Vacation?

Options
2»

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Wow, how nice to read about
    Wow, how nice to read about people's experiences visiting Canada. I'm so happy you found the east coast so friendly and hospitable. And I'm sorry to hear of the bad experiences with the Torontonians. I live on the west coast and personally, my experience is, the further east you go the more ignorant people can be, EXCEPT FOR YOU TASHA!!!! But there has never been any love lost between Vancouver and Toronto.

I think I've used up my vacation first for the birth of my granddaughter and second for the birthday of my grandson. I'll probably just do stuff here around the house, camping and hiking.

Is anyone coming to Whistler for the 2010 Olympics??

jan
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    We love visiting Canada and

We love visiting Canada and have really had only the one bad experience. Most of the people in Ontario and Quebec have been very hospitable and wonderful hosts.

CR, I would encourage you to go with your brother some time. The wilderness is beautiful. We've visited Niagara on the Lake a few times, and even going there makes me feel like I'm in a Eurpoean country. We've used our passports to go in and out of Canada long before it was 'the law', and it was always so easy. They would just scan the passport and ask a couple questions and you were on your way. That was, after you get through the line to get to the boarder....

Jan, we started planning a trip to British Columbia last year, and then decided that since we had to go on vacation in May (too many summer commitments), we would go to Texas instead. I hope to get there sometime soon, but it won't be for the Olympics: that's during my busy season at work.

Joyce
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    jk1952 said:

We love visiting Canada and

We love visiting Canada and have really had only the one bad experience. Most of the people in Ontario and Quebec have been very hospitable and wonderful hosts.

CR, I would encourage you to go with your brother some time. The wilderness is beautiful. We've visited Niagara on the Lake a few times, and even going there makes me feel like I'm in a Eurpoean country. We've used our passports to go in and out of Canada long before it was 'the law', and it was always so easy. They would just scan the passport and ask a couple questions and you were on your way. That was, after you get through the line to get to the boarder....

Jan, we started planning a trip to British Columbia last year, and then decided that since we had to go on vacation in May (too many summer commitments), we would go to Texas instead. I hope to get there sometime soon, but it won't be for the Olympics: that's during my busy season at work.

Joyce

I would love to do a tour of
    I would love to do a tour of the U.S. So far I've only traveled from Detroit to Florida, (through Ohio, Tennessee and Georgia when I was 18), drove across the northern states to get to B.C. from Ontario (came up in Idaho)Fell in love with the badlands. My hubby and I took a weekend and drove to Crescent City to see the Redwoods. Amazing!!! Washington State many times (when I worked for Super Save and picked up bulk propane at Arco) and once to visit a friend in Malibu many many years ago. I really want
    to visit so many more including Alaska which I think is soooooooo beautiful and so close :) But for Canada.....well IMHO, B.C. is the most picturesque province. If/when you come, let me know and perhaps we could meet up.

jan
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Jan, there are so many
    Jan, there are so many wonderful places to see in both Canada and the states. Sounds like you had a neat trip through the northern states. I've only seen badlands once and they weren't 'The Badlands'. But they were very impressive, none the less: it sort of felt like you were on the moon. I'd love to meet you when we make it to BC.

Joyce
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    jk1952 said:

Jan, there are so many
    Jan, there are so many wonderful places to see in both Canada and the states. Sounds like you had a neat trip through the northern states. I've only seen badlands once and they weren't 'The Badlands'. But they were very impressive, none the less: it sort of felt like you were on the moon. I'd love to meet you when we make it to BC.

Joyce

Our vacation
    Jake and I will be on vacation the third week in July and going to do a bunch of day trips-water park, animal parks, beach. August 5-8th Jake and I are going to a "You and me" camp. I told him that we would do something special after I finished chemo and I will finish it 7/23 day before he turns 6.

We need this vacation.

Kristin,
    Thanks for asking.

Margo
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Vacation, and Anne of Green Gables
    Kristin, what a great question. Of course, this St. Louis trip is our vacation. We've been to the major sites before, but I am looking forward to visiting some of them again. Not going up in the Arch ,though: it's a small capsule. I paid for my ticket once but jumped out just as they were getting ready to send us up. Claustrophobia kicked in.

Mimi, I am also a huge Anne of Green Gables fan. Read every single book, up through Anne's children. I would love to visit Prince Edward's Island and Nova Scotia.

Enjoyed reading everyone's plans. Wishing you all a healthy and happy summer 2009.
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Vacation, and Anne of Green Gables
    Kristin, what a great question. Of course, this St. Louis trip is our vacation. We've been to the major sites before, but I am looking forward to visiting some of them again. Not going up in the Arch ,though: it's a small capsule. I paid for my ticket once but jumped out just as they were getting ready to send us up. Claustrophobia kicked in.

Mimi, I am also a huge Anne of Green Gables fan. Read every single book, up through Anne's children. I would love to visit Prince Edward's Island and Nova Scotia.

Enjoyed reading everyone's plans. Wishing you all a healthy and happy summer 2009.

Camping and such~
    Camping is okay~~the "such" is better stuff! Being that my daughter works for a major airline during her summers off from college, and parents get to fly free!! So, will fly to see my sis in phoenix and hubby and I are thinking some "day" trips like to san fran to have lunch at the wharf, a harbor tour and fly home the same day. Maybe san diego, anyplace close on the west coast that we can fly down and back the same day. How fun is that.
    I love anne of green gables too, and would love to visit those areas. I am half canadian...
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Camping and such~
    Camping is okay~~the "such" is better stuff! Being that my daughter works for a major airline during her summers off from college, and parents get to fly free!! So, will fly to see my sis in phoenix and hubby and I are thinking some "day" trips like to san fran to have lunch at the wharf, a harbor tour and fly home the same day. Maybe san diego, anyplace close on the west coast that we can fly down and back the same day. How fun is that.
    I love anne of green gables too, and would love to visit those areas. I am half canadian...

Think we are going to have a
    Think we are going to have a stayvacation! lol Have lots of things to do here and may take a few side trips!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    It sounds like all of you
    It sounds like all of you are going to have a wonderful vacation, whether you are staying home or traveling far. I think everyone deserves a vacation. Life can be so hectic and then you put bc on top of that, and, it screams CALGON TAKE ME AWAY! My Mother used to say that a lot. hehe
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

This is our vacation
    I'm an Anne fan too, Mimi. Anne of Green Gables wasn't exactly my kind of reading during grade school (more World War II, baseball, and historical stuff - yeah, I'm weird) but my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Shrake, read it aloud to us every day. And I was hooked. And I went ahead and and read the whole series on my own.

This is Moopy's vacation and mine. We know we're up here for rads, and that there are bound to be curveballs. But it's been very nice so far. Right now the Moopinator is snoozing on the bed with all three puppies. Someone is snoring softly - since the boys don't snore, it must be Eefy or Moopy. meanwhile I'm drinking coffee and farting around on my laptop.

Life is good. Thank you, God.

Oh my goodness. lol I read
    Oh my goodness. lol I read what you wrote Aortus, and, I thought you wrote I'm drinking coffee and farting around. lol So sorry lol