Home From Surgery

Options
2»

Comments

• CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

Thank you everyone. Doing
    Thank you everyone. Doing okay at daughters. Pain pump emptied. That thing is awesome. Now on Percocet. Trust me, I'm taking them at the correct hours. No hero here. I'm a coward and don't tolerate pain very well.I was told before surgery that mri and pathologist report, you know that one that you get when they do the core biopsy, the path report said no evidence of lymph node invasion, but she took out the underarms ones anyway. She didn't say anything if they were tested at the time and quite frankly I didn't care. They were gone!

Thanks to everyone for being so caring.

Maryann

Maryann.......
    I'm glad that things are going well, and that you are taking your meds. Who needs to suffer!

Take it easy sweetie, and and give your body lots of time to heal.

You will know everything that is important when you get your final path report from the surgeon. Until then, lots of hugs and good wishes coming your way.

CR
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

Thank you everyone. Doing
    Thank you everyone. Doing okay at daughters. Pain pump emptied. That thing is awesome. Now on Percocet. Trust me, I'm taking them at the correct hours. No hero here. I'm a coward and don't tolerate pain very well.I was told before surgery that mri and pathologist report, you know that one that you get when they do the core biopsy, the path report said no evidence of lymph node invasion, but she took out the underarms ones anyway. She didn't say anything if they were tested at the time and quite frankly I didn't care. They were gone!

Thanks to everyone for being so caring.

Maryann

Maryann-so glad that you are doing so well!!
    Tuesday AM, as promised, I sent a string of healing prayers your way :) and you've been on my mind since. You still in my thoughts and prayers.

I was surprised to see you posting so soon after surgery. That is a great sign that you are definitely on the road to recovery.

Wow!! 99.99% gone. That's a miracle in itself. I think you might be floating high right now with that kind of news. No lymph node invasion either?! A double wow!! for that one, too. I just love to hear good news.

Rest and let your daughter take good care of you (as I'm sure she will--aren't daughters great?!).
    dmc
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    good news Maryann
    so glad to hear that all went well, and wonderful news that there is no lymphnode involvement!
    Take your pain meds, don't let the pain catch up to you and it will work better.
    Rest and relax, let your family care for you and get well fast

=^..^=
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing very good news...
    And, good news all the way around, it seems. Glad your surgery - a very big step - is now behind you. As boring as it may be - rest will help your body to heal most efficiently...

Best wishes for your upcoming appointments. Please keep us posted.

Kind regards, Susan
  • maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115
    Options

Thanks for sharing very good news...
    And, good news all the way around, it seems. Glad your surgery - a very big step - is now behind you. As boring as it may be - rest will help your body to heal most efficiently...

Best wishes for your upcoming appointments. Please keep us posted.

Kind regards, Susan

Yes, lots of good news and I
    Yes, lots of good news and I am floating on air (plus good drugs) :-

Was told by surgeon that there most likely will be some kind of chemo but so what. I'll get through that too. I truly believe it will be tough, but all are different, and I didn't come this far to give up. I wake up in the morning now and smile again, rather than cry. It sure changes your perspective on life...what is important, etc.

Life is good (even with one boob). I'm going to be 65 this month and really am not going to be wearing a 2 piece bathing suit.

I'm going to try to get back to sleep now. Good night to everyone.

Love,
    Maryann
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

Was told by surgeon that there most likely will be some kind of chemo but so what. I'll get through that too. I truly believe it will be tough, but all are different, and I didn't come this far to give up. I wake up in the morning now and smile again, rather than cry. It sure changes your perspective on life...what is important, etc.

Life is good (even with one boob). I'm going to be 65 this month and really am not going to be wearing a 2 piece bathing suit.

Love,
    Maryann

Maryann-b-day wishes to you!
    It sounds like you will have much to celebrate, even if the two-piece swimsuit is out. You are a fighter, that's for sure. Try to sleep, though I know it's hard to do, but try.

Change in perspective? Yes, I have to agree with you on that one. I think we all can agree that we don't sweat the small things like we used to do.

So glad that you feel like smiling now.
    dmc
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options

Love,
    Maryann

Maryann
    Sounds like you've got a great attitude about everything-that's awesome! You go girl-sounds like you've put on your "boxing gloves"!