PARP inhibitors and ovarian cancer

lindaprocopio
lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Someone just posted this on the Uterine Cancer Board, and it is such hopeful news for ovarian cancer that I had to pop over and make sure you all saw it too:

Here's a link to the article discussing PARP inhibitors and the recent study results reported by Robert Bazell, NBC's Chief Science and Health Correspondent:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31512315/ns/health-womens_health/

Comments

• ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Article
    Thanks linda, that was a very intersting and also encouraging article. It gives a lot of hope.
    I love your picture!!!
    Hugs and Prayers, Terry
  • carol2dogs
    carol2dogs Member Posts: 132
    Thanks
    Linda,
    Thanks for that link. I saw the piece on tv last night, and it certainly does sound encouraging. I thought it was encouraging just to hear the words "ovarian cancer" in a national news report on cancer. Maybe they do know there are female cancers besides breast cancer! I especially liked the part about the PARP inhibitors probably being useful in OVCA even for people without the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes. I hope Mr. Bazell was right in speculating that this research might be fast-tracked because of its potential. Hopefully what is good for treating ovarian cancer just might also be good for treating uterine cancer.
    Love and hugs, Carol
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Thanks Linda
    Thanks Linda, I keep hearing about this and saw a report today on the news, so the website is timely and helpful. I think you have to know if you are BRCA1 or 2 (I haven't been tested and with no ovca or breast cancer in the family, would need to pay $3000 or so to get tested) to get the PARP inhibitors, but certainly worth looking into in detail.
    Hugs,
    kathleen:)
  • PARP

Thanks Linda.  Do you have any news or updates regarding the PARP drugs?  I am trying to get BioMarin to allow me to take the drug.

• PARP

Thanks Linda.  Do you have any news or updates regarding the PARP drugs?  I am trying to get BioMarin to allow me to take the drug.

• tealme
    tealme Member Posts: 4

PARP

Linda P

I'm sure Linda would love to be able to respond, but unfortunately, she passed away a couple of years ago. Frown Be careful when dredging up years-old threads. It's best to just start a fresh one.