Favorite vacation spot

Options
fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
What is your favorite vacation spot? We don't travel much so my choices are limited but hands down it is Yosemite. I love the majesty of it. We haven't been in awhile but we used to go every season. We went one winter and the valley floor was covered in snow as where all the mountains. It was one of the heaviest winters and then that spring the river was just raging. We stayed in a place with the river right below our balcony and it was amazing to sit out there and watch and listen to this powerful water. The waterfalls were also at their most force that year. Bridal Veil and Yosemite Falls were fantastic. I could go there every weekend and still not get tired of it. We had a coyote walk up to my husband and just walk on by. We've never had a bear encounter I am happy to say but then we aren't in the campgrounds and I think you see them more there. My husband loves to do photography and this is one of his favorites places to photograph.

Comments

• CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My husband never...
    My husband never takes a vacation and is on call 24/7. (probably why he is in the hospital!)
    But if he ever does, I would love to back to the Adirondacks! We were there years and years ago.
    It's so beautiful there and I just love the smell of all the pines.

CR
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    CR1954 said:

My husband never...
    My husband never takes a vacation and is on call 24/7. (probably why he is in the hospital!)
    But if he ever does, I would love to back to the Adirondacks! We were there years and years ago.
    It's so beautiful there and I just love the smell of all the pines.

CR

Mine is the Island of Maui
    Mine is the Island of Maui in Hawaii.....specifically at the Sheraton Maui, last room on the third floor, closest to the cliff dive in the afternoon. Wonderful vacation spot, and a great place to hang out and forget the world. Hugs

Judy
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    I have been lucky enough to
    I have been lucky enough to have some wonderful vacations... I've been to Ireland.. nothing like St. Patricks day in Dublin Ireland.. it was incredibly beautiful.. Hawaii was wonderful.. beautiful...

But personally I love the mountains.. the clean air.. the beauty.. the peacefulness... I am looking forward to going home.. July 16th to Washington State.. that is where I lived until I was 28 years old.. I've lived here in MO for the last 14 years... and miss the mountains terribly...

So.. crossing my fingers that my new oncologist will allow me to postpone my beginning treatment... whatever it turns out to be until after we come home on the 25th.. .

Please cross your fingers for me... I really NEED a vacation!

~Cheers~

~T
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

I have been lucky enough to have some wonderful vacations... I've been to Ireland.. nothing like St. Patricks day in Dublin Ireland.. it was incredibly beautiful.. Hawaii was wonderful.. beautiful...

But personally I love the mountains.. the clean air.. the beauty.. the peacefulness... I am looking forward to going home.. July 16th to Washington State.. that is where I lived until I was 28 years old.. I've lived here in MO for the last 14 years... and miss the mountains terribly...

So.. crossing my fingers that my new oncologist will allow me to postpone my beginning treatment... whatever it turns out to be until after we come home on the 25th.. .

~Cheers~

~T

T...........
    T, I really, really hope that you get to go back home to the mountains for a wonderful vacation!!

Keeping fingers crossed!

CR
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    CR1954 said:

T...........
    T, I really, really hope that you get to go back home to the mountains for a wonderful vacation!!

Keeping fingers crossed!

CR

Mine is Green Lake WI, or
    Mine is Green Lake WI, or for a faster pace, Las Vegas.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    CR1954 said:

T...........

Keeping fingers crossed!

CR

Skegness!
    It is so full of cheap chavvy shops, Fish and Chip joints,,,,,,,,,,,,It's wonderful!
    I could live there!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Arizona in the winter
    and the oceon..in california.
    jackie
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

~Cheers~

~T

I'm with creampuff
    My favorite place to vacation is Maui. I like the Fairmont Kealani (sp.) in Wailea. The rooms are really comfortable and there is a microwave and a little fridge in each room so you don't have to spend $$ on every meal. The beach is nice and there is terrific snorkeling just a few yards from the hotel beach. The surfing is terrible there though. surf
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options
    I have not taken many
    I have not taken many vacations. A great place we go is Jellystone Campground, it is all about the kids there.

Kim
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

~Cheers~

~T

Fingers crossed for you to
    Fingers crossed for you to get to Washington. Such a pretty state. Ireland is my idea of a dream vacation. My mom travelled to so many places. Ireland, England, Scotland, Norway, France, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Japan, Vietnam, China, Mexico, Canada, Gallapogos Islands, Peru, Chile, Brazil, all over the Carribbean, all over the Hawaiian Islands, Africa. The only place she didn't get to that she wanted to see was Australian and New Zealand. She also went all over the U.S. I am thinking that she went to at least 20 states. My step father worked for the airlines and they took advantage of the inexpensive travel. When he died, my sister (who was single and lived at home) started going with her. My mom must have travelled for more than 30 years with one big trip every year and smaller ones thrown into the mix. Not sure what was her favorite but I know she liked the rain forest and Gallapogos very much. She was in her seventies when she went there and she loved it. She had an adventurers spirit.
    Then there is me I have been to Victoria Canada, Washington state, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, and Niagra Falls. That's it. Home girl.
    Stef
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options

I have not taken many
    I have not taken many vacations. A great place we go is Jellystone Campground, it is all about the kids there.

Kim

Luv Cancun. Vamanos chicas!

Luv Cancun. Vamanos chicas!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    taleena said:

~Cheers~

~T

T, Postpone treatment!!
    Are you kidding missy? This is the second time you have cheated!! The only thing that will save me now is if my Braca gene test comes out positive and I need my ovaries out. Maybe they'll want to do that first and then they'll postpone my treatment!! Ha, so there!! How long can they wait anyway? Gulp!! Neither of us wants to go first you know? That makes us chickens!! OK, I'm clucking away!!! :) Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

T, Postpone treatment!!
    Are you kidding missy? This is the second time you have cheated!! The only thing that will save me now is if my Braca gene test comes out positive and I need my ovaries out. Maybe they'll want to do that first and then they'll postpone my treatment!! Ha, so there!! How long can they wait anyway? Gulp!! Neither of us wants to go first you know? That makes us chickens!! OK, I'm clucking away!!! :) Pammy

Favorite spot so far....
    We tend to vacation same few places, but it gets boring. Trying to get my hubby to broaden his horizons a little. Anyway, my favorite spot was Longboat Key, Florida. Love the private beaches (no one near us for miles!) and the water on the gulf was gorgeous! Lots of neat shops, but somewhat pricey. More laid back instead of touristy. :) Pammy
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    taleena said:

~Cheers~

~T

Here's hopin' for ya'
    Sounds great! I hope you are to go home.

I love the mountains, too. I have not traveled to any exotic places, but I have camped in many of the states. I have to say that the Ozarks, my native land, or the Blue Ridge, where I wish I could go back to now, are the two most beautiful places I have ever seen in my stateside travels. My folks live in the Smokey's, but I don't think they compare to the beauty of the Ozarks or Blue Ridge. My heart belongs to the Ozarks, but I love the might of the great Atlantic, too. I will have to say that the southeastern coast is where I would not only wish to vacation again, but to return to live.
    dmc
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Saint Petersburg, Russia
    Don't ask me why unless you have more time than you know what to do with or you have trouble sleeping.

But why Green Lake, Kat? When I was a kid we once spent a week at Lake Puckaway, which is the next lake west, and it was nice enough. But it doesn't hold a candle to St. Petersburg.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

T, Postpone treatment!!

Baaawwwwk... Baaawwwwkk...
    Okay.. balking here... you know I will do just about anything to get in the back of the line.. never been one to take cuts...lol... The first Onco I saw said we could start chemo in a week or so and that when I went on vacation my hair should start falling out about the time we got on the plane... So... being the optimistic person that I am... I looked at my husband and said... "Well, maybe they well take pitty on me, and bump us up to first class..".. they didn't think it was very funny.. but I did.. Bugger! Good thing I'm going for that second opinion and made him get the OncotypeDX... (you know.. he only requested it because as he put it.. "Your indesisive on which treatment to take".. geeezzzz. there's good bedside manner!

~T
  • TrishyG
    TrishyG Member Posts: 40
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Here's hopin' for ya'
    Sounds great! I hope you are to go home.

I love the mountains, too. I have not traveled to any exotic places, but I have camped in many of the states. I have to say that the Ozarks, my native land, or the Blue Ridge, where I wish I could go back to now, are the two most beautiful places I have ever seen in my stateside travels. My folks live in the Smokey's, but I don't think they compare to the beauty of the Ozarks or Blue Ridge. My heart belongs to the Ozarks, but I love the might of the great Atlantic, too. I will have to say that the southeastern coast is where I would not only wish to vacation again, but to return to live.
    dmc

I loved Martha's Vineyard.
    I loved Martha's Vineyard. It was one of the most relaxing vacations I ever had. Paris is beautiful in the spring. I am dying to go back. I feel like selling everything I own and hoping on a plane and just roaming around Europe. The Appalachin trail states are also very beautiful.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Saint Petersburg, Russia
    Don't ask me why unless you have more time than you know what to do with or you have trouble sleeping.

But why Green Lake, Kat? When I was a kid we once spent a week at Lake Puckaway, which is the next lake west, and it was nice enough. But it doesn't hold a candle to St. Petersburg.

Aortus
    I'm sure it doesn't hold a candle to St Petersburg. I have not traveled much other than a few states. We love Green Lake. We have spent every summer there for the past 25 years or so. Husband loves to fish, great fishing lake. My kids always loved it there and now there bring there kids. For me its relaxing, I love the water. However I would have no problem going to St Petersburg !