3 day working week...........whew!

tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I did it...I finally broached the subject of working a bit less now that things are getting quieter at work, and Jamie is arriving this Sunday Woohooooo!. Anyway, they were just great about it and said they had also been thinking...."I Said, Oh, You're sacking me?...I'll get me coat...LOL"
She said NOWAY, and that she knew it was right for me to spend time with my son, if I didn't want to spend the time with him she'd have to slap me upside the head. Anyway it worked out just great.
Sooooo as from next week I'll be working 3 days instead of 5 and probably get home earlier too....
And I can take Jamie with me and put the little bugger to work for a day here and there. Chuck reckons he can cope with him for the rest of the time......WHEW!

I seem to have had all my balls in the air for so long.....now I feel relieved. Soooooo Relieved. Eneryone is happy....

Huge Sigh!

Hugs to you all Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Awesome, fabulous news, J !!!
    ALL IS GOOD! Great news, all around! So glad that EVERYONE is happy, especially YOU! :-)

    Jamie will arrive very soon. House tidied, in order? His sleeping quarters set up? His favorites foods stocked in the kitchen?

    You've got the perfect job, don't you? Was meant to be...

    And, Chuck's cooperating.

    WOW.

    Thanks for sharing, J.

    Kind regards, Susan
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Tash
    Get your balls out of the Air!!!!!!!!!!lol. I hope you have a wondefull summer with Jamie. I bet you can't wait for Sunday to arrive. That is cool that you can take him to work too, maybe he has inherited his mom's talents! I am happy you are happy.
    hugs, jackie
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    rjjj said:

    Tash
    Get your balls out of the Air!!!!!!!!!!lol. I hope you have a wondefull summer with Jamie. I bet you can't wait for Sunday to arrive. That is cool that you can take him to work too, maybe he has inherited his mom's talents! I am happy you are happy.
    hugs, jackie

    At Last
    I can relax..........Thank you all so much for all of this..........I can't wait to see him, you're right. I'll cry when I do......what is it about airports?

    Is it because they call them 'Terminals'?

    Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    tasha_111 said:

    At Last
    I can relax..........Thank you all so much for all of this..........I can't wait to see him, you're right. I'll cry when I do......what is it about airports?

    Is it because they call them 'Terminals'?

    Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx

    You are truly something
    You are truly something else... Tasha... I hope you have tons of fun with your son... I know you will.. and what a time he will have with you!!! Enjoy.. I will be thinking of you on Sunday... we'll just call that happy dance day... (with the drain tube .. probably not the brightest idea).. but happy just the same

    ~T
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    taleena said:

    You are truly something
    You are truly something else... Tasha... I hope you have tons of fun with your son... I know you will.. and what a time he will have with you!!! Enjoy.. I will be thinking of you on Sunday... we'll just call that happy dance day... (with the drain tube .. probably not the brightest idea).. but happy just the same

    ~T

    taleena...
    J's fun and creative posts, in particular, would be great to share with your Pumpkin.

    Just a thought... :-)

    Kind regards, Susan
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member

    taleena...
    J's fun and creative posts, in particular, would be great to share with your Pumpkin.

    Just a thought... :-)

    Kind regards, Susan

    Your right Susan.. they
    Your right Susan.. they would be good ones.. thanks oh and by the way.. as soon as this tube comes out we are going shopping.. going to see if we can find some pink paper.. journal... post it notes.. but specially a little pink box... where we can put them.

    Thanks.. for more than you know..

    ~T
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    You are so lucky to have
    You are so lucky to have such an understanding boss. And I'll bet you're not going to miss those 2 days. You sound happy J and I can't say just how wonderful that is. This is indeed a bright era that will keep you going for a long time. Can't wait for your son to get here, you are just going to be beside yourself. Hope you all have a hoot!!

    hugs
    jan
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613

    You are so lucky to have
    You are so lucky to have such an understanding boss. And I'll bet you're not going to miss those 2 days. You sound happy J and I can't say just how wonderful that is. This is indeed a bright era that will keep you going for a long time. Can't wait for your son to get here, you are just going to be beside yourself. Hope you all have a hoot!!

    hugs
    jan

    Have a great time this

    Have a great time this summer wih your son! I'm so glad that your work situation worked out so you could cut back while he's here.

    Joyce
  • jgridley
    jgridley Member Posts: 169
    way to go j
    that is awesome..sometimes I wish I could only work part time, but not possible financially. Glad that your happy.... and I will be thinking of you on sunday...

    take care
    Julie
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    Yeah!
    Sounds good to me, J. An enjoyable job THREE days a week, the summer with your son. What more can you ask for? Have the best time and let us know all the great things you guys will be doing.

    Mimi
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Glad that
    everything is working out! And your employers must just really appreciate you and the work that you do.
    Enjoy your time with your son as I know you will!!
    Love,Patty
  • clsmith
    clsmith Member Posts: 76
    Tasha
    Have a great time with your son. I know you will. I probably shouldnt be in the breast cancer since I have lung, but I want to wish you a great time.

    Take care

    Cindy
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    clsmith said:

    Tasha
    Have a great time with your son. I know you will. I probably shouldnt be in the breast cancer since I have lung, but I want to wish you a great time.

    Take care

    Cindy

    Cindy....
    And all of you.......Thank you so much!

    Hey it was almost (I did say almost) worth getting the dreaded disease in order to meet all of you wonderful people. Huge Hugs and Sloppy Kisses...Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Tasha
    Give your Jamie a big hug from all of us and let him know how much you brighten our lives here. Have a wonderful summer with him and yes, put him to work, it's good for him!
    I will certainly understand if we don't hear from you the first few days! But please, keep us posted (and throw in a joke here and there too!)
    You can now put one of those balls away
    Have a great time!
    Cat
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    tasha_111 said:

    Cindy....
    And all of you.......Thank you so much!

    Hey it was almost (I did say almost) worth getting the dreaded disease in order to meet all of you wonderful people. Huge Hugs and Sloppy Kisses...Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Darn right!!
    Darn right it was worth it!! at least for me anyway. I will take all the positives from this I can get because I'm betting if I look hard enough I will find that more good than not came out of this experience!! Enjoy your summer with your son, you absolutely deserve it! :) Pammy