Interesting study involving ginger at ASCO meeting...

Options
mono5
mono5 Member Posts: 94
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thirty thousand experts gathered in Orlando for the 45th annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). This is the largest and most important gathering of international scientists on cancer treatment. It was noteworthy that a top story to emerge from this year's ASCO meeting concerned the power of ginger (Zingiber officinale) to prevent chemotherapy-related nausea.
http://www.cancerdecisions.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=209&Itemid=2

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Someone on here posted
    Someone on here posted something about ginger helping with nausea. It is great that something natural can be taken to help with it. Thanks for this mono5!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Someone on here posted
    Someone on here posted something about ginger helping with nausea. It is great that something natural can be taken to help with it. Thanks for this mono5!

Ginger is a natural
    Ginger is a natural anti-nausea property, and can be either taken orally by grating the raw ginger root and making a hot tea, or I just use ginger-ale over ice. Both ways it relieves nausea quickly. Hope this helps. Hugs.

Judy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    ginger
    Thanks. I used ginger candies and gingerale for nausea during chemo.

Mimi
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Ginger is a natural
    Ginger is a natural anti-nausea property, and can be either taken orally by grating the raw ginger root and making a hot tea, or I just use ginger-ale over ice. Both ways it relieves nausea quickly. Hope this helps. Hugs.

Judy

GINGER............
    Read a huge article about ginger two weeks ago.......I am taking it before my first chemo on Monday.......but.........It has to be REAL ginger root extraction capsules or the ginger root itself.....article says that ginger ales, contain ARTIFICAL flavoring and not real ginger....interesting since I have always used ginger ale for upset stomach, it seemed to work okay........But I bought ginger root extract capsules........will let you know if they work........
    nancy
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MAJW said:

GINGER............
    Read a huge article about ginger two weeks ago.......I am taking it before my first chemo on Monday.......but.........It has to be REAL ginger root extraction capsules or the ginger root itself.....article says that ginger ales, contain ARTIFICAL flavoring and not real ginger....interesting since I have always used ginger ale for upset stomach, it seemed to work okay........But I bought ginger root extract capsules........will let you know if they work........
    nancy

Good luck!
    Good luck with the ginger MAJW. From what I have read, it does help with the nausea.