Libby's update

Options
LPack
LPack Member Posts: 645
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Good Evening Ladies,

Had my appointment this afternoon with Dr. J. She was somewhat surprised that my CA125 was up. She did a pelvic exam and said there seems to be about a 4 cm mass on my colon (actually said something else but that is the general area). I had one April 17th and it was negative!

Long story short again. Pelvic and abdomen CT scan Monday, another CA 125 (just to make sure) and then back to see her ASAP.

She said IF recurrence than this time I will have that medication before chemo for my blood counts (forgot the name) and my chemo will not be carbo/taxol as I am borderline on the remission of over 6 months. She said she could say that carbo/taxol did not work. This next group I will have every two weeks and not as strong instead of every 4 weeks and hitting me hard.

As you may recall I never finished my first chemo b/c of blood counts and then with Hexalen I had to stop after 2 cycles.

She also said that it could very well be the gene mutation. She is not one to do surgery everytime there is a mass. She does not chase cancer by cutting her patients up she said. She said if the chemo shrinks the tumor in the pelvic area and also the mass on the thymus gland then she knows it will work. If it shrinks the tumor in the pelvic area and not the thymus than she said maybe what is on the thymus is not cancer.

Anyways, this is another circumstance that no matter what happens, I know God is in control. Am I discouraged? Well, let's just say I am disappointed. Who knows where this journey is taking us, but I know where mine will end. =)

Enough about me. I will be back another day to see how you all are doing.

In His Grip,
Libby ☺♥

Comments

• BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    In His Grip
    Dearest Libby,

Love "In His Grip" you definitely are and He again will bring you through this.

I am so sorry to hear of the new mass ~ sounds like you have a wonderful Doc who is on top of everything. My Dr treats with chemo too as most Drs do for ovarian cancer. Sometimes I wish they could just cut it out again but we really would be hacked up. Then all the issues with scar tissue and adhesions. Plus (in my thinking) our bodies then have to put so much energy into healing again from surgery that it can't fight the cancer and walla there it is again.

Saying an extra prayer for you and family as you deal with this news and then also for the faith and strength you find in the Lord. God Bless

Hugs ♥ Faith ♥ Prayers Bonnie

Psalm 25:5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    BonnieR said:

In His Grip
    Dearest Libby,

Love "In His Grip" you definitely are and He again will bring you through this.

I am so sorry to hear of the new mass ~ sounds like you have a wonderful Doc who is on top of everything. My Dr treats with chemo too as most Drs do for ovarian cancer. Sometimes I wish they could just cut it out again but we really would be hacked up. Then all the issues with scar tissue and adhesions. Plus (in my thinking) our bodies then have to put so much energy into healing again from surgery that it can't fight the cancer and walla there it is again.

Saying an extra prayer for you and family as you deal with this news and then also for the faith and strength you find in the Lord. God Bless

Hugs ♥ Faith ♥ Prayers Bonnie

Psalm 25:5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Bonnie
    Bonnie,

Thank you and your picture is beautiful. Don't know yet exactly what will be happening. If everything comes back a recurrence than we don't know about August. Jerry says first things first. =)

May be that we will be flying to Minn. instead of driving, but I am still planning on coming to the wedding.

Love you,
    Libby
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    In His Grip
    love your saying....but not glad to hear your news. We will be doubling up on the prayers down here in Texas just for you, Libby.

Deut. 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them (tumor cells), for the Lord your God goes with you; he will NEVER leave you nor forsake you."

(((Hugs and Prayers)))
    Saundra
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Options
    saundra said:

In His Grip
    love your saying....but not glad to hear your news. We will be doubling up on the prayers down here in Texas just for you, Libby.

Deut. 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them (tumor cells), for the Lord your God goes with you; he will NEVER leave you nor forsake you."

(((Hugs and Prayers)))
    Saundra

Hugs
    Hi Libby, so sorry to hear about your mass. I will be saying extra prayers for you. Also, I'm sending you a big Teal Hug.
    Love, Terry
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Praying for you Libby
    Dear Libby, your attitude is good and yet I know this is hard for you. Praying that you can keep your awareness of His loving arms gripping you. Stay strong and sending warm hugs, Kathleen:)
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    LPack said:

Bonnie
    Bonnie,

Thank you and your picture is beautiful. Don't know yet exactly what will be happening. If everything comes back a recurrence than we don't know about August. Jerry says first things first. =)

May be that we will be flying to Minn. instead of driving, but I am still planning on coming to the wedding.

Love you,
    Libby

Your news
    Libby - as I said to Terry and everyone else that is facing recurrence, after effects, pain, etc - it is breaking my hearing to hear that you have received this news after being so joyous that things were negative and your blood counts good.

You are definitely in my prayers and I send you big hugs. Listen to Jerry - he sounds like a good man.

Hang in there friend.

Kris
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    UPDATE
    Libby:

So sorry to hear you must deal with this again. But I can tell you are a lady of faith and courage. We will pray that your feelings will not overcome what you know to be the truth, that the Lord has you 'in the palm of His hand' and will 'make you to shine like the sun!' Hold on to His promises, and hold on to the fact that we're here for you and sending lots of HUGS and PRAYERS your way. Keep us informed when you are feeling up to it.

(((HUGS)))
    Monika