conned

Options
2»

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Fakes and the like
    I have been a member of the CSN Family since 2003, and the hoaxters/scammers/abusers among us are few and far between. Yes, we recently did have one in here, who wreaked emotional havoc by sucking us in and making us care about her plight. Alas, she turned out to be less than honest...and many felt that they could never be as open or trusting in here again. I dare say, "Time Heals All Wounds, and Wounds All Heels", and we have all but forgotten our trauma. We are, for the most part, a wonderful, supportive, empathetic FAMILY, who honestly care for and about each other. That bond reaches far beyond the temporary negative side-effects of dishonest ones, or those with a less than clear agenda.

Those who would prey on those of us battling the Beast are far sicker than any of us warrior-survivors are! They are almost ( but not quite) deserving of pity. I know it is unlikely I ever would have come to CSN had the Beast not visited me~ I cannot imagine coming in here for nefarious reasons!

Think of the advice we give our children regarding the Internet, and act accordingly! The beauty and the danger of the Internet is the same: We are anonymous!

Should you be concerned about a post, send your concerns to the webmaster. It will be looked into, and if need be, the offender's account will be deleted.

By all means, DO NOT let the meaness of a tiny minority of ill people stop you from being part of this amazing group of Kindred Spirits!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Fakes and the like
    I have been a member of the CSN Family since 2003, and the hoaxters/scammers/abusers among us are few and far between. Yes, we recently did have one in here, who wreaked emotional havoc by sucking us in and making us care about her plight. Alas, she turned out to be less than honest...and many felt that they could never be as open or trusting in here again. I dare say, "Time Heals All Wounds, and Wounds All Heels", and we have all but forgotten our trauma. We are, for the most part, a wonderful, supportive, empathetic FAMILY, who honestly care for and about each other. That bond reaches far beyond the temporary negative side-effects of dishonest ones, or those with a less than clear agenda.

Those who would prey on those of us battling the Beast are far sicker than any of us warrior-survivors are! They are almost ( but not quite) deserving of pity. I know it is unlikely I ever would have come to CSN had the Beast not visited me~ I cannot imagine coming in here for nefarious reasons!

Think of the advice we give our children regarding the Internet, and act accordingly! The beauty and the danger of the Internet is the same: We are anonymous!

Should you be concerned about a post, send your concerns to the webmaster. It will be looked into, and if need be, the offender's account will be deleted.

By all means, DO NOT let the meaness of a tiny minority of ill people stop you from being part of this amazing group of Kindred Spirits!

Hugs,
    Claudia

As always and ever...
    Our beloved Kindred Spirit lifts us all with her eloquently heartfelt words of wisdom.

Thank you, dear Claudia.

Kind regards, 12/25
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Fakes and the like

Hugs,
    Claudia

yes thank you Claudia
    As Susan said, so well put it needed to be sent twice.
    thank you 50 footer/warrior woman.
    Cat
  • j916
    j916 Member Posts: 141
    Options
    rjjj said:

yes
    Some of us were conned pretty good awhile back. but it was discovered. If you think someone has done this contact the CSN and report it. They will investigate.

HOW
    how was it discovered?