Cancer more extensive than i thought

Options

Comments

• donnare
    donnare Member Posts: 266
    Options
    Stay Positive
    Eric,

I am so sorry. I am very new here and you have been so kind and helpful to me. You have such a wonderful positive spirit. Try hard to stay positive and keep fighting. I will be praying for you and and sending all good thoughts your way. Don't lose faith or hope.

Donna
  • qwe
    qwe Member Posts: 124
    Options
    donnare said:

Stay Positive
    Eric,

I am so sorry. I am very new here and you have been so kind and helpful to me. You have such a wonderful positive spirit. Try hard to stay positive and keep fighting. I will be praying for you and and sending all good thoughts your way. Don't lose faith or hope.

Donna

Hi Eric
    I also believe

Hi Eric
    I also believe in miracles and the power of prayer.When I found out I had cancer I talked to people all over the world on different message boards I was a stage 2 rectal
    cancer and after the surgery I have to wear a bag to poo in and the report came out
    NED and I be leave it was from all those people praying for me I know my cancer is nothing like yours but cancer is cancer a scary little bugger it is but hang in there prayers are every were for you.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You HAD to ask, huh?
    Hey, Eric.

I'm so sorry to read this news, but I do believe that if anybody can knock this thing out, it'll be you. You're really one of the most positive people I know.

Take care of you and let us know how it goes. I'll be praying for you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    Options

Eric..... this is bull.....
    Eric..... this is bull..... I really really understand what you are going thru. You have still got to stay positive though. I know that is easier said than done. Please PM me if you want to talk in private. You are in my prayers

Jennie

Jennie - I know you have had
    Jennie - I know you have had your share of woes and I appreciate your prayers and support. We can beat this.

Eric
  • eric38
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

You HAD to ask, huh?
    Hey, Eric.

I'm so sorry to read this news, but I do believe that if anybody can knock this thing out, it'll be you. You're really one of the most positive people I know.

*hugs*
    Gail

Thanks to all
    Thank you so much to everyone for your prayers and support. I do take my own advice and will continue to stand strong. I feel like I know all of you and am overwhelmed by your vested interest in my well being. It touches me to know that people I have never met are so kind and caring. That alone is enough to give anybody hope. I`m still kicking and still have the ability to laugh in the face of cancer.

Eric
  • eric38
    Options
    donnare said:

Stay Positive
    Eric,

Donna

Don`t worry Donnare. I do
    Don`t worry Donnare. I do take my own advice and don`t let this discourage you.

Eric
  • eric38
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

You HAD to ask, huh?
    Hey, Eric.

*hugs*
    Gail

Tootsie - I JUST HAD TO ASK.
    Tootsie - I JUST HAD TO ASK. What the hell was I thinking?
    }:.}
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Ask or not ask....
    This is all so scary and we just don't know what we are going to hear when we walk into that ONC Office. It's the s.....

Keep that chin up, you are rght, you still have time to fight the beast! Go do it!

Hugs!!
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    MIracles
    do happen and dont give up stay positive. God has your back remember that....You will be in my prayers always..

God BLess
    Beth
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    I really
    don't know what to say except I am really sorry for the news you received. I will continue to pray for you as I do for everyone on this board.

Please, keep us up to date on what you are doing, how you are doing and especially, how you are enjoying the wonders of life :)
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    nudgie said:

I really
    don't know what to say except I am really sorry for the news you received. I will continue to pray for you as I do for everyone on this board.

Please, keep us up to date on what you are doing, how you are doing and especially, how you are enjoying the wonders of life :)

Sorry
    You have been going through so much and I'm sorry you have more to deal with. I hope your new chemo will work better for you.

Kim
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Options

Sorry
    You have been going through so much and I'm sorry you have more to deal with. I hope your new chemo will work better for you.

Kim

Expect a miracle....
    to happen. I am sorry you have to deal with this. This crap is so hard. And it really gets hard to always have a positive "I am going to kick this cancers A$$" when you really just want to break down. But I am starting to believe that if you expect a miracle to happen and stay positive (most of the times) things start working out in your favor.

We are here for you!!
  • eric38
    Options
    lmliess said:

Expect a miracle....
    to happen. I am sorry you have to deal with this. This crap is so hard. And it really gets hard to always have a positive "I am going to kick this cancers A$$" when you really just want to break down. But I am starting to believe that if you expect a miracle to happen and stay positive (most of the times) things start working out in your favor.

We are here for you!!

I do believe a positive
    I do believe a positive attitude makes all the difference. If you sulk, get depressed and give up then it has already won and cancer deserves no credit or power.

Eric
  • eric38
    Options

Sorry

Kim

Kim - It`s not that my
    Kim - It`s not that my current chemo is not working. I haven`t been rescaned so I don`t know if it is or isn`t. I`m going to believe that it is. Those were the results of my pet scan after surgery but before chemo. It`s just that the doctor and I never discussed the scan in depth before. We had already talked about the liver involvement and the surgeon took out the original tumor, all of my ascending colon, and 13 lymph nodes. I was under the mistaken impression that that was all there was(as if that wasn`t enough) but yesterday, for the first time, I asked the oncologist to explain the details of the scan and the future plans for taking care of my liver mets. He explained to me how extensive my cancer was and that it would be pointless to think about any kind of liver surgery as long as all those other areas are involved. He said he is more worried about putting out fires and that even if he did it wouldn`t last and we will constantly have to try to keep ahead of it. Basically, it`s all about keeping me alive as long as possible. That is what I get for being curious. On the bright side, he didn`t make it sound like he expected me to go anytime soon. But he was preparing me for what he believes will be the inevitable. That there will come a day when we run out of options and it will eventually catch up with me. But, I am still staying positive and so much can happen in the next few years. The medical community automatically labels stage 4 as terminal anyway.

Eric

Eric (:.)
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Options
    eric38 said:

Kim - It`s not that my
    Kim - It`s not that my current chemo is not working. I haven`t been rescaned so I don`t know if it is or isn`t. I`m going to believe that it is. Those were the results of my pet scan after surgery but before chemo. It`s just that the doctor and I never discussed the scan in depth before. We had already talked about the liver involvement and the surgeon took out the original tumor, all of my ascending colon, and 13 lymph nodes. I was under the mistaken impression that that was all there was(as if that wasn`t enough) but yesterday, for the first time, I asked the oncologist to explain the details of the scan and the future plans for taking care of my liver mets. He explained to me how extensive my cancer was and that it would be pointless to think about any kind of liver surgery as long as all those other areas are involved. He said he is more worried about putting out fires and that even if he did it wouldn`t last and we will constantly have to try to keep ahead of it. Basically, it`s all about keeping me alive as long as possible. That is what I get for being curious. On the bright side, he didn`t make it sound like he expected me to go anytime soon. But he was preparing me for what he believes will be the inevitable. That there will come a day when we run out of options and it will eventually catch up with me. But, I am still staying positive and so much can happen in the next few years. The medical community automatically labels stage 4 as terminal anyway.

Eric

Eric (:.)

Amazed
    Eric,

I am amazed by your story and strength. Thank you for posting and being so truthful. My sister was recently diagnosed stage 4 with mets to liver and peritoneum. She completed 4 months of chemo which worked well at first and now is hoping for liver resection. It sounds as if you too had this procedure done, along with removal of what could be removed from the peritoneum. Curious if you looked into that "peritoneum washing" procedure. I think not too many cancer centers are doing them.

Marie
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    sfmarie said:

Amazed
    Eric,

I am amazed by your story and strength. Thank you for posting and being so truthful. My sister was recently diagnosed stage 4 with mets to liver and peritoneum. She completed 4 months of chemo which worked well at first and now is hoping for liver resection. It sounds as if you too had this procedure done, along with removal of what could be removed from the peritoneum. Curious if you looked into that "peritoneum washing" procedure. I think not too many cancer centers are doing them.

Marie

so sorry
    about your news.that is what i fear the most is something coming back.you are tough and a fighter and i expect to read your post for a long time fight.....fight....fight....go team Godbless.....johnnybegood
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Don't give up
    I'm sorry to here about your discussion with the dr.Try and stay strong as much as you can,and don't forget we are praying for you,and remember we will not go gently into that dark night without a fight.god bless.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    UCSD does it
    Eric,

I don't remember where you live, but UCSD/Moores Cancer Center does do the "wash" where they treat widespread cancer in the abdominal cavity by putting heated chemo in your peritoneal cavity for a while. It is supposed to have a good outcome.

If you're close enough or willing to travel, Dr. Andrew Lowy at Moores Cancer Center at UCSD San Diego, CA does do this type of procedure. I've not had it done but I've read about it. He's the doctor that did my liver resection & I would highly recommend him. He trained at MD Anderson a few years back.

Lisa
  • eric38
    Options
    lisa42 said:

UCSD does it
    Eric,

I don't remember where you live, but UCSD/Moores Cancer Center does do the "wash" where they treat widespread cancer in the abdominal cavity by putting heated chemo in your peritoneal cavity for a while. It is supposed to have a good outcome.

If you're close enough or willing to travel, Dr. Andrew Lowy at Moores Cancer Center at UCSD San Diego, CA does do this type of procedure. I've not had it done but I've read about it. He's the doctor that did my liver resection & I would highly recommend him. He trained at MD Anderson a few years back.

Lisa

Thank you for the info. I
    Thank you for the info. I posted that some time ago and people are still responding. I appreciate that. Things are looking a little better since than they were at the time of that post. The doctor believes I am responding well to treatment. I get erbitux on Wed. and then get rescaned to see where I stand. The doc is expecting a positive outcome but we will see. I will take all options under consideration. A lot depends on the outcome of my test. Can you say SCANXIETY?

Eric
  • KFen725
    KFen725 Member Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Here's to a great re-scan!
    Eric, praying & hoping for a great re-scan for you. Anything is possible - holding out for GOOD NEWS for ya!