Comments

• The1percen
    The1percen Member Posts: 135
    Options

Weiner Pods~
    My beloved "Tootsie"~
    8 yr old short/red haired Dachshund
    Approx. 17 lbs.
    Loves to chase squirrels and eat her own turds.
    She's into recycling~how green~how yukky!
    ****smile****

"how yukky"...
    GreeneyedGirl,
    Becarefull about that particular habit... there is a deadly disease they can get from that, but at the moment it slips my mind... I have to wonder- if I end up needing Chemo, what will be let of my already feeble mind. I think I've got Chemo Brain already... LOL! OK... I looked it up (I know; that's a non-no LOL) It's name is Parvovirus, commonly called "Parvo" I think it mainly pertains to puppies, but I have been told adults can get it too...
    Mike
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options

Oscar Meyer....
    I love it, I love those cleaver commercial names. When I was in the USAF, we lived on base and one of my friends got "orders" for overseas. Well, we inherited a Border Collie named... get this... Auggie Busch ;-) If you knew "Smitty" you'd understand the relevence. We easily could have nicknamed Smitty - FISH - cuz he drank like one, however, that's another story! He had Auggie from a pup. His favorite beer was Bud, produced by Anheuser- Busch Breweries, founded by Augustus Busch! Hence "Auggie Busch".
    When I was a young boy, we had a Collie, who was named Snoopy - after the cartoon, A few years ago we a Paracheete we named "Tweety" and then inherited a gray tiger- tomcat who we named Pootie-Tat.
    I just had to put my 2 cents in on the "name game"
    Mike

the 1 percen
    next time we want a dollor for the D S Club, LOl ( i o u ) will work just having a little fun, it goes with the moon shine
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

We have a small zoo here...
    Sorry for the long post, we have a zoo here. I'll begin with the oldest (out of respect) to the youngest, with their respective descriptions:

We have Michael, a soon-to-be retired leader dog at the ripe old age of 11.5. He is a yellow lab who is quite content with his 108 lbs of love, out-of-control bad breath, and poor eating habits (he steals food whenever he can--thus explains the 41 pounds of extra weight). We have tried diet foods, thyroid meds, exercise (which he has hated since he came to our home at 22 months) and reducing is legal food limit. We love him dearly and hope he is around for a while longer, in spite of his many active masses for which he has undergone surgery 3 times.

Next, is Elfin Chin, a black and white Japanese Chin who is one of the dumbest dogs I have ever met in my life. We got him on sale, literally, when the breeder said, "State a price" (for dogs that can be as much as $8,000-crazy, huh?). That should have been a hint to me, but I'm a little slow (we paid $250, but it should have be $2.50). He has a huge medical file with nearly every known medical problem common in this breed, remains un-housebroken at the age of 8.5, talks back to you, grovels at you, or sneezes on you when he is ticked off and wants to be left alone. Yet, in spite of his bad attitude, we still love him (well, except for my husband and the cat), because he can be very sweet and very cute.

Next, are the two guineas. One is _______ and the other is Asha (wow! I have a blank). They are not the normal short-haired pigs (I've forgotten that name, too) but they look like they have a bad hair day, everyday. They were rescues and likely to be the last of the 13-year pig phase. I'll get back to you on the forgotten names.

Next, is my Emmylou (I call her Emmy) and you all have heard much about her. She is a 19-mo old silver sable German Shepherd, that I rescued at 8 month and who is now certified as a therapy dog. Emmy thinks that the pigs are her flock and she herds them when my daughter changes their cages. Pretty cute! She's extremely smart, but she is no athelete (she can't catch a ball thrown directly to her under any circumstances). Her pix is on my expressions page. She is my god-send who helps me to stay positive. She is much loved and much spoiled.

Lastly, is Molly the cat. This was truly an act of love (for me to my daughter) when I told my daughter last summer, "Let's go for a ride, I have something to show you." I am not a cat lover (sorry, I hope not to offend fellow DS members who are). She is a medium-length gray cat that must be part mancoon because, at 10 months, she out-weighs the Chin by several pounds. I think she's possessed, but my daugther is still trying to convince me that she is the nicest cat anyone could ever own.

Well, that's my mini zoo that out-numbers the humans who live here 2:1.
    dmc

zoo
    we have a zoo here but only 1 dog
    rest are human and one nut case ME.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

We have a small zoo here...
    Sorry for the long post, we have a zoo here. I'll begin with the oldest (out of respect) to the youngest, with their respective descriptions:

We have Michael, a soon-to-be retired leader dog at the ripe old age of 11.5. He is a yellow lab who is quite content with his 108 lbs of love, out-of-control bad breath, and poor eating habits (he steals food whenever he can--thus explains the 41 pounds of extra weight). We have tried diet foods, thyroid meds, exercise (which he has hated since he came to our home at 22 months) and reducing is legal food limit. We love him dearly and hope he is around for a while longer, in spite of his many active masses for which he has undergone surgery 3 times.

Next, is Elfin Chin, a black and white Japanese Chin who is one of the dumbest dogs I have ever met in my life. We got him on sale, literally, when the breeder said, "State a price" (for dogs that can be as much as $8,000-crazy, huh?). That should have been a hint to me, but I'm a little slow (we paid $250, but it should have be $2.50). He has a huge medical file with nearly every known medical problem common in this breed, remains un-housebroken at the age of 8.5, talks back to you, grovels at you, or sneezes on you when he is ticked off and wants to be left alone. Yet, in spite of his bad attitude, we still love him (well, except for my husband and the cat), because he can be very sweet and very cute.

Next, are the two guineas. One is _______ and the other is Asha (wow! I have a blank). They are not the normal short-haired pigs (I've forgotten that name, too) but they look like they have a bad hair day, everyday. They were rescues and likely to be the last of the 13-year pig phase. I'll get back to you on the forgotten names.

Next, is my Emmylou (I call her Emmy) and you all have heard much about her. She is a 19-mo old silver sable German Shepherd, that I rescued at 8 month and who is now certified as a therapy dog. Emmy thinks that the pigs are her flock and she herds them when my daughter changes their cages. Pretty cute! She's extremely smart, but she is no athelete (she can't catch a ball thrown directly to her under any circumstances). Her pix is on my expressions page. She is my god-send who helps me to stay positive. She is much loved and much spoiled.

Lastly, is Molly the cat. This was truly an act of love (for me to my daughter) when I told my daughter last summer, "Let's go for a ride, I have something to show you." I am not a cat lover (sorry, I hope not to offend fellow DS members who are). She is a medium-length gray cat that must be part mancoon because, at 10 months, she out-weighs the Chin by several pounds. I think she's possessed, but my daugther is still trying to convince me that she is the nicest cat anyone could ever own.

Well, that's my mini zoo that out-numbers the humans who live here 2:1.
    dmc

After I logged off, I remembered the guinea's name: Raja ("j" sounds like a "z"). I can't believe I forgot it, he's the really sweet pig, too. They are abesideans.
    dmc
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options

"how yukky"...
    GreeneyedGirl,
    Becarefull about that particular habit... there is a deadly disease they can get from that, but at the moment it slips my mind... I have to wonder- if I end up needing Chemo, what will be let of my already feeble mind. I think I've got Chemo Brain already... LOL! OK... I looked it up (I know; that's a non-no LOL) It's name is Parvovirus, commonly called "Parvo" I think it mainly pertains to puppies, but I have been told adults can get it too...
    Mike

PODS
    Currently, we have:

Taz, our 6-yr.-old Karelian Bear dog;
    Willow, our 3.5 month Siberian husky puppy (who also likes to howl/talk a lot -- a very enduring quality!);
    and assorted tropical fish in a 25 gallon tank.

I also consider the local hummingbirds to be migratory/seasonal pets, as well as the deer, which we "help out a bit," in the winter months.
    There are many wild birds and butterflies that consider our property somewhat of a sanctuary (it's actually "certified" by the National Wildlife Federation as some sort of official backyard wildlife habitat...can't remember what it's really called).

P.S. Greeneyed girl and 1 Percenter: you can vaccinate dogs against parvo; however, eating feces is still a rotten habit that can cause reinfestation after reinfestation of many types of canine worms (not to mention really shi**y breath!!!! lol)

Love to all you fellow animal lovers,
    Debi
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Yorkie POD
    Skeeter is a 13 year old Yorkie. He's a good little boy and fears no bear, no raccoon,no possem...or cat...he does fear other dogs though....
    Dee
  • dyaneb123
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Yorkie POD
    Skeeter is a 13 year old Yorkie. He's a good little boy and fears no bear, no raccoon,no possem...or cat...he does fear other dogs though....
    Dee

OMG ! They just edited a
    OMG ! They just edited a forest animal !
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

OMG ! They just edited a
    OMG ! They just edited a forest animal !

Yeah
    for some reason they think that the masked bandit is a bad word! See.. raccoon!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Daft Sod
    lol r a c c o o n see if that works
  • dyaneb123
    Options
    jnl said:

Daft Sod
    lol r a c c o o n see if that works

R A C C O O N!!!!!!

R A C C O O N!!!!!!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

R A C C O O N!!!!!!

R A C C O O N!!!!!!

FAT CAT
    We have a very FAT CAT 18 pounds her name is Tinkerbell. She was very small when we got her and that was 8 years ago.

Oh yes I forgot about Jake's tadpoles--a dozen of them.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

FAT CAT
    We have a very FAT CAT 18 pounds her name is Tinkerbell. She was very small when we got her and that was 8 years ago.

Oh yes I forgot about Jake's tadpoles--a dozen of them.

2 "rejects"
    I have "acquired" two cats.

Cat #1 ... Got her when she was a small kitten ... she had been rescued from some shelter where she had been rescued from some idiot who threw her ... and broke her back legs. Vet fixed her legs ... and I adopted her ... and named her GRACE. I thought it was amazing that she made it through all of her early experiences. Get it? Amazing Grace!

Cat #2 ... Was outside and heard some serious meowing. Looked high and low and finally found a very tiny little kitten under the porch. Picked him up and he was a total matted mess. He was longhaired ... gold fur with four white paws and nose. I took him to the vet to be "cleaned up" de-fleaed and checked etc. and I don't know what I was thinking. Yes I do. I was thinking they would be thrilled to have the kitten and would immediately find a good home for him. But ... instead they asked if I was going to take him. I couldn't say no. So ... I now have Homer. Get it ... he was looking for a HOME. But ... while he may not look like a mess any more ... he IS a mess. I honestly believe his mother must have thrown him out of the "nest." He's all over the place and drives Grace nuts. But they do keep each company ... and they both sleep with me at night. (Or ... I should say they "allow" me to sleep with them)

hugs.
    teena
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    tgf said:

2 "rejects"
    I have "acquired" two cats.

Cat #1 ... Got her when she was a small kitten ... she had been rescued from some shelter where she had been rescued from some idiot who threw her ... and broke her back legs. Vet fixed her legs ... and I adopted her ... and named her GRACE. I thought it was amazing that she made it through all of her early experiences. Get it? Amazing Grace!

Cat #2 ... Was outside and heard some serious meowing. Looked high and low and finally found a very tiny little kitten under the porch. Picked him up and he was a total matted mess. He was longhaired ... gold fur with four white paws and nose. I took him to the vet to be "cleaned up" de-fleaed and checked etc. and I don't know what I was thinking. Yes I do. I was thinking they would be thrilled to have the kitten and would immediately find a good home for him. But ... instead they asked if I was going to take him. I couldn't say no. So ... I now have Homer. Get it ... he was looking for a HOME. But ... while he may not look like a mess any more ... he IS a mess. I honestly believe his mother must have thrown him out of the "nest." He's all over the place and drives Grace nuts. But they do keep each company ... and they both sleep with me at night. (Or ... I should say they "allow" me to sleep with them)

hugs.
    teena

pets
    I love my pets and miss them something terrible :(

Cookie is a grey poodle HE was named by my daughter when she was 4 we rescued him. He is scared of everything - esp. men.

Gracie is a chiweenie - she is red and the cutest lil girl ever. She loves to snuggle and lay with you.

Figaro - is a beautiful grey cat, she was also named by my daughter when she was 3 - can you guess her favorite movie at the time???

Good post I love reading about people's 4 legged family members.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

pets
    I love my pets and miss them something terrible :(

Cookie is a grey poodle HE was named by my daughter when she was 4 we rescued him. He is scared of everything - esp. men.

Gracie is a chiweenie - she is red and the cutest lil girl ever. She loves to snuggle and lay with you.

Figaro - is a beautiful grey cat, she was also named by my daughter when she was 3 - can you guess her favorite movie at the time???

Good post I love reading about people's 4 legged family members.

Wow!.Great Post Susan!
    No wonder you are now Officially Recognised! Wonderful to hear from all the new DS's and PODS.

My pets are Riva, GSD, Loves Football and Food. Schnugglepuss the Moggy, loves Riva, Fighting and sleeping. 5 Aquariums of fish, mainly turquoise guppies called aortus, and sword tails called 'Hey You Guys!' Last but least, Chuck, large Hairy Husband, not house trained, apalling eating habits....Free to any home...

Chinese restaurants may apply!

Susan, May we join please? We really are Totally Daft Sods.........Does that get extra points?

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

You did say pets, right? That includes cats?
    Cause I have 2 of the cutest cats you would ever want to see! lol They are Kobe (black and white - he is so cute and loving ) and Dolby ( all black except one lil white fluff on him ). They are outside cats, so, I hope that counts. We need them out here in the country! Ok, that's it!

yes Cats!
    my first three (Sam, Seven and LoiLoi aka fuzzball) are cats, the last three (instead of, bogey and baby) are Koi!
    =^..^=
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Wow!.Great Post Susan!
    No wonder you are now Officially Recognised! Wonderful to hear from all the new DS's and PODS.

My pets are Riva, GSD, Loves Football and Food. Schnugglepuss the Moggy, loves Riva, Fighting and sleeping. 5 Aquariums of fish, mainly turquoise guppies called aortus, and sword tails called 'Hey You Guys!' Last but least, Chuck, large Hairy Husband, not house trained, apalling eating habits....Free to any home...

Chinese restaurants may apply!

Susan, May we join please? We really are Totally Daft Sods.........Does that get extra points?

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, dear Esteemed Leader...
    Certainly, YOU do not need MY permission to join!

Anyway, just as membership into The Daft Sod Club requires only usage of the two key words, and only once: DAFT SOD...

For our beloved and cherished pets, posting here on the thread automatically gets them into: The Pets of Daft Sod Clubs (or, PODS).

Points? Extra points? Sure - you can have 'em. But, I'm not keeping track. Won't keep track of members, either - human or otherwise.

ALL SODS WELCOME - Daft, Old Daft, Young Daft, Newly Daft, Always Daft, Slightly Daft, Extremely Daft, Wannabee Daft... Furry Daft, Scaly Daft, Feathered Daft... you get the idea...

Kind regards, Susan
    Official Secretary of The Daft Sod Club

P.S. to J: Chuck? Husbands? If YOU say so... :-)
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Oh, dear Esteemed Leader...
    Certainly, YOU do not need MY permission to join!

Anyway, just as membership into The Daft Sod Club requires only usage of the two key words, and only once: DAFT SOD...

For our beloved and cherished pets, posting here on the thread automatically gets them into: The Pets of Daft Sod Clubs (or, PODS).

Points? Extra points? Sure - you can have 'em. But, I'm not keeping track. Won't keep track of members, either - human or otherwise.

ALL SODS WELCOME - Daft, Old Daft, Young Daft, Newly Daft, Always Daft, Slightly Daft, Extremely Daft, Wannabee Daft... Furry Daft, Scaly Daft, Feathered Daft... you get the idea...

Kind regards, Susan
    Official Secretary of The Daft Sod Club

P.S. to J: Chuck? Husbands? If YOU say so... :-)

Funny...
    ...how the word "turd" doesn't get "flagged". Mike and Debi~I have challenged myself to clean up the yard daily to stop the tootsmeister from her deadly habit. We are working on it. I appreciate the info. It is a rotten habit, we think sometimes she inhales her food so fast, therefore it is not digesting, hence her need to eat it again...silly girl.
    Thanks~ Melanie
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    These three
    The red head is a flame point Siamese that I got from Siameserescue.org named Flash. He is such a red head that he has freckles and *very* pale skin. The dark one is Ameiko that is my old man--15 years old. He was a snowshoe siamese that no one wanted but he is my buddy. The grey one is Tiny Cat. She was 5.2 pounds when we adopted her from the ASPCA but she has gotten a little bigger--8 pounds now. She is a snowshoe lilac point Siamese. Do you sense a trend? ;-)

Maureen
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    ~MY TURN~
    My much adored little 8 year old GRRR (Bichon and Poodle mix) who loves everyone but is the bitter enemey of the pool sweep.

Honey my 17 year old Calico kitty who rules the roost.

Stinky my 15 year old black kitty who is just too loving.

Rocky our youngest 2 year old Yorkie who just can't slow down.

I love em all!
  • The1percen
    The1percen Member Posts: 135
    Options

fluffles the demon dog - long post...
    Let me tell you all about our little terrorist! She was born May 2007 and we got her when she was no more than a couple months old. She was so cute, she had the bluest eyes and she loved to snuggle. By the time she was 6 or 7 months, her eyes started to change, of course now they are brown... MOST of the time!!! When she gets rambuncious (?) her eyes will GLOW ORANGE!!! As if she really is possessed. She is a true terroroist. Her favorite game is when she comes comes after "pottie breaks" LOOK-OUT hope you've got at slippers on cuz she grabs ahold and growls and fights and runs around acting all vicious. OK... I realize we COULD break her of it, but she isn't rough and is just SOOOO playful! Being a hunter... another of her favorite games is hide-n-seek. We will hide her toys (which usually don't last too long - poor things get ripped to shreadds) and she will find them. She is TOTALLY SPOILED!!! Yes, she sleeps with us! She loves to be covered up. She burrow under the blankets and if you're not carefull it's easy to sit on her. When it's play time (and that is ALL THE TIME) she also likes to have her toys hidden in the blankets with your hand and them move it around - truly hunting!!!! She is another one of our "KIDS" and all you veternarians out there will have fit, but she eats PEOPLE FOOD! She will eat her "dog food" as a last resort, but her begging is beyond reproach, she will lay her head on you leg and stare at you with these big SAD eyes and whine like a baby. She is the smartest dog I have ever had. She does the "standard" tricks; speak, sit, shake, "high five" and roll over, but it's her intelligence that amazes me... her sense of smell is unbelievable. You can hide her toys in a cooler and she will find it!! She does fall for the "fake throw"... sometimes, but as soon as she gets like 5 feet she will sniff around and come back to find it. We have to spell out words like "out" and "ride" because she knows what the words MEAN and she LOVES to ride... with her head out the window, just sniffing away!
    OK... enough, thank you for letting me tell you about my own form of stress relief!!!! "Mud's PODS
    Take Care, God Bless you all!
    Mike

Photo Posted
    Hi all, I decided "the mutt" should be displayed, so I posted her on my Expressions page...
    Hope you are all having a great Father's Day and the "longest DAY" of the year. From here on out it's down hill until the day after our anniversary!