Last treatment tomorrow!! Whooo Hoooo!!!

gerrico1216
gerrico1216 Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Friends and Sisters,

I have my last chemo tomorrow!! Can't wait. Then I go to Rads next. I do have 1 question I still having drainage issues after going on for almost 5 months (Lumpectomy 2/5/2009). dr says that since tumor and lumpnodes were next to each other this is causing drainage more than normal. Tumor 2.5 and 1 lymphnode 2.4 the other were smaller. This drainage is very uncomfortable. I need so comfort on my arm.

Hugssss

Darlene

Comments

• tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Last Treatment
    Congratulations Darlene
    Last Chemo that is a good thing, a great thing actually!!!!! As far as the drainage, just what exactly do you mean? I had a lumpectomy right next to lymph nodes also, and the pocket from where they took the tumor kept filling up with blood, that the surgeon kept having to drain. I now have a large hematoma, which surgeon said my body will reabsorb. Is this similar to what is happening to you?
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    YEA!
    Congrats on tomorrow being your last chemo!!!!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Darlene... Congratulations
    Darlene... Congratulations are reaching that "final" treatment... I know that must make you very happy to finally be done!

Wishing you the best...

Hugs

~T
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Darlene, congratulations on
    Darlene, congratulations on your last chem. I can remember mine like it was yesterday. The huge sigh of relief!! I can't help you with your drainage problems but it seems to me like 5 mos is a long time. I hope you can get it resolved soon.

jan
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Darlene.....
    Congratulations on finishing chemo!! That is a very BIG DEAL!

I'm afraid that I can't help with your drainage issues, but I agree with Jan....5 months seems like a long time to have that problem.

Hugs,

CR
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Congratulations Darlene!
    Always good to finish treatments, especially chemo. All the rest will be nothing comparatively speaking. Drainage issues are unfamiliar to me. I had a drain for one day, and also had a large hemotoma that finally went away after a number of months. But if you still have actual leakage it should be looked at. Take care and let us know
    =^..^=
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    A true milestone!!!!
    Good luck tomorrow!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    KathiM said:

A true milestone!!!!
    Good luck tomorrow!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Congratulations on
    Congratulations on completion of chemo tomorrow. Time to let out a sigh of relief. Just make sure your oncologist is aware of how uncomfortable the drainage is, and there may be some type of treatment he hasn't thought of yet. I will be thinking of you as you complete your chemo, and will ahve you in my prayers. Hugs.

Judy
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Congratulations, Darlene
    You did it, Darlene. Your last chemo--that is a wonderful day. I remember mine just a couple of months ago. I wish I could help you with your drainage situation, but I can only urge you to get your doctor's attention on this. Surely this is something he/she can do to relieve the discomfort.

You should be very proud of yourself on this milestone tomorrow. I can't imagine anything more difficult physically and emotionally than completing chemo. Hope you celebrate!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Congratulations, Darlene
    You did it, Darlene. Your last chemo--that is a wonderful day. I remember mine just a couple of months ago. I wish I could help you with your drainage situation, but I can only urge you to get your doctor's attention on this. Surely this is something he/she can do to relieve the discomfort.

You should be very proud of yourself on this milestone tomorrow. I can't imagine anything more difficult physically and emotionally than completing chemo. Hope you celebrate!

Way to go Darlene!
    congratulations! Getting done with Chemo is a HUGE accomplishment, and i am proud of you!
    hugs, jackie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    rjjj said:

Way to go Darlene!
    congratulations! Getting done with Chemo is a HUGE accomplishment, and i am proud of you!
    hugs, jackie

Congratulations Darlene!
    Congratulations Darlene! That is a big accomplishment!