Options
2»

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    tgf said:

Cured???
    I don't know about "cured." All I know is I told my oncologist I'd heard all sorts of terms ... cured, terminal, aggressive, stage this and that, etc ... and I wanted to know what he would call my case ... and he said "in remission." Now I have no clue what that means ... but as long as the word "terminal" wasn't in there ... I guess I'm relieved.

hugs.
    teena

I asked what my oncologist
    I asked what my oncologist would call me too and he said "in remission."
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    jnl said:

Good luck on Monday Peb! My
    Good luck on Monday Peb! My oncologist told me that after I had radiation I was cured. He even wrote it on the paper with my treatment plan that he gave me.

Welcome!
    Welcome! When I finished chemo/radiation I asked my doctor what would I consider myself, cured, in remission? She said "Survivor". The Oncotype DX test showed 34% chance of recurrence, so they treated it very agressively after the lumpectomy, and she said knowing the recurrence rate, and the treatment I received - it should not come back. Emphasis on "should". I'm still new to this, so at the moment I am constantly self-examining to make sure nothing else is growing and I am very paranoid that it will return. That should decrease in time and I'm sure there will be days when I won't think of the word cancer at all. (Like I believe that!). Good luck to you on Monday and hang in there - there is light at the end of the tunnel!
    Pat
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

He said that after treatment
    He said that after treatment I would have a 10% chance of it coming back, but since it is stage 0 and contained he said my prognosis is good. I've told myself that I cannot let this rule my life, I have 3 granddaughters to watch grow up, I don't have time for this. Thanks for your reply. This site has been very helpful and uplifting.

Hi hotharley! Your
    Hi hotharley! Your prognosis is good and you will have a long and healthy life! Believe it!