Options
2»

Comments

• Lisak
    Lisak Member Posts: 59
    Options
    kayandok said:

Welcome Jan!
    Jan welcome to the board and congratulations on the 13 years!
    Hugs,
    Kathleen:)

Question for Kayandok
    I read your profile and you said "you had to leave your family to go out of the country to get a second opinion" can you share with us what happened and how it saved your life?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Linn1 said:

Stage 4, recurrence, PARP Inhibitor Trial, BRCA 1
    Hi-
    Wow, so great to hear so many years of surviving this beast! For me, I made it 9 months before this recurrence. I'll be participating in a University of Chicago clinical study using a PARP Inhibitor along with Temozolomide (chemo). Scheduled to begin next week, the researchers are hoping it will benefit ovarian cancer along with other cancers and respond to BRCA 1 carriers. We'll see...I'll try to post results as I go thru this - never know, it may help someone else.

Take care all...congrats to all survivors.

Thank you. Linn
    I will be watching for your posts. Thank you for thinking of us and prayers for your part in the study.
    ((((Hugs))) Saundra
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • queenieb52
    queenieb52 Member Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    I so needed to read this positive statement! I am 3C ovarian cancer, just starting this journey. Have had 1 chemo, with 2nd treatment coming up next week. They said I did great my 'first week out'....no nausea, appetite is good...CBC was good first week..getting 2nd CBC today. Somedays thinking positive is so very hard...Thank you for the upolift! warm regards....Beth
  • special123
    special123 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    mopar said:

YAY!
    How wonderful! Nine-Year Stage 1C survivor here! Thanks for sharing.

Continued health, hugs and prayers!

Monika

staging
    Hey Mopar,
    I am also stage 1c. How long was it till you were in the clear and didn't need any further testing, or medical treatment? Did anyone ever give you any perecentages? I have read that at 20 years, survival rates drop to 80%, which is darn good, but I want 100%.

Special123
  • hanah7475
    hanah7475 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Thanks for the inspiration!
    I so needed to read this positive statement! I am 3C ovarian cancer, just starting this journey. Have had 1 chemo, with 2nd treatment coming up next week. They said I did great my 'first week out'....no nausea, appetite is good...CBC was good first week..getting 2nd CBC today. Somedays thinking positive is so very hard...Thank you for the upolift! warm regards....Beth

So how is it going?
    Hi Queenieb,
    I am new to this site. My name is Nancy. I was diagnosed with 3C in June and I am having my first chemo treatment Tuesday of this week. I have no idea what to expect, and frankly I am scared stiff. It is good to read that others have been survivors for a while. At this point, I am having trouble feeling optimistic. My life has taken such a whirlwind. I hope you are feeling well and your labs are looking good. Nancy
  • sweetp1950
    sweetp1950 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    hanah7475 said:

So how is it going?
    Hi Queenieb,
    I am new to this site. My name is Nancy. I was diagnosed with 3C in June and I am having my first chemo treatment Tuesday of this week. I have no idea what to expect, and frankly I am scared stiff. It is good to read that others have been survivors for a while. At this point, I am having trouble feeling optimistic. My life has taken such a whirlwind. I hope you are feeling well and your labs are looking good. Nancy

So how is it going?
    Hi Nancy, I was diagnosed in July after a major hysterectomy. I too have been frightned and my life has felt like it has been put on hold. I will be going for my 2nd opinion tomorrow so still a little scared. I have my family with me and this is helping alot. I am realizing that life has to go on. I pray alot and read the bible and inspirational quotes. I will pray for you if you would like. Hang in there and let me know how you are doing.

Hugs
    Sheila
  • sweetp1950
    sweetp1950 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Stage 3C diagnosed today,
    Hi,
    Congratulations, I have been diagnosed today as a 3C and was told that there is a 70% chance that my cancer will come back. I had a hysterectomy where most of it was removed, so I still have small tumors on bowells that require chemo for 6 visits. Can I please have your story?

Thank you,
    Sheila
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Options

Stage 3C diagnosed today,
    Hi,
    Congratulations, I have been diagnosed today as a 3C and was told that there is a 70% chance that my cancer will come back. I had a hysterectomy where most of it was removed, so I still have small tumors on bowells that require chemo for 6 visits. Can I please have your story?

Thank you,
    Sheila

What a Boost
    for all of us here. Way to go Jan! You have given us a reason to hope today. Congrats and many more cancer free years. Big hugs! Cindy