need to hear from survivors

Options
prv
prv Member Posts: 107
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i would like to here from someone who has survived invasive lobular carcinoma with two positive lymph nodes.

Comments

• jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    In 2000, I was diagnosed

In 2000, I was diagnosed with invasive lobular carcinoma, along with in situ ductal and lobular carcinoma. My nodes were all negative, but I'm hoping that my experience might encourage you. Since lobular carcinoma is relatively uncommon, there is a lot of mis-information about it, and most of it is written by Debbie Downer.

I asked my radiation oncologist about the prognosis for invasive lobular carcinoma, and she said that it is very treatable, and in fact, she was continuing to see patients she had treated 30 and 35 years before.

Unfortunately, I did have a recurrence of in situ (stage 0) cancer this year, but it was not lobular carcinoma, so that had been treated effectively. I pray that your treatment will also be effective and you'll have peace during this time.

Joyce
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Hi Prv
    Hi prv and welcome. I wish I could answer your question, but, I didn't have invasive lobular carcinoma and my nodes were clean. But, I am sure someone on here will reply and help you. Good luck!
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    jnl said:

Hi Prv
    Hi prv and welcome. I wish I could answer your question, but, I didn't have invasive lobular carcinoma and my nodes were clean. But, I am sure someone on here will reply and help you. Good luck!

Prv
    I think I had 16 nodes involved, anyway he removed all of them.
    I am just a year out of treatment now and doing just great, working full time and loving it. Gardening like mad and feeling great... Hope this helps Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    I don't have what you have,
    I don't have what you have, and, my nodes were clear, but, I want to say welcome to the site and that I wish you the best in your treatment!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

I don't have what you have,
    I don't have what you have, and, my nodes were clear, but, I want to say welcome to the site and that I wish you the best in your treatment!

I have invasive ductal
    I have invasive ductal carcinoma with 2 nodes positive.