Farah

Options
grandma2selena
grandma2selena Member Posts: 199
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just received an email from our local news stating that Farah has lost her fight.

Debbie

Comments

• trainer
    trainer Member Posts: 241
    Options
    Farah's death
    I received an alert from CNN News with the same information:

Actress Farrah Fawcett, star of TV's "Charlie's Angels," has died after a battle with cancer, her representative says.
  • JR
    JR Member Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Peace
    Peace be with her.

John
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    yes- it's confirmed
    Yes, after reading your post I just checked the online news & she did pass away this morning "after a 3 year fight against cancer", is what it stated.
    So sad... It was interesting to read that she had "a tumor removed from her gastrointestinal tract at age one month old, which she was born with." Probably not, but it makes me wonder if that had any kind of play in her eventual diagnosis of cancer, even though it was so many years later.
    As someone stated awhile back in a discussion about Farah, if there's any good that can come of it, it will get more international attention and focus on colorectal/anal cancer.

Lisa
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    So Very Sad
    She was very brave as we all are to be going through this. It's sad that she finally agreed to marry Ryan and they never got the chance. They have been going together for years. May she rest now peacefully and her family have peace.

Kim
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    We've Lost Her
    I just sat down for lunch and went to MSN and saw the shocking news! So sad for her. I've watched her story from afar as we all have, praying for a good outcome. She was like we are, she fought hard and asked alot of questions, so I admired her spirit and tenacity.

I'm saddened by all of it....I had read where Ryan O'Neal was going to marry her before she passed, but time ran out I guess and she was too weak.

I followed her case with great interest and was hoping she would beat it.

May she now have the peace and comfort and no more suffering. The Gates of Heaven just swung wide open...may you rest in peace, Farrah.

-Craig
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

We've Lost Her
    I just sat down for lunch and went to MSN and saw the shocking news! So sad for her. I've watched her story from afar as we all have, praying for a good outcome. She was like we are, she fought hard and asked alot of questions, so I admired her spirit and tenacity.

I'm saddened by all of it....I had read where Ryan O'Neal was going to marry her before she passed, but time ran out I guess and she was too weak.

I followed her case with great interest and was hoping she would beat it.

May she now have the peace and comfort and no more suffering. The Gates of Heaven just swung wide open...may you rest in peace, Farrah.

-Craig

another angel goes to heaven
    may she rest in peace and her family find comfort.
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    She was definitely a real
    She was definitely a real inspiration and a true fighter. My deepest sympathy to her family, and may they find strength and comfort during this difficult time.
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Farrah
    This so majorly sucks. I thought if anyone could beat it, she could. My heart goes out to her loved ones.

Have a peaceful journey, Farrah.
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Farrah
    This so majorly sucks. I thought if anyone could beat it, she could. My heart goes out to her loved ones.

Have a peaceful journey, Farrah.

Farrah
    i grew up with her shows and it has really hit home how this cancer can strike,i pray to God everyday to make all this go away and make me better.this has really hit me hard it seems it was so sudden.peace for her family and Godbless.....johnnybegood
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

Farrah
    i grew up with her shows and it has really hit home how this cancer can strike,i pray to God everyday to make all this go away and make me better.this has really hit me hard it seems it was so sudden.peace for her family and Godbless.....johnnybegood

So Sad....
    ...I was praying for a miracle for her, and that she get stronger, but she as to be a real angel this time, she's out of pain and sickness now, so sad though, I know how hard she tried, I don't know if she really got the best treatments that she could of gotten, I kind of question all that.

But, she will rest in peace now, I hope her family and friends will find comfort and healing.

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • grandma2selena
    Options
    Shayenne said:

So Sad....
    ...I was praying for a miracle for her, and that she get stronger, but she as to be a real angel this time, she's out of pain and sickness now, so sad though, I know how hard she tried, I don't know if she really got the best treatments that she could of gotten, I kind of question all that.

But, she will rest in peace now, I hope her family and friends will find comfort and healing.

Hugssss!
    ~Donna

question
    Donnna, that was what has been going through my mind as well, did she really get the best treatments? I know her documentary that she did left a pit in my stomach mostly over the treatment area.

She's not in pain anymore and is in a better place, but she will be missed. I suppose there will always be unanswered questions.

Debbie
  • effiehope
    effiehope Member Posts: 4
    Options

question
    Donnna, that was what has been going through my mind as well, did she really get the best treatments? I know her documentary that she did left a pit in my stomach mostly over the treatment area.

She's not in pain anymore and is in a better place, but she will be missed. I suppose there will always be unanswered questions.

Debbie

farrah
    She was an inspiration to me. We were diagnosed with the same type cancer and in the same year. She had so much inner strength. We will all miss her. May God grant her family peace.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    So Sad
    I hope people don't take this the wrong way but after watching her movie several weeks ago I was surprised at how she worded some of her treatment decisions. Luckily I recorded it and have watched it twice since. The movie brings up a few instances of her being vane about her treatment options that I now think is intentional (in a "don't do what I did" kind of way). Her original diagnosis wasn't that bad but she would not consider a colostomy bag or J pouch so the surgeons "hands were tied" as to how good of margins they could get. Then she didn't want a scar from a port nor did she want to lose her hair so her chemo choices were limited.

6 months later when it came back, the docs at UCLA said the only surgery they could do would leave her with a colostomy bag. That is when she decided to go to Germany for treatment since they said they could do surgery without leaving her with a bag. She did have a pretty successful treatment then but again it came back. We all know the rest.

After watching the movie again a little while ago I truly feel she wants the world to know that she made some wrong decisions. That being said, she also knew she couldn't change things and wanted to share her story.

What guts to talk about anal cancer like she did and admit her mistakes (we all make them). I respect her more now then ever!

Lisa P.
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Shayenne said:

So Sad....

Hugssss!
    ~Donna

Sad
    Yes it is sad. She fought hard. One thing we have to remember before we make judgments about her care...she CHOSE her treatment options, just as we choose ours. And that was her right.

I admired her greatly. Vicki
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sad
    I always thought she was so pretty and sunny. It makes me sad.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • grandma2selena
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Sad
    Yes it is sad. She fought hard. One thing we have to remember before we make judgments about her care...she CHOSE her treatment options, just as we choose ours. And that was her right.

I admired her greatly. Vicki

Her choice
    I didn't mean to sound judgemental with my post about her treatment. I think for me it was so hard to watch everything she endured, maybe scary since I was diagnosed with the same cancer. I thought after I posted that the same thing, she did make the choice just like we did. I do not feel you attacked anyone here so don't think I am appologizing, I think sometimes the unknown is scary and brings many questions.

She was admired by many and I especially admired her strength to tell her story.

Debbie
  • grandma2selena
    Options
    scouty said:

So Sad
    I hope people don't take this the wrong way but after watching her movie several weeks ago I was surprised at how she worded some of her treatment decisions. Luckily I recorded it and have watched it twice since. The movie brings up a few instances of her being vane about her treatment options that I now think is intentional (in a "don't do what I did" kind of way). Her original diagnosis wasn't that bad but she would not consider a colostomy bag or J pouch so the surgeons "hands were tied" as to how good of margins they could get. Then she didn't want a scar from a port nor did she want to lose her hair so her chemo choices were limited.

6 months later when it came back, the docs at UCLA said the only surgery they could do would leave her with a colostomy bag. That is when she decided to go to Germany for treatment since they said they could do surgery without leaving her with a bag. She did have a pretty successful treatment then but again it came back. We all know the rest.

After watching the movie again a little while ago I truly feel she wants the world to know that she made some wrong decisions. That being said, she also knew she couldn't change things and wanted to share her story.

What guts to talk about anal cancer like she did and admit her mistakes (we all make them). I respect her more now then ever!

Lisa P.

Her Choice
    Well put, I never thought about it the way you put it. I sit here after reading what you wrote and look back on her special and now can see what she was saying. You know we all make choices, and truly they are either right or wrong, and sometimes what seems right to everyone else doesn't work for "US". other times what seems wrong to others does the job just perfect. We have to remember medical science is just that a science, as much as we like to think things are becoming perfected in the medical world, we must remember it is still a science and with that said science is never finished with it's works nor perfect in it's reality.

Debbie
  • kitten0385
    kitten0385 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Sad
    I always thought she was so pretty and sunny. It makes me sad.

*hugs*
    Gail

I agree with all of you, what a sad day. She sure did put up a good fight. There was a special on NBC about her tonight, I missed it but hope I can catch a rerun or catch it on the internet. What a hard couple days for the entertainment world, Ed McMahn (sp?), Farrah, and Michael Jackson, wow.

Cathy (From the esophageal board) :0)
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Peace for her
    Yes, it is very sad. I'm sorry she lost her fight. I'm happy she's out of pain.

Kirsten
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Member Posts: 118
    Options
    scouty said:

So Sad

Lisa P.

Farrah
    Lisa well said. I watched her story more than once also, and I know that we all make our own choices on our treatments, but I don't think she made the right choices. We can't say that if she had made different choices would she still be alive? It seems that she was too vain in the choices she made.

I have a scar that's noticable from my port but that doesn't stop me from wearing things that let it show. To me it's a badge of courage that I'm proud to wear along with my cc tattoo

I hope her family and friends find peace and comfort. Farrah is an angel once more.