Options
13»

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Uvrae, I just wanted to say
    Uvrae, I just wanted to say how beautiful you look in your picture!

I second that Kylez
    what a nice pic. if i looked like that i wouldn't care if i had hair! lol.
    hugs, jackie
  • uvrae
    uvrae Member Posts: 7
    Options
    rjjj said:

I second that Kylez
    what a nice pic. if i looked like that i wouldn't care if i had hair! lol.
    hugs, jackie

Thank you
    Thank you so much. I hid behind hats and wigs for awhile but decided it is what it is. I never dreamed I would be running around bald in public. I believe exact words were "I Would Never". LOL A few hot flashes and you get over that real quick :) Thanks Again RaeAnn
  • joannem65
    joannem65 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    It comes back Beautiful!
    I have a fulll head of hair 6 mo. post chemo (Cytoxan, Taxotere). Finished my cheom 11/08 will finish the Herceptin 9/09.
    I shaved all my hair off day 12 post first chemo... when the "fall-out" began by the thousands. I had to take control and I did. I wore a wig, baseball cap, silly knit caps, scarves and nothing....just depended on my mood and phase of hot-flashes!!
    When it came in... I had fishing line too... totally clear/white/gray...platinum whatever you call it. When it got 1/2" long I bought a cheap bottle of Clairol and covered the Platinum... you know it's more valuable than Gold : )
    Once it got to about 1" long -- I could see my normal "brownish/Platinum" coming in and I was oh so glad to see mousey brown... but to my amazement it had CURL..... it was previously Poker Straight...

I got my first "hair-cut" 2 wks ago -- I took in a picture of JamieLee Curtis and asked Lisa if she could shape my hair like Jamie's... she said sure... I left feeling like a million bucks.. : ) Somedays, I spike it with gel other days I towel dry it and just shape the curls as it dries... I love it both was. Either way I win... it's EASY!
    Enjoy it -- It will come in full, thick and beautiful. Maybe I appreciate it more because it had been gone all winter long.
    Hugs - Joannem65
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    joannem65 said:

It comes back Beautiful!
    I have a fulll head of hair 6 mo. post chemo (Cytoxan, Taxotere). Finished my cheom 11/08 will finish the Herceptin 9/09.
    I shaved all my hair off day 12 post first chemo... when the "fall-out" began by the thousands. I had to take control and I did. I wore a wig, baseball cap, silly knit caps, scarves and nothing....just depended on my mood and phase of hot-flashes!!
    When it came in... I had fishing line too... totally clear/white/gray...platinum whatever you call it. When it got 1/2" long I bought a cheap bottle of Clairol and covered the Platinum... you know it's more valuable than Gold : )
    Once it got to about 1" long -- I could see my normal "brownish/Platinum" coming in and I was oh so glad to see mousey brown... but to my amazement it had CURL..... it was previously Poker Straight...

I got my first "hair-cut" 2 wks ago -- I took in a picture of JamieLee Curtis and asked Lisa if she could shape my hair like Jamie's... she said sure... I left feeling like a million bucks.. : ) Somedays, I spike it with gel other days I towel dry it and just shape the curls as it dries... I love it both was. Either way I win... it's EASY!
    Enjoy it -- It will come in full, thick and beautiful. Maybe I appreciate it more because it had been gone all winter long.
    Hugs - Joannem65

You look great Joanne! And,
    You look great Joanne! And, you do have beautiful thick hair! So happy for you!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    uvrae said:

Thank you
    Thank you so much. I hid behind hats and wigs for awhile but decided it is what it is. I never dreamed I would be running around bald in public. I believe exact words were "I Would Never". LOL A few hot flashes and you get over that real quick :) Thanks Again RaeAnn

You do look great RaeAnn!

You do look great RaeAnn!