inflamed granulation tissue

Options
jane65
jane65 Member Posts: 277
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Good morning ladies,
In April I saw my GYN and he thought he saw abnormal tissue in my vagina, and was concerned it might be a spread of my OVCA. He took biopsies and thankfully the report came back as inflamed granulation tissue.

Since then I've had a pinkish discharge, I'm seeing him next week and will discuss how he can treat it. I've read about sulfa treatments, or cauterizing the area.

My question to you is, I know that the CA125 is affected by inflammation, can that be the reason for it going up a few points over the past 3 months? Maybe I'm just clutching at straws, but my last CT scan was clear.

I'm having my CA repeated on Monday, and based on the results, we'll be discussing putting me back on chemo. I'd hate to do that if the rise in the CA is due to inflammation.

I'd appreciate any thought, on this.

Thanks, and have a pleasant day.
Jane

Comments

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    GLAD TO HEAR
    Hi Jane:

Glad to hear that this is inflammed tissue and not cancer. You must be so relieved. Nontheless, I know this must be uncomfortable, if my experience is any idea of what you're going through. I don't have 'inflammation'. But I do have EXTREME dryness and atrophy. It is so bad that my pap tests will now come back as 'sample is unsuitable for testing'. My doctor says it will always be that way. I have tried everything. But it can sometimes be painful, or very uncomfortable to say the least.

To answer your question, YES. Inflammation can cause a rise in CA125. There's no doubt about that. And since your test came back clear and your CT scan is clear also, I would say that's a big reason to do the HAPPY DANCE!

Let us know if you find relief. Sending hugs and prayers your way!

Monika
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Inflamation
    Yes, inflamation can make the CA-125 rise. My doctors look at the CT scan and physical exam in addition to the blood test. If two have indications then they take it more seriously. Saundra