Options
2»

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    tcteach said:

On the Ativan bandwagon...
    I was an anxiety-filled mess this week, waiting for Oncotype results. My doctor put me on Ativan and I have slept like a baby since. I would definitely ask about it!

Tricia :)

Hi T!
    Hey T! Can't sleep, huh? My doctor gave me sleeping pills or kind of a

nerve pill, I think. It works great! It puts you in that deep REM sleep or something and I

don't wake up groggy. Call you doctor and get something! You need sleep! Love, Jeanne
  • jgridley
    jgridley Member Posts: 169
    Options
    T
    I dont have any suggestions sorry...I have restless leg syndrome, so that little pill helped me sleep after surgery....

did you try hot tea or warm milk? hope you feel better soon

Julie
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    tcteach said:

On the Ativan bandwagon...
    I was an anxiety-filled mess this week, waiting for Oncotype results. My doctor put me on Ativan and I have slept like a baby since. I would definitely ask about it!

Tricia :)

Could be a stupid question
    Could be a stupid question here. What is Oncotype ? I also saw a result pending for me call fish, Whats that all about ?
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    I had a terrible time with

I had a terrible time with pain medications, no matter what my doctor prescribed. The best thing for me was to get off the high-powered pain medications and take Advil or extra-strength Tylenol, if I could tolerate the pain. It really was amazing to me how much Advil helps. If you can go to Advil or Tylenol, you can use benedryl to help make you drowsy.

Joyce
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    jk1952 said:

I had a terrible time with

I had a terrible time with pain medications, no matter what my doctor prescribed. The best thing for me was to get off the high-powered pain medications and take Advil or extra-strength Tylenol, if I could tolerate the pain. It really was amazing to me how much Advil helps. If you can go to Advil or Tylenol, you can use benedryl to help make you drowsy.

Joyce

My oncologist prescribed
    My oncologist prescribed sleeping pills for me. He realized that I needed some sleep and I wasn't getting any. He is more intuitive than I ever thought. So, I am on drugs..lol Call your doctor, see what he can do for you. You need your sleep.