Mastectomy + Implants at the same time?

bfbear
bfbear Member Posts: 380
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Is there anyone out there who has had a skin-sparing double mastectomy, with implants placed at the same time (i.e. no expanders first)???

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    hmmm....
    now that would be the way to do it! :) Pammy
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    not me
    but a woman i work with did. She said she left the hospital with boobs!
    Jackie
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    rjjj said:

not me
    but a woman i work with did. She said she left the hospital with boobs!
    Jackie

I did not have it but I
    I did not have it but I believe Christina Applegate did it that way. I think you have to go small if you do and also not need radiation. My Plastic surgeon consdered it for me, I need rads though. I heard the rads can ruin the implant.

Kim
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380

I did not have it but I
    I did not have it but I believe Christina Applegate did it that way. I think you have to go small if you do and also not need radiation. My Plastic surgeon consdered it for me, I need rads though. I heard the rads can ruin the implant.

Kim

It's the procedure I had...
    and I've got questions about healing times and muscle problems. That's why I'm looking for other women who have had this procedure.

Thanks,
    Debi
    :-)
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    bfbear said:

It's the procedure I had...
    and I've got questions about healing times and muscle problems. That's why I'm looking for other women who have had this procedure.

Thanks,
    Debi
    :-)

Love your pic!
    Hey Debi! I was wondering how you were with your surgery. I had never

heard of the surgery you had. Hope someone here can answer your questions.
  • jikaras
    jikaras Member Posts: 58
    Mast & Implants
    I WISH I could have avoided the expanders, but I wasn't given that option. I was told that you HAVE to have the expanders so the muscles and skin can stretch.

Jill
  • mrsziggy
    mrsziggy Member Posts: 20
    I did not have implants, but
    I did not have implants, but I did have a skin sparing mastectomy with a tram flap reconstruction at the same time. I was cut from hip to hip and they took the tissue and blood vessels from my stomach to reconstruct my breasts. It was a 10 hr surgery (that was really hard on my husband) but I was glad to do it all at one time. Friday will be 8 wks since surgery and all is well!
  • steff5163
    steff5163 Member Posts: 56
    Not sure If my first part
    Not sure If my first part went through (not good on computer) I had implants done at the same time of my double masectomy. no expanders. It has been 4- 5 weeks and if I say so myself they look pretty good. They are saline implants that can be made slightly larger after treatments. The surgeon left 2 small valves on each side under skin to inject saline. I am about a 34 b which is what I was before surgery. I can also change to silicone after treatment (Dont know if I would) . and the nipple will be constructed after all treatment as well. I am having chemo and rad. as well Both my recontructive surgeon and rad dr. gave me a samll percent of damaging implant on that side so I took it. Any other questions please right back
    Steff5163