Options
2»

Comments

• tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Thanks I see my onc on
    Thanks I see my onc on Friday, I can wait and ask before I do anything, Its not to bad, it's just, I don't feel right. Odd habits die hard I guess. The deodorant Toms of maine or crystal where do you buy this. I have never heard of this deodorant.

Tom's
    I got my tom's at Sweet Bay, it works really well, and the price is reasonable. Good idea to wait till you see your oncologist before using anything.
    Take Care of Yourself
    Tjhay
  • ahoyland
    ahoyland Member Posts: 4
    Options
    arm pit
    When I was healed, I was told not to use anti-perperant, deoderant was ok. I have found that powder works the best, I use Gold Bond. I too have "cording" in my armpit, it has been 3 1/2 years and it is still there and does hurt at times, it just gets stiff if I over due it. Stretching is so important. I also had what my surgeon thinks was a blood clot that ran from my rib cage down to my hip bone. ( I could see what looked like a cord if I stretched) He said it happens from the radiation, scarring and such. Has anyone else experience this? He said not to worry as they usually dissolve, and it did after several weeks. The strange things we have to figure out with our bodies, and the crazy things the doctors do to us. Good luck to all of you new to these changes, but know there are better days ahead.

Take care, Pam
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    ahoyland said:

arm pit
    When I was healed, I was told not to use anti-perperant, deoderant was ok. I have found that powder works the best, I use Gold Bond. I too have "cording" in my armpit, it has been 3 1/2 years and it is still there and does hurt at times, it just gets stiff if I over due it. Stretching is so important. I also had what my surgeon thinks was a blood clot that ran from my rib cage down to my hip bone. ( I could see what looked like a cord if I stretched) He said it happens from the radiation, scarring and such. Has anyone else experience this? He said not to worry as they usually dissolve, and it did after several weeks. The strange things we have to figure out with our bodies, and the crazy things the doctors do to us. Good luck to all of you new to these changes, but know there are better days ahead.

Take care, Pam

My oncologist and surgeon
    My oncologist and surgeon said to use nothing. So, I didn't. And after radiation, I had no sweating there. So, no need for anything. But, I still use an antiperspirant. lol Best of luck to you Kat!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    You probably should call
    You probably should call your surgeon or oncologist and ask them what you can or cannot use. I am sure they will get right back with you and let you know.