Does my daughter have cancer?

Options
2»

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

I took her to the doctor
    I took her to the doctor yesterday. They took some blood, to run some tests. I am not familiar with this. I don't know what tests.

The doctor was concerned about her just being anorexic, as in anorexia nervosa. However, she herself is concerned about her weight. I have known anorexic people who were obsessed with being thin. My daughter is not like that. She's actually worried. She has lost 26 pounds in a few months. She was thin to begin with.

I talked to someone at the epilepsy center (Not her doctor, he takes more vacations than anyone I have ever heard of.). She told me that the only symptom of my daughter's that could be a side effect of her medication is alack of appetite. Not the burning pain in her bones, night sweats, extreme lethargy, nausea, or nipple discharge.

How long should the lab results take?

Hopefully not long and I'm
    Hopefully not long and I'm hoping your doctor put a super rush request on it. If it's done at the hospital, the results should be in within a few hours. I'm hoping it's not bc but maybe an infection that can be cleared with anitbiotics. Please keep us posted. Hugs, Lili