Roll Call: Weekend plans?!

mimivac
mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Another week has gone by and I want to hear what everyone is up to this weekend!

I will perhaps be getting a surprise dinner from my husband to mark the end of radiation. He's not really the surprise type, but he told me not to make theater reservations for Saturday, so I have a funny feeling he's planning something. I hope so! You guys here all know my fondness for nice dinners out, etc.

On Saturday morning I will meet for a session with my personal trainer, then go to a photography exhibit at the Corcoran gallery in DC. Then grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, reading, etc.

On Sunday I will probably meet two friends for brunch in Old Town, Alexandria and then maybe organize my closet in the afternoon. Then I'm thinking of seeing the new romantic comedy, "The Proposal" and finally dinner on the grill at home.

You guys?!
«1

Comments

  • The1percen
    The1percen Member Posts: 135
    nothing exciting
    Hey ALL,
    This will be a looong weekend for me, not much planned, cut the grass and we have an open house for my wife's sister's son. Other than that... be on here and TRY to stay calm with the countdown... mammo 1 week from today, then my family reunion next saturday, but then it gets really hard with the surgeon on Tuesday, the 30th. I hope all the relayers have an awesome experience and everyone has a great weekend!
    Mike
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

    nothing exciting
    Hey ALL,
    This will be a looong weekend for me, not much planned, cut the grass and we have an open house for my wife's sister's son. Other than that... be on here and TRY to stay calm with the countdown... mammo 1 week from today, then my family reunion next saturday, but then it gets really hard with the surgeon on Tuesday, the 30th. I hope all the relayers have an awesome experience and everyone has a great weekend!
    Mike

    Another weekend on the lake,
    Another weekend on the lake, with friends coming in to share the beauty. That's what you get when you move to paradise. We will grill, ride the party barge, visit friends on the lake, and generally relax this weekend. Hope all enjoy it as much as we will. Hugs.

    Judy
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    My weekend! :)
    First, I want to say you deserve the BEST weekend of your life Mimi! And, I hope you get it. It sounds like you might! And, congrats again Mimi!!!!!!!!!!!

    Saturday, I think, we are taking the Harley out again for a ride. We love to ride if it is nice out. We just drive slow around the country and just enjoy a peaceful ride. ( except the road oil on HIS chrome yikes ) But, that gives him something to do on Sunday, polish his bike. lol Then later, we have some friends coming out to cook out. I can't wait. I've got the house spotless and the yard looks great! So, I am ready to PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! lol

    Sunday, one of our goddaughter's and her little baby boy are coming out for awhile, so, I am cooking their favorite meal, spaghetti and meatballs. Kind of hot for that heavy of a meal, but, that is what Tara said she wanted. lol So, spaghetti and meatballs it is! We will probably play ball or put the lil pool up for her son. See if my hubby can blow it up..haha Ok, joking, he has a pump. lol ( hope we aren't hungover...dang lol )

    Well, that is our weekend! I wish all of you a wonderful, fun weekend! Love, Jeanne
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Weekend Plans
    Mimi~

    Your weekend sounds womnderful~ with added incentive to make it festive!

    I am doing my usual Jazzercise class tomorrow morning; it is so much fun and I love it! Then chores, and getting together with my "niece-daughter" around noon.

    On Sunday morning at 4AM, Reggie and I are making the short drive to the mountains to celebrate the Solstice. We take sage to burn, Reggie says a prayer in the Chumash language to the 4 directions, and we each sing a song to thank the Sun. He sings some beautiful songs in his native language, I sing "you are my sunshine" and "Here comes the sun"...it's the best I can do to show respect and honor the longest day of the year. He laughs good naturedly, but expects nothng more from me of the Potato Tribe, as he calls me! (Irish descent)

    Later that day, Siobhan,my niece/daughter and I are having a Girl's Day. Reggie's daughters are coming over early to make breakfast for and with him, and they have plans to hang out and watch movies of Reggie's choosing. They don't get much "quality time" together, so I have opted out of being part of the Father's Day father-daughter celebration.

    If I may sneak ahead to Monday, part of my Sunday will be spent packing, as I am meeting my fellow CSN'r for a week's vacation. A "reunion" with someone I have never met!

    Everyone enjoy~ we ALL deserve it!

    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    chenheart said:

    Weekend Plans
    Mimi~

    Your weekend sounds womnderful~ with added incentive to make it festive!

    I am doing my usual Jazzercise class tomorrow morning; it is so much fun and I love it! Then chores, and getting together with my "niece-daughter" around noon.

    On Sunday morning at 4AM, Reggie and I are making the short drive to the mountains to celebrate the Solstice. We take sage to burn, Reggie says a prayer in the Chumash language to the 4 directions, and we each sing a song to thank the Sun. He sings some beautiful songs in his native language, I sing "you are my sunshine" and "Here comes the sun"...it's the best I can do to show respect and honor the longest day of the year. He laughs good naturedly, but expects nothng more from me of the Potato Tribe, as he calls me! (Irish descent)

    Later that day, Siobhan,my niece/daughter and I are having a Girl's Day. Reggie's daughters are coming over early to make breakfast for and with him, and they have plans to hang out and watch movies of Reggie's choosing. They don't get much "quality time" together, so I have opted out of being part of the Father's Day father-daughter celebration.

    If I may sneak ahead to Monday, part of my Sunday will be spent packing, as I am meeting my fellow CSN'r for a week's vacation. A "reunion" with someone I have never met!

    Everyone enjoy~ we ALL deserve it!

    Hugs,
    Claudia

    Girls movie night in~
    Since I am still sort of recovering~and my husband is out of town (fathers day??) my daughter (21) and daughter~in~law (25) are planning a night of chick flicks and girl food! I can't wait. The fact that they love to hang with ME is a JOY! I didn't want to sit on a bleacher and watch my husband play in a mens baseball tournament~~not 2 weeks out of surgery.
    Melanie
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    First sunshine we've had in
    First sunshine we've had in weeks! I'll be Flea Marketing.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Well, I hate to say.......
    I hate to say that this weekend, as last weekend, will not be such a happy one.

    Our 14 yr. old dog will be put to sleep tomorrow. I'm spending this last night with her, just loving her.

    My van is incapacitated, so am waiting for that to be worked on so that I have a way to get to the hospital, as hubby is still there. I was praying that he would be home for Father's Day, but not so sure about that.

    I truly hope that by the time next weekend rolls around, things will be much happier here.

    CR
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Well.. This weekend didn't
    Well.. This weekend didn't start so well... after everything I posted earlier, while I was at the surgeons office I recieved a phone call from my husband informing me that Child Protective Services was at our door and he had to pick up Liz from her summer adventure club so that they could interview her. Seems in her aunt (who has mental issues as my sister-inlaw does) Reported an "urgent abuse" alligation and they "had" to make contact with the child today. That had me running out of that office and back home.. leaving my sister sitting with the surgen who has decided he wants her overy out now and to wait on the liver biopsy because the mass there has doubled in size in one month... So home to explain to the case worker from cps what has been going on with my niece... That will all turn out fine they agreed that she is safe and that "other factors" are in play.. man some people.

    So... tonight Chinese Food and Chick flicks as someone earlier recommended, with my niece and my daughter... tomorrow cleaning, maybe my hubby and I will take a drive... just a relax day... Sunday I really need to hit the books.. and since I'm still recovering from surgery.. take things a little easy!

    Cheers

    ~T
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    taleena said:

    Well.. This weekend didn't
    Well.. This weekend didn't start so well... after everything I posted earlier, while I was at the surgeons office I recieved a phone call from my husband informing me that Child Protective Services was at our door and he had to pick up Liz from her summer adventure club so that they could interview her. Seems in her aunt (who has mental issues as my sister-inlaw does) Reported an "urgent abuse" alligation and they "had" to make contact with the child today. That had me running out of that office and back home.. leaving my sister sitting with the surgen who has decided he wants her overy out now and to wait on the liver biopsy because the mass there has doubled in size in one month... So home to explain to the case worker from cps what has been going on with my niece... That will all turn out fine they agreed that she is safe and that "other factors" are in play.. man some people.

    So... tonight Chinese Food and Chick flicks as someone earlier recommended, with my niece and my daughter... tomorrow cleaning, maybe my hubby and I will take a drive... just a relax day... Sunday I really need to hit the books.. and since I'm still recovering from surgery.. take things a little easy!

    Cheers

    ~T

    Oh, CR............
    I am so sorry to hear about your wonderful dog. Last winter we had to do the same thing for my 18-yr-old, cocker/golden mix, Polly. It was very hard, but knowing she had a really good life comforted me a little. I got her from a shelter when she was about a year-and-a-half old, and she had been horribly abused. It took a looooooong time for her to trust anyone but myself, but she became a wonderful family dog in the end. I miss her, but her spirit definitely lives on in Willow, now (although I think our 6-yr-old Karelian bear dog, Taz, would much prefer to have old Polly back...)

    As for weekend plans: Xiaoxiao is going to the second day of a two-day arts and crafts camp tomorrow; depending on the weather, hubby & I may go down to our lake cottage and do some work (right now it's rainy and cold, and tomorrow is expected to be the same). If it stays yucky outside, we may just take some R&R at home...it's been a long, busy week and all of us are tired.

    BTW, I took Xiaoxiao and her friend to see the movie, "Up" yesterday. I cried, but it was great.

    Have a great weekend everyone,
    Debi
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    CR1954 said:

    Well, I hate to say.......
    I hate to say that this weekend, as last weekend, will not be such a happy one.

    Our 14 yr. old dog will be put to sleep tomorrow. I'm spending this last night with her, just loving her.

    My van is incapacitated, so am waiting for that to be worked on so that I have a way to get to the hospital, as hubby is still there. I was praying that he would be home for Father's Day, but not so sure about that.

    I truly hope that by the time next weekend rolls around, things will be much happier here.

    CR

    CR I will be sending you
    CR I will be sending you extra comforting thoughts this weekend.. and extra special hugs.

    ~T
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Wow, it's almost like old times....
    We just returned two of our very rambuctious grandsons to their parents earlier today and we intend to veg out this evening and this entire weekend -- However, the upstairs bathroom smells like a public urinal and the crumbs in the beds need tending to. It appears they smuggled gold fish, raisins, Lucky Charms and juice boxes up into their beds when we were looking the other way. They had a ball all week, but my husband and I are exhausted. We did lunch in the park, an afternoon at the pool, a day at Indiana Beach, a play date here at our house, the library, and some arts and crafts. We're pooped. But the boys had a great vacation and so did we. Now to rest....

    It just dawned on me. This is the first time since my dx; in November, 2007, that I've had the energy and enthusiasm to keep up with those boys. Except for some stiff joints from the Armidex, I AM MY OLD SELF. Oh what a feeling. And, I have hair. Yippee. Hugs, Marilynn
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    bfbear said:

    Oh, CR............
    I am so sorry to hear about your wonderful dog. Last winter we had to do the same thing for my 18-yr-old, cocker/golden mix, Polly. It was very hard, but knowing she had a really good life comforted me a little. I got her from a shelter when she was about a year-and-a-half old, and she had been horribly abused. It took a looooooong time for her to trust anyone but myself, but she became a wonderful family dog in the end. I miss her, but her spirit definitely lives on in Willow, now (although I think our 6-yr-old Karelian bear dog, Taz, would much prefer to have old Polly back...)

    As for weekend plans: Xiaoxiao is going to the second day of a two-day arts and crafts camp tomorrow; depending on the weather, hubby & I may go down to our lake cottage and do some work (right now it's rainy and cold, and tomorrow is expected to be the same). If it stays yucky outside, we may just take some R&R at home...it's been a long, busy week and all of us are tired.

    BTW, I took Xiaoxiao and her friend to see the movie, "Up" yesterday. I cried, but it was great.

    Have a great weekend everyone,
    Debi

    CR.........
    I am so sorry. You have given her a wonderful life and that's all you can do, apart from not being selfish enough to keep her suffering.
    I may be here within the next few weeks with the same devastating news. Our Riva is having hip problems, 12 year old German Shepherd...fingers crossed the glocosamine will help her out this time again.

    Mimi........Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead, and you sure do deserve it.

    I am at work tomorrow and Jamie is having a garage sale if the weather is ok here....Sunday we are going to go to Niagara Falls and act like sad tourists!

    Hugs to all Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • The1percen
    The1percen Member Posts: 135
    taleena said:

    Well.. This weekend didn't
    Well.. This weekend didn't start so well... after everything I posted earlier, while I was at the surgeons office I recieved a phone call from my husband informing me that Child Protective Services was at our door and he had to pick up Liz from her summer adventure club so that they could interview her. Seems in her aunt (who has mental issues as my sister-inlaw does) Reported an "urgent abuse" alligation and they "had" to make contact with the child today. That had me running out of that office and back home.. leaving my sister sitting with the surgen who has decided he wants her overy out now and to wait on the liver biopsy because the mass there has doubled in size in one month... So home to explain to the case worker from cps what has been going on with my niece... That will all turn out fine they agreed that she is safe and that "other factors" are in play.. man some people.

    So... tonight Chinese Food and Chick flicks as someone earlier recommended, with my niece and my daughter... tomorrow cleaning, maybe my hubby and I will take a drive... just a relax day... Sunday I really need to hit the books.. and since I'm still recovering from surgery.. take things a little easy!

    Cheers

    ~T

    Taleena & CR
    I am sorry for the weekends the two of you are having. ~T~ I hope Childen Services is straightened out and CR my heart goes out to you, pets can be some much a part of the family. I have a "survivor of my own out in the back yard. We have an 18 year-old MUTT who we named simply "puppy" because when he was born we didn't think he would last long. You see, he was born during a blizzard with extremely cold temps. His mother "star" had always been an outside dog and her dog house had straw and a flap so she wasn't really all that uncomfortable. She had the litter OUTSIDE in the snow and cold. "Puppy" was the only one to survive and his rear legs and tail were froze off. Now, let me tell about this dog with NO HIND LEGS. At first we didn't tie him up... where was he gonna go??? He got so he would wander all over the yard, OK...no biggy. Then one day he disappeared and later in the evening we got a call from the neighbors (about ¼ mile down the road) we went a got him and tied him up with this light weight leash for a cat. Next day he disappeared again only this time he was the next road over! Over the next year or so it became obvious that not only was he a survivor, but a sneaky, coniving, SMART dog. We had to buy a choker, like for a bull dog or pit bull with a heavy duty chain for the same kind of dog. To this day the "clips" on the chain have to be changed every couple months because he wears them OUT! I hope this provides some inspiration for you. We also have a female 2 year-old ½ Jack Russell/ ½ Beagle named "fluffles" (please don't ask) her nickname is "demon dog" what a handfull!!! But we love her all the same and talk about spoiled!!! OK.. this has gotten long (but as everyone has undoubtly noticed... I love to "write") Take Care, hope everything gets better...
    HUGS
    Mike
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    CR1954 said:

    Well, I hate to say.......
    I hate to say that this weekend, as last weekend, will not be such a happy one.

    Our 14 yr. old dog will be put to sleep tomorrow. I'm spending this last night with her, just loving her.

    My van is incapacitated, so am waiting for that to be worked on so that I have a way to get to the hospital, as hubby is still there. I was praying that he would be home for Father's Day, but not so sure about that.

    I truly hope that by the time next weekend rolls around, things will be much happier here.

    CR

    CR-my heart goes out to you
    Dogs ask for so little, but give so much during their lifetime. You've had 14 wonderful years with your girl and, though it doesn't make it any easier, she has probably let you know that she was ready.

    My German Shepherd of nearly 16 years, Mandy, was one heck of dog and I still miss her today (she died 14 years ago). Eva Marie, my pup of only 10 months, needed to be put out of misery-the vet said, but that was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Now, I have Emmy, who needed a home and someone to love her. Yes, dogs offer so much, but ask for so little. How nice it would be if life were so simple for humans.

    CR, I will be thinking of you this week-end as you say, "See you later," to your dear and faithful friend.

    I hope that your husband comes home soon. I, too, pray also that you have some comfort and a little bit of happiness soon.

    Thinking of you,
    dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    tasha_111 said:

    CR.........
    I am so sorry. You have given her a wonderful life and that's all you can do, apart from not being selfish enough to keep her suffering.
    I may be here within the next few weeks with the same devastating news. Our Riva is having hip problems, 12 year old German Shepherd...fingers crossed the glocosamine will help her out this time again.

    Mimi........Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead, and you sure do deserve it.

    I am at work tomorrow and Jamie is having a garage sale if the weather is ok here....Sunday we are going to go to Niagara Falls and act like sad tourists!

    Hugs to all Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Tasha and your 12-year old GSD
    I, too, hope that glucosamine works for your ol' girl. We kept our Mandy around until she let us know that she was ready to go. It meant that we had to hold her up to go to bathroom, and some may have thought we should have put her down then, but we knew she wasn't ready. She enjoyed life too much. Our dear 4-legged and faithful friends let us know when it's time. Riva will do the same, I am sure. I will be praying for your Riva that the meds work.

    Enjoy your Jamie, too. Sounds like the two of you have some fun lined-up for the week-end.

    Better go out with my pup (I said that two posts ago!). She's letting me know that it's her time now. :)

    dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    dmc_emmy said:

    Tasha and your 12-year old GSD
    I, too, hope that glucosamine works for your ol' girl. We kept our Mandy around until she let us know that she was ready to go. It meant that we had to hold her up to go to bathroom, and some may have thought we should have put her down then, but we knew she wasn't ready. She enjoyed life too much. Our dear 4-legged and faithful friends let us know when it's time. Riva will do the same, I am sure. I will be praying for your Riva that the meds work.

    Enjoy your Jamie, too. Sounds like the two of you have some fun lined-up for the week-end.

    Better go out with my pup (I said that two posts ago!). She's letting me know that it's her time now. :)

    dmc

    Drats! It's another thunderstorm!
    Our walk was cut short, as will be my computer time. I will log on tmr with my week-end plan and some well-wishing, too.

    Goodnight everyone. Sweet dreams!
    dmc
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    another weekend hanging out
    I have absolutely no plans this weekend. May get some paperwork done & out of the way. Hubby is working extra work and nothing has been mentioned for Sunday. So its a more of "wait & see" kind of weekend. :) Pammy
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Akiss4me said:

    another weekend hanging out
    I have absolutely no plans this weekend. May get some paperwork done & out of the way. Hubby is working extra work and nothing has been mentioned for Sunday. So its a more of "wait & see" kind of weekend. :) Pammy

    Cr
    First CR I am so sorry, How painfull. I wish there was something I could do for you. Can be here for you.
    Weekend, Think we are just hanging out at home.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    chenheart said:

    Weekend Plans
    Mimi~

    Your weekend sounds womnderful~ with added incentive to make it festive!

    I am doing my usual Jazzercise class tomorrow morning; it is so much fun and I love it! Then chores, and getting together with my "niece-daughter" around noon.

    On Sunday morning at 4AM, Reggie and I are making the short drive to the mountains to celebrate the Solstice. We take sage to burn, Reggie says a prayer in the Chumash language to the 4 directions, and we each sing a song to thank the Sun. He sings some beautiful songs in his native language, I sing "you are my sunshine" and "Here comes the sun"...it's the best I can do to show respect and honor the longest day of the year. He laughs good naturedly, but expects nothng more from me of the Potato Tribe, as he calls me! (Irish descent)

    Later that day, Siobhan,my niece/daughter and I are having a Girl's Day. Reggie's daughters are coming over early to make breakfast for and with him, and they have plans to hang out and watch movies of Reggie's choosing. They don't get much "quality time" together, so I have opted out of being part of the Father's Day father-daughter celebration.

    If I may sneak ahead to Monday, part of my Sunday will be spent packing, as I am meeting my fellow CSN'r for a week's vacation. A "reunion" with someone I have never met!

    Everyone enjoy~ we ALL deserve it!

    Hugs,
    Claudia

    How exciting Claudia, who
    How exciting Claudia, who are you meeting if you don't mind us asking? Hugs, Lili
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Well Mimi, today is our
    Well Mimi, today is our relay, so I walked the survivors lap, and then walked it again with my daughter. Then Wegman's provided the survivors and their caregivers a delicious dinner. After dinner, I did a few more laps and I'm now home and will go back early in the morning. Tomorrow I plan on organizing closets, doing laundry and food shopping. Sunday, it being father's day, I guess I will barbecue if the weather holds out. Hugs, Lili