Angels in disquise

Options
rjjj
rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
just this morning i was sitting outside my motel waiting for my Rad drivers to pick me up. I had on my pink cap with my bc survivor pin on it. A lady smiled and said hello, walked away and then came back to me. She asked if I had BC and i said yes. She said she had survived lung cancer and 2 surgeries for 3 years. She had been dx'd in 1995. She would like to tell me something..so she sat and took my hands and began this story.

She said she had dyed. Her husband had found her, took her to the ER and they brought her back, she was on a respirator and in a coma for 2 weeks. She needed a lung transplant. She also had a very rare blood type and would not be a good candidate for a match.

As days and weeks went by she became sicker and began to give up, crying to God to just take her home. The night she did this..a man came to visit her a big african american minister she described as looking like Shak. He prayed with her and she said she felt an overpowering love and seems to her he was telling her it would all be alright. He asked her if he could sing for her and she said it was "mesmerizing" and so beautiful. When he left her room she felt a peace come over her..and her husband walked in he (her husband) had been crying and praying and not knowing what to do. She asked him if he had saw the man who just walked out. He said no. She said that he had just left. He opened the door and looked up and down the hall. No man..she said you couldn't have missed him he was so tall and looked just like Shak. He still said no.

Well, she believed this was her angel. The minute after, her phone rang..they had found a match. She went through the surgeries with flying colors and now 3 years late is doing wonderful and telling this story to all she knows with cancer. I told her maybe she was my angel...she said maybe.

The van driver was late and apologized to me but I told him if he had been on time i would never have got to her this amazing story. Whatcha think? I think angels come in all shapes and sizes when we least expect them..to comfort and cheer us.
Love,
jackie

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmm
    ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ I am not sure what I believe exactly, but I do know that sometimes we need to experience and/or hear of extraodinary occurances to help us through our scary days. If this has touched your heart, and it was indeed what YOU and perhaps the storyteller needed at the moment, then it was a gracious present. Thank you for sharing it with us; as most presents are certainly better when opened with friends.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Jackie.......
    I love this!! What a positive and uplifting story!

CR
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Angels are among us...
    we just don't always recognize them. This mysterious man, whether he was an angel, soothsayer, or a figment of an imagination is really insignificant, because he brought forth something very powerful-a miracle-that allowed her to live so she could bring peace to others battling cancer, including you. What greater gift can you give someone?
    dmc
  • rjjj
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Angels are among us...
    we just don't always recognize them. This mysterious man, whether he was an angel, soothsayer, or a figment of an imagination is really insignificant, because he brought forth something very powerful-a miracle-that allowed her to live so she could bring peace to others battling cancer, including you. What greater gift can you give someone?
    dmc

dmc
    That is exactly how i felt.
    hugs, jackie
  • Butterfly12
    Butterfly12 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Jackie
    All I can say to that is I TOTALLY AGREE AND AMEN !!!!!!! THEY ARE ALWAYS SENT WHEN WE NEED THEM.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Jackie
    All I can say to that is I TOTALLY AGREE AND AMEN !!!!!!! THEY ARE ALWAYS SENT WHEN WE NEED THEM.

I am sure that they come in
    I am sure that they come in many shapes and sizes... just when you need them.. even if you are unaware that what they are ... are angels.. it's that moment when you need something, maybe even unaware that you need it... maybe you don't even realize what they are... they touch you... and maybe one day many years down the road.... you think back to "that moment"... maybe then it dawns on you... sweetly... that you had a personal experience with an angel...
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Angels
    Jackie, as your friend I am just grateful that this lady sat down and told you her story. I feel that I have encountered several angels on this journey.

As the results of my tests,surgeries, and path report came trickling in, and got worse and worse each time, I felt that God must want me to die. But, along the path to and through treatment, a few extraordinary people stepped forward and made a difference. My primary care doctor first, the clinic worker who found me a great oncologist in St. Louis and got me to her fast, and most extraordinarily, my oncologist in St. Louis. She is truly an angel in disguise.

And yet more: the breast cancer survivor and advocate Joe reached out to online, who immediately responded so generously and has given us far more than we ever could have expected...and this board, and you and all of our friends and fellow survivors here. Whether or not there is belief in God, any God, the women here who have reached out to me and Joe and been there for us, time after time after time, have been angels and beacons of light and hope. Whatever happens, I know I am surounded by love, and that is what angels are all about.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Angels
    I most certainly do believe in them! What a beautiful, touching

story! Thank you Jackie for sharing this with us. Now I need kleenex.....

Love, Jeanne
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    What a beautiful story and
    What a beautiful story and timeless moment that will probably stay with you for a very long time. I'm glad your paths crossed and she was brave enough to approach you and tell her story and you were open enough to listen and take in the full meaning. This at a time when you needed hope and cheering. Good stuff!!

hugs
    jan
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Touching
    What a beautiful and touching story, how nice that you were both there at just the right moment. I totally believe in angels and miracles and have had a few interesting things happen to me as well. Isn't it amazing how these things just happen when we are least expecting them. Thank you for sharing your encounter with us.

RE
  • mrsziggy
    mrsziggy Member Posts: 20
    Options
    I totally agree. I believe
    I totally agree. I believe with all my heart that God sends angels to minister to us in times of need. They might come in unexpected shapes and sizes like you said, but if we look closely, we can recognize them. What a glorious story. Thanks for sharing!
    Tracy
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    That's commitment!!
    To continue to tell her story 3 years later!! I absolutely believe she encountered an angel. They are really among us. And I don't believe it was just "Coincidental" that your driver was late, she crossed your path,you wore your pin, and she was not afraid to take your hand! (that is very brave to do to a stranger in this day and age!). I am so glad that you had this experience! You will probably cherish this memory the way she cherished hers!! :) Pammy
  • rjjj
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Angels
    Jackie, as your friend I am just grateful that this lady sat down and told you her story. I feel that I have encountered several angels on this journey.

As the results of my tests,surgeries, and path report came trickling in, and got worse and worse each time, I felt that God must want me to die. But, along the path to and through treatment, a few extraordinary people stepped forward and made a difference. My primary care doctor first, the clinic worker who found me a great oncologist in St. Louis and got me to her fast, and most extraordinarily, my oncologist in St. Louis. She is truly an angel in disguise.

And yet more: the breast cancer survivor and advocate Joe reached out to online, who immediately responded so generously and has given us far more than we ever could have expected...and this board, and you and all of our friends and fellow survivors here. Whether or not there is belief in God, any God, the women here who have reached out to me and Joe and been there for us, time after time after time, have been angels and beacons of light and hope. Whatever happens, I know I am surounded by love, and that is what angels are all about.

Moopy
    You are an angel to me also, a friend sent from God to help each other through such hard times. I feel that all our sisters here are our miracle ..and i love you all.
    Jackie
  • rjjj
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

That's commitment!!
    To continue to tell her story 3 years later!! I absolutely believe she encountered an angel. They are really among us. And I don't believe it was just "Coincidental" that your driver was late, she crossed your path,you wore your pin, and she was not afraid to take your hand! (that is very brave to do to a stranger in this day and age!). I am so glad that you had this experience! You will probably cherish this memory the way she cherished hers!! :) Pammy

Thanks for your sweet comments
    I knew you would all "get it" since you are also my angels, in time of need and in time of joy and laughter also. God has been so good to give me all of you.
    Love you and have a happy 4th of July!
    Jackie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Thanks for your sweet comments
    I knew you would all "get it" since you are also my angels, in time of need and in time of joy and laughter also. God has been so good to give me all of you.
    Love you and have a happy 4th of July!
    Jackie

You two were suppose to
    You two were suppose to meet! What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    DianeBC said:

You two were suppose to
    You two were suppose to meet! What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it!

What a touching story
    What a touching story Jackie! Fate, it was fate. Thanks for posting it for us to read! And yes, Angels do exist! :)
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mrsziggy said:

I totally agree. I believe
    I totally agree. I believe with all my heart that God sends angels to minister to us in times of need. They might come in unexpected shapes and sizes like you said, but if we look closely, we can recognize them. What a glorious story. Thanks for sharing!
    Tracy

What a beautiful story! I
    What a beautiful story! I also believe that God sends angels to us when we need help. Just

love this story! Thank you for posting it!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    What a great story!
    What is really wonderful, I agree, is that your ride was late...and you were grateful!

I have had similar experiences...it's hard to get mad when something so grand happens...

Hugs, Kathi
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Jackie, I LOVE this! Thank
    Jackie, I LOVE this! Thank you so much for posting this! I do believe in angels, I do

believe in miracles! I do have faith! Hugs, Noel
  • maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Noel said:

Jackie, I LOVE this! Thank
    Jackie, I LOVE this! Thank you so much for posting this! I do believe in angels, I do

believe in miracles! I do have faith! Hugs, Noel

I've found so many "angels"
    I've found so many "angels" on this journey.

They will keep showing up!

Maryann