Options
2»

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Maryann......
    When I woke from having my mastectomy last year, I found that my chest was wrapped tightly in an Ace-like bandage. That covered the actual bandage. The pressure of the outer bandage wrapped around me alleviated any pain, really. It was actually a rather comforting feeling.

And they are very good about giving pain meds when you need them.

Within 4 hours of waking, I was eating a chicken/ranch sub (hoagie) sandwich and begging to go home.
    My surgeon persuaded me to stay just overnight and released me at 6:00 a.m. the next morning.
    Pain was never really an issue for me.

No such thing as a sissy! None of this is a picnic, but you can do it. I think that by the time we actually have surgery, or start treatment, we have blown up in our mind what we THINK will happen, to the point of absolute terror.

Sending strength your way.

CR

MaryAnn
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Take care! Jeanne
  • maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Maryann, I am wishing you
    Maryann, I am wishing you good luck as the others here! Let us know how you do! Good luck!

Thank you all for being so
    Thank you all for being so concerned. Went to the hospital this morning to get all the paperwork out of the way. They moved surgery from 4:00 to 2:00 Arizona time. I'll be in for one night and then will be staying at my daughter's house for awhile.

I'll try to post from there, but if you don't hear from me for awhile, I'll post when I get home.

God Bless you ALL!!!

Maryann
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

Thank you all for being so concerned. Went to the hospital this morning to get all the paperwork out of the way. They moved surgery from 4:00 to 2:00 Arizona time. I'll be in for one night and then will be staying at my daughter's house for awhile.

I'll try to post from there, but if you don't hear from me for awhile, I'll post when I get home.

God Bless you ALL!!!

Maryann

maryann
    good luck and good wishes, prayers, vibes, etc being sent your way. Take your time giving us the next update, but don't forget.
    =^..^=
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

God Bless you ALL!!!

Maryann

Maryann.. just a note to
    Maryann.. just a note to say..we are here.. and we are not going any where.. we will be here when you get home.. please let us know how your doing. I know sleep will seem difficult to achieve tonight, but I do hope you are able to rest.

Take care, & hugs

~T
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Maryann...
    I will have you in my thoughts tomorrow. While you are going through your surgery, I will be having my bandages removed from mine. And I am such a baby!! It's amazing what they have to give you these days for pain. I just slept for two days afterwards. So, take your pain meds, rest, kick back, get waited on, and do nothing but heal!! :) Pammy
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    Thinking of you and wishing you a quick recovery! Will be praying for you!

RE
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Maryann.....
    Keeping you in my thoughts today. I know that you will do fine and I am waiting to hear from you when you are up to it.

Big hugs,

CR
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Maryann.....
    Keeping you in my thoughts today. I know that you will do fine and I am waiting to hear from you when you are up to it.

Big hugs,

CR

MaryAnn, just to let you
    MaryAnn, just to let you know that I am thinking of you today. I hope that your surgery goes fine and that you will recover very quickly! Hugs, Noel
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    How R U?
    My Mom and I have been thinking of you and praying for you, especially last night. When you feel up to it, let us all know how you are doing post surgery. We are all here waiting and thinking of you. Feel better soon!
    Pat
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

How R U?
    My Mom and I have been thinking of you and praying for you, especially last night. When you feel up to it, let us all know how you are doing post surgery. We are all here waiting and thinking of you. Feel better soon!
    Pat

Yes, Maryann, let us know
    Yes, Maryann, let us know how you are doing. I pray the surgery went well for you and that you are doing better now!