Options
2»

Comments

• tonja032
    tonja032 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    taleena said:

Just as an FYI, January 1,
    Just as an FYI, January 1, 2009 congress passed a new section on the disabilities act. Cancer has been classified as a disability and therefore your employer must make reasonable accomodations for you. I am pasting a the following link... It has a lot of information on this topic. Even if your doctor says your ready to return to work, the stress (emotional) of the cancer, is part of having it, had it, being treated or have been treated for. Check it out I am sure you may find it helpful. Just copy and paste it to your browser.

Good Luck..

~T
    http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/cancer.html

Thank you, I will definetly
    Thank you, I will definetly be looking on that site. Thank you
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    taleena said:

Just as an FYI, January 1, 2009 congress passed a new section on the disabilities act. Cancer has been classified as a disability and therefore your employer must make reasonable accomodations for you. I am pasting a the following link... It has a lot of information on this topic. Even if your doctor says your ready to return to work, the stress (emotional) of the cancer, is part of having it, had it, being treated or have been treated for. Check it out I am sure you may find it helpful. Just copy and paste it to your browser.

Good Luck..

~T

THANKS TALEENA...
    Thanks for the site, I will check it out. What happened to your pic? I thought that was a good one! :) Pammy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Welcome jeffjanet.......
    LOL, you slipped in under my radar, or I would have said welcome to you sooner!

Glad you found us!

CR

I'll join Cindy/CR...
    And welcome you, jeffjanet - though sorry for the reason you're here. You found the right group - we all support and encourage each other.

Best wishes to you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Good Luck..

~T

Thanks for this Taleena!
    Thanks for this Taleena! And, where is your pic?
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Thanks for this Taleena!
    Thanks for this Taleena! And, where is your pic?

Picture... well.... actually
    Picture... well.... actually one day last week when I was feeling pretty low, I was going to delete my account... (then I realized I was on the pitty pot, got mad and told myself to get off of it before I flushed)... see T run... see T run away... then I had to admit that I could not make it through this without all of you!

As far as the site goes... YOUR WELCOME... KNOWLEDGE IS POWER... I BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE ENOUGH ON OUR PLATE TO DEAL WITH SO RESEARCH I DID...
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    jeffjanet said:

advise
    I had a mascetomy on my right breast and all my lympnods removed and was told that i can't lift over 20 pounds. I took a medical leave of absence for 2 months for surgery and to do chemo I wanted to see if I could work while on chemo treatments. I couldn't do it I was tiered alotand I was so afraid that i would forget and lift things I do it now thank god my hubby and family watch me like a hawk to make sure i don't lift . I ended up filling for disability.check with your work take a medical leave of absence.that way u can see how u are going to feel then u can decide what would be best for u.

Welcome jeffjanet!
    I welcome you to our support group here. I look forward to getting to know you more. As for the work thing I think the DR. should ask us when we are ready to go back. That is what my DR. did wrote me a note, but asked me to tell him what i wanted it to say!
    God Bless, Jackie