Options
2»

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    journeyon said:

Newbie to site and MRI issue
    Hi, I wish I would have discovered this site months ago. I'm still very much in denial that I ever had cancer. I find this site very comforting, though, just by reading all the posts and support. I am very tired of being tired and no having the energy to do what I want to do.

I was diagnosed last December, at age 48. I also had an MRI after my initial biopsy showed the tumor was cancerous. It showed two more "spots" that could not be located with an ultrasound, so they did the biopsy using the MRI. The two "spots" were not cancerous, so I had a lumpectomy. Since then I have completed 4 chemo treatments and I am almost at the end of my radiation treatments - only 7 left out of 30. I was glad to have the MRI - on both breasts - so I could be sure there was no other cancer.

Warm welcome, sfitzthum
    You've already come a very long way on your journey. If you're undergoing both chemo and rads at the same time - gee, no wonder you're tired! It is frustrating.

Please keep us posted on your progress. Best wishes to you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    journeyon said:

Newbie to site and MRI issue
    Hi, I wish I would have discovered this site months ago. I'm still very much in denial that I ever had cancer. I find this site very comforting, though, just by reading all the posts and support. I am very tired of being tired and no having the energy to do what I want to do.

I was diagnosed last December, at age 48. I also had an MRI after my initial biopsy showed the tumor was cancerous. It showed two more "spots" that could not be located with an ultrasound, so they did the biopsy using the MRI. The two "spots" were not cancerous, so I had a lumpectomy. Since then I have completed 4 chemo treatments and I am almost at the end of my radiation treatments - only 7 left out of 30. I was glad to have the MRI - on both breasts - so I could be sure there was no other cancer.

I am new too
    Just welcoming you sfizthum! Lots of bc survivors here for your support, if needed.