i am a triple positive

Options
lolad
lolad Member Posts: 670
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I dont know if anyone can answer this, but i'm wondering what it means to have both high positve er and pr along with her2 positive. I was told that it isnt good for the er and pr to be high and positive. and the her2 positive means that the cancer is aggressive. Is this true?

laura

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Laura, read the HER2 + or -
    Laura, read the HER2 + or - What are you thread? It is close to this thread that you started. It explains the HER2 neg or plus very well. I don't know what "high" positive means. I am ER and PR positive, which means my bc is estrogen fed. So, I am suppose to take Tamoxifen. And, I think that HER2 positive does mean your cancer is aggressive. These are questions for your oncologist. Have you spoken to them?
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Laura, read the HER2 + or -
    Laura, read the HER2 + or - What are you thread? It is close to this thread that you started. It explains the HER2 neg or plus very well. I don't know what "high" positive means. I am ER and PR positive, which means my bc is estrogen fed. So, I am suppose to take Tamoxifen. And, I think that HER2 positive does mean your cancer is aggressive. These are questions for your oncologist. Have you spoken to them?

I have an appointment coming
    I have an appointment coming up. Just seems like its taking forever to get answers and i am anxious to know. I hate the wait.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    lolad said:

I have an appointment coming
    I have an appointment coming up. Just seems like its taking forever to get answers and i am anxious to know. I hate the wait.

Hi lolad
    Waiting is the worst part. Learning about cancer is like learning a new language. You can't comprehend everything at once. Take someone to the dr with you. Two sets of ears are better than one. Write down questions as you think of them to ask your dr. And take notes on the answers.

I agree with Diane about the HER2 and estrogen and progestron. Maby someone (like Cabbot) will chime in and explain more.

Wishing the best for you
    Jadie<3
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Lolad
    Hi,Laura, Jadie expresses it really well when she says that learning about cancer is like learning a new language. And the waiting is the toughest part. I also suggest going back to the thread on Her2. You can use the search feature on the top right, or just scroll back pages. It is not very old. Maybe use the keyword "Her2 Positive."

Hormone positive is a good thing because there are drugs you can take after any needed chemo and/or rads to further decrease the risk of recurrence. So, doctors will tell you that is a good thing. As far as Her2 positive, that does mean the cancer is agressive; however, there is a powerful drug called Herceptin. So, you have available to you an arsenal of post-treatment medications that can help you.

I hope this helps some.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Lolad
    Hi,Laura, Jadie expresses it really well when she says that learning about cancer is like learning a new language. And the waiting is the toughest part. I also suggest going back to the thread on Her2. You can use the search feature on the top right, or just scroll back pages. It is not very old. Maybe use the keyword "Her2 Positive."

Hormone positive is a good thing because there are drugs you can take after any needed chemo and/or rads to further decrease the risk of recurrence. So, doctors will tell you that is a good thing. As far as Her2 positive, that does mean the cancer is agressive; however, there is a powerful drug called Herceptin. So, you have available to you an arsenal of post-treatment medications that can help you.

I hope this helps some.

Laura, everything the others
    Laura, everything the others wrote is what I would say. The ER and PR + means your cancer does feed off of estrogen, so, you will be asked to be on hormone therapy. And, the HER2 positive does mean that your cancer is aggressive. Your oncologist will set up your treatment plan for you. The waiting is hard, but, just hang in there and keep us updated.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Laura, I am also er and pr+
    Laura, I am also er and pr+ but her2 negative. I know that hormone positive cancers tend to resond well to chemo and tamoxifen which is good. I have heard that her2+ cancers do tend to be aggressive but herceptin is very effective for that type of cancer. Talk with your oncologist. Many things factor in such as tumor grade and stage. Good luck, you can do this.
    Take care, Eileen
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Laura, I am also er and pr+
    Laura, I am also er and pr+ but her2 negative. I know that hormone positive cancers tend to resond well to chemo and tamoxifen which is good. I have heard that her2+ cancers do tend to be aggressive but herceptin is very effective for that type of cancer. Talk with your oncologist. Many things factor in such as tumor grade and stage. Good luck, you can do this.
    Take care, Eileen

I am triple positive also.
    I am triple positive also. My doc said er and pr positive was good because taking Tamoxifen pills for 5 years will help. The her2 means taking herceptin, usually every 3 weeks for one year, by IV. I have a port for this.

Kim
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

I am triple positive also.
    I am triple positive also. My doc said er and pr positive was good because taking Tamoxifen pills for 5 years will help. The her2 means taking herceptin, usually every 3 weeks for one year, by IV. I have a port for this.

Kim

Me too
    In fact Kim and I started radiation on the same day ... and today we both have #11. Hooray for us!

hugs.
    teena
  • Paula1001
    Paula1001 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    3x positive
    I'm triple positive as well. I don't know about a "high" positive. My doc essentially said it's positive or it's not. Yes, HER2 is an aggressive form of cancer; however, Herceptin is considered a miracle drug for treating HER2.