Chemo Party

Options
2»

Comments

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    My hubby is going to start
    My hubby is going to start the first chemo and radiation next Monday for 6 weeks before the surgery.We went to see the oncologist this Tuesday,the oncologist said my hubby is at stageII,and this is should be a small piece of cake for my hubby.Then we didn't say anything before the oncologist.When we were back home,my hubby said:"Possibly because that's not his tumor,that's why he said it's a small piece of cake."I said:"Cancer is cancer,it's never a small piece of cake."But anyway,it looks like the oncologist is pretty positive with my hubby's diagnosis,so we can't complain too much.Today in the hospital they put a catheter in my hubby's arm,then they took X-ray to make sure it's at the right position.Anyway everything is almost ready,what my hubby needs to do is just waitting for the nurse to show up on Monday for the chemo.Since it's going to be my hubby's first chemo,he feels uncertainty and he doesn't feel very comfortable with this PICC in his arm.If anybody knows what I should do or what I should say to my hubby to ease him a little bit,I will appreciate.Anyway just let all of you know that my hubby is going to be at the chemo party too.Thanks.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options

My hubby is going to start
    My hubby is going to start the first chemo and radiation next Monday for 6 weeks before the surgery.We went to see the oncologist this Tuesday,the oncologist said my hubby is at stageII,and this is should be a small piece of cake for my hubby.Then we didn't say anything before the oncologist.When we were back home,my hubby said:"Possibly because that's not his tumor,that's why he said it's a small piece of cake."I said:"Cancer is cancer,it's never a small piece of cake."But anyway,it looks like the oncologist is pretty positive with my hubby's diagnosis,so we can't complain too much.Today in the hospital they put a catheter in my hubby's arm,then they took X-ray to make sure it's at the right position.Anyway everything is almost ready,what my hubby needs to do is just waitting for the nurse to show up on Monday for the chemo.Since it's going to be my hubby's first chemo,he feels uncertainty and he doesn't feel very comfortable with this PICC in his arm.If anybody knows what I should do or what I should say to my hubby to ease him a little bit,I will appreciate.Anyway just let all of you know that my hubby is going to be at the chemo party too.Thanks.

Hubby is Welcome to Join
    Hubby is certainly welcome to join. It is wonderful that oncologist seems so optimistic about his progress. Radiation is also a "piece of cake" but eventually it takes a toll on you. I will remember your husband at the chemo party too. Actually, next week is my off week - yipee, but I will still think about him starting.

Kim