health insurance

snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Some of you might remember the discussion we had some time back about the amount of health insurance I had. Well, I told you guys about a choice I had to decide on 1 or 2 million dollars worth of lifetime coverage. I chose the 1 million dollar option and promptly maxxed it out within 7 months of diagnosis. My wife's company has decided to cut out her health insurance, so we went to my old health insurance company, they were great while they lasted. They don't even offer the 1 million dollar option anymore. It's 2 million or 8 million in coverage. I wish they would have offered the 8 million dollar option to me. I would have paid the extra premium just to say I had 8 million in coverage. So I guess we're going to go with that option for my wife and son. I wonder what the limits are going to be 18 months from now. 18 months ago it was 1 or 2 million, it's 2 or 8 million now, I guess next it'll be 8 or 32 million. i think health insurance companies might start hiring hitmen to cut costs.

Comments

• kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    lol!
    One of the quickest

lol!

One of the quickest ways to max out insurance is by getting cancer. With any other illness you would've been fine. I hear chemo is astronomically expensive.

Were you able to up your insurance? Cuz now you're considered a pre-existing (and altogether uninsurable).

Much luck with it!
    Hugs,
    Krista
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601

lol!
    One of the quickest

lol!

One of the quickest ways to max out insurance is by getting cancer. With any other illness you would've been fine. I hear chemo is astronomically expensive.

Were you able to up your insurance? Cuz now you're considered a pre-existing (and altogether uninsurable).

Much luck with it!
    Hugs,
    Krista

musical insurance chairs
    No way would they let me up my lifetime max. My wife had some insurance but it was crap. I maxxed out mine, then maxxed out hers, I'm now on medicaid. The medicaid is pretty good, I'de say about 85% of what I had privately. I got to keep all my doctors. here's the deal about insurance though. There were a couple of months where I was uninsured and or maxxed out. I just kept giving them my insurance card and they kept treating me. It took them 3-4 months to catch on to me, oh well, bill me. I guess an insurance card is as good as insurance as far as treatment goes.