question about chest pain

Options
cwestbro
cwestbro Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am almost a year out from having a bilat mastectomy and 7 months out of chemo. I have developed a concerning pain on my right chest area, feels muscular, but also hurts when I take a deep breathe or use my right arm? Kind of freaking out? Anyone else experience anything like this?

Comments

• karen0423
    karen0423 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi, sorry you are
    Hi, sorry you are experiencing that pain, I would definitely call your dr. to find out what is going on, you can never be too careful Good luck.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    HI
    Call your doctors and good luck.nice to meet you
  • jgridley
    jgridley Member Posts: 169
    Options
    I would call your doctor.
    I would call your doctor. Sorry to here about your pain
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    chest pain
    cwestbro, I do have pain, right chest (lumpectomy side large amount of tissue removed), and it hurts sometimes when I pull my arm wrong and also sometimes breathing. When I went in for the MRI, ultrasound and mammo, I asked about it, and they said it probably is because the muscle was pulled or compromised during surgery, but found nothing wrong. It is always good to ask your onc to make sure it isn't anything serious.
    Good luck and let us know when you find out.
    =^..^=
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    First: CALL
    gotta keep ur drs up to speed.
    However, I had a rad mast in '86 and another in '88. I still have 'weird pains' from time to time. Just so you know...everything is not a new crisis.
    Generally I wait two weeks and keep track of whatever I am feeling and pay attention to what I am doing of have done recently when I have a pain or sore muscle or anything in the chest, back, or neck area. If it doesn't clear up on its own (which it almost always has done over the years), then I get it checked out.
    But if you are freakin (which is absolutely normal for the first few months and years), then go ahead and call. Don't prolong ur misery if u don't have to.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    I agree...
    cwestbro,

Call your dr, but like a couple of others who have posted, I have had shooting pains from time to time, too. When I had a PET, or other test done, nothing was found that alarmed the drs. They told me that it was probably from lyphodema or due to nerves being cut during surgery. I just tolerate the pain now, but if it becomes intolerable I take a tylennol with codeine.

Also, it is good to monitor when the pain occurs. I, like one other who posted, note what I was doing prior to the pain (and it could be a day or two ago) to try and figure out the source. Sometimes, over-working that arm and emotional stress can set it off for me. I think it has become my "target" area when I don't feel well, or have over-done it.

Hope you find out soon what could be causing you pain.
    dmc
  • cwestbro
    cwestbro Member Posts: 15
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

I agree...
    cwestbro,

Call your dr, but like a couple of others who have posted, I have had shooting pains from time to time, too. When I had a PET, or other test done, nothing was found that alarmed the drs. They told me that it was probably from lyphodema or due to nerves being cut during surgery. I just tolerate the pain now, but if it becomes intolerable I take a tylennol with codeine.

Also, it is good to monitor when the pain occurs. I, like one other who posted, note what I was doing prior to the pain (and it could be a day or two ago) to try and figure out the source. Sometimes, over-working that arm and emotional stress can set it off for me. I think it has become my "target" area when I don't feel well, or have over-done it.

Hope you find out soon what could be causing you pain.
    dmc

thanks
    Thanks for your comments and support. I was wondering about lyphodema, but no swelling in my arm, but my arm pit and chest area felt heavy and achy. Some better this morning. thanks again! :)
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    cwestbro said:

thanks
    Thanks for your comments and support. I was wondering about lyphodema, but no swelling in my arm, but my arm pit and chest area felt heavy and achy. Some better this morning. thanks again! :)

I agree with the others, you
    I agree with the others, you should call your doctor and let him know.