Pain With Mastectomy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Bev1969
    Bev1969 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    I had a mastectomy of right
    I had a mastectomy of right breast on May 15. It was really surprising that the pain was really not that bad. I went home the next day with a pain pump which lasted another day. Then I had pain pills which I ended up taking more of a precaution because I wanted to make sure I didn't have pain. I'd say I was more sore than in pain. I just moved slowly and I was okay. The worst thing is getting in and out of bed but my husband helped me. It took me five days before I got out of bed by myself. I could use my right hand but it was really weak in the beginning. It kept getting stronger daily. My plastic surgeon gave me exercises to do after two weeks but my surgeon decided I should see a physical therapist. My first time at the therapist I had a range of motion of 120 degrees. After five treatments my range of motion was up to 162 degrees. I would recommend seeing a therapist espcially if you have lymph nodes removed. She also works on releasing the scar tissue under my arm and around my incision. Good luck!