when he was with the Discovery Team, and this year with the Astana team. He and Cheryl Crow were here when they were an "item", and on that note, last year, Cheryl was the Grand Marshall of the Revlon 5K for Women's Cancers which I participate in every Mother's Day.

Lance is not riding to win, you say???? He is riding to win; a 7 time Tour champion, cancer survivor, and NO DRUG USE!! He is winning by leaps and bounds~ The "Tour De Lance" , featuring Lance Legstrong!! Or Lance Lovestong...or even "just" Lance Armstrong.

Hugs,
    Claudia

Kindred Spirit...
    I am NOT surprised, either, Kindred Spirit! :-) My obsession with Lance Armstrong began nearly six years ago... Between diagnosis and surgery, an out-of-state friend (a cervical cancer survivor) sent to me his first autobiography - "It's Not About the Bike (My Journey Back to Life)" - and one of those now very famous yellow "rubber band" bracelets - which were just barely becoming available. I wore that bracelet, alongside a pink one for BC, every single day for five whole years. It's now stashed in my BC keepsake box - along with each and every BC-related card, letter, note, etc. I've received. Both of his books - the 2nd: "Every Second Counts" - are listed on the "resources" section of my "About Me" member homepage. And if you've every perused the "Member Resource Library" - you know that I am not alone amongst CSN members regarding my enthusiasm for his books.

You are, of course and as always, correct in stating that he is winning FOR all of us - as WE ALL WIN, each day. Because each day is a win in the battle against cancer - for all of us, all survivors. My comment within my original post came straight from an interview with Lance shown near the beginning of this year's race. His own words. Of course, as a professional and consummately competitive athlete - he'd race to win. But an award at the end was not his main purpose. Not this year, and for the first time. "Global cancer awareness" (a direct quote) was his primary objective. Because that is now, and always will be, his mission. Whether on a bike, or speaking to politicians.

Thank you, Claudia, for sharing your own Lance stories. Again, I am not surprised. Hugs backatcha.

Kind regards, 12/25
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options

Kindred Spirit...
    I am NOT surprised, either, Kindred Spirit! :-) My obsession with Lance Armstrong began nearly six years ago... Between diagnosis and surgery, an out-of-state friend (a cervical cancer survivor) sent to me his first autobiography - "It's Not About the Bike (My Journey Back to Life)" - and one of those now very famous yellow "rubber band" bracelets - which were just barely becoming available. I wore that bracelet, alongside a pink one for BC, every single day for five whole years. It's now stashed in my BC keepsake box - along with each and every BC-related card, letter, note, etc. I've received. Both of his books - the 2nd: "Every Second Counts" - are listed on the "resources" section of my "About Me" member homepage. And if you've every perused the "Member Resource Library" - you know that I am not alone amongst CSN members regarding my enthusiasm for his books.

You are, of course and as always, correct in stating that he is winning FOR all of us - as WE ALL WIN, each day. Because each day is a win in the battle against cancer - for all of us, all survivors. My comment within my original post came straight from an interview with Lance shown near the beginning of this year's race. His own words. Of course, as a professional and consummately competitive athlete - he'd race to win. But an award at the end was not his main purpose. Not this year, and for the first time. "Global cancer awareness" (a direct quote) was his primary objective. Because that is now, and always will be, his mission. Whether on a bike, or speaking to politicians.

Thank you, Claudia, for sharing your own Lance stories. Again, I am not surprised. Hugs backatcha.

Kind regards, 12/25

Lance made it on the Podium!!!
    We have been Lance fans for years, awhile back we saw him in a race in San Francisco it was awesome!!! He is such a great voice and such a product of encouragement, gotta love his strive to survive and to see that others do as well.

RE
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Lance...ahhhhhh

Hugs,
    Claudia

Lance: Riding to Win, and Winning for All
    Thank you, our 50-Foot Woman, for once again expressing an insight so powerfully and simply, and with humor as well.

Thanks also to dear, dear ChristmasGirl for calling us to pay tribute to a champion unlike any other.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    chenheart said:

Lance...ahhhhhh

Hugs,
    Claudia

Lance's cure...
    A dear friend of ours, that grew up with my husband, is a scientist with Bristol Meyer Squibb and I can't remember the connection, but this is the drug company that created the drug that put Lance's cancer into remission. I forget what his role was. We got to take a private tour one time at the company in Connecticut. This is the first time I heard of Lance. Was so young & naive to even know what was going on. We got to go out one evening with a bunch of the scientist to celebrate. Ahhhh, those were the good 'ol days!! And I felt like a celebrity because they thought I was really a cool chick from WV. They were talking sooooooo far over my head that all I could do was smile & nod, smile & nod.....
    They loved me because of it!!! :) Pammy
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Lance: Riding to Win, and Winning for All
    Thank you, our 50-Foot Woman, for once again expressing an insight so powerfully and simply, and with humor as well.

Thanks also to dear, dear ChristmasGirl for calling us to pay tribute to a champion unlike any other.

As I type...
    I have today's rerun on the television, to the right of me. Listening, and watching. :-)

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Thanks to all who've chimed in to share my unbridled enthusiasm.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Lance's cure...
    A dear friend of ours, that grew up with my husband, is a scientist with Bristol Meyer Squibb and I can't remember the connection, but this is the drug company that created the drug that put Lance's cancer into remission. I forget what his role was. We got to take a private tour one time at the company in Connecticut. This is the first time I heard of Lance. Was so young & naive to even know what was going on. We got to go out one evening with a bunch of the scientist to celebrate. Ahhhh, those were the good 'ol days!! And I felt like a celebrity because they thought I was really a cool chick from WV. They were talking sooooooo far over my head that all I could do was smile & nod, smile & nod.....
    They loved me because of it!!! :) Pammy

Sweet!
    What a great memory for you! Of course you were ( and still are!) a really cool chick from WV~ and for the record, I to this day still smile and nod, smile and nod, cuz half the time I still don't know what people are talking about! It's a great mechanism for the times you can't say "hmmmmmmm, isn't that nice?" (You do know what joke I am talking about, hopefully!)

Hugs,
    Claudia