We missed you!!!!

Joyce

Thank ya
    Thanks...........Joyce........hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Are you all OK with me?.... I hope so, I'm sorry I got us rapped on the knuckles by Big Brother, I feel like a naughty schoolgirl: :"If nobody owns up to this, you'll all stay behind after class!"
    The truth of this matter needs an explaination.... A new poster came in and was all God this, God that, The lord will........My Faith, Trust in the lord.......etc etc. It just hosed me off that people feel they can ram this religious claptrap down everyone's throat. I am NOT a disbeliever, BUT I don't think it's right to preach unless you are in the pulpit and your audience is attending willingly. Hence the pic. Or I would have laced into her big style. I am not very tolerant and I don't take any prisoners....Eh Cat? Anyway....Next time I'll post a Pic of the WHOLE CHURCH!... Let's see how offensive THEY find THAT!

Hugs to you all Jxxxxxx

Heehee....
    Amen to that...lol!

Seriously, glad you are back with us. Missed you kiddo!

CR
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Thank ya

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yay, you're back. I'm sooooooooooo happy. You, my love , are one of US -- to heck with the censors. WE love you. Maybe we're all just bad girls at heart.....or maybe we've all just gotten to the point where we just don't take anything that seriously, and we find humor in more things than most.

I am just so happy you're back, oh Turquoise One.

Just another ODS (old daft sod),
    Debi
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Are you all OK with me?.... I hope so, I'm sorry I got us rapped on the knuckles by Big Brother, I feel like a naughty schoolgirl: :"If nobody owns up to this, you'll all stay behind after class!"
    The truth of this matter needs an explaination.... A new poster came in and was all God this, God that, The lord will........My Faith, Trust in the lord.......etc etc. It just hosed me off that people feel they can ram this religious claptrap down everyone's throat. I am NOT a disbeliever, BUT I don't think it's right to preach unless you are in the pulpit and your audience is attending willingly. Hence the pic. Or I would have laced into her big style. I am not very tolerant and I don't take any prisoners....Eh Cat? Anyway....Next time I'll post a Pic of the WHOLE CHURCH!... Let's see how offensive THEY find THAT!

Hugs to you all Jxxxxxx

Tasha Tasha Tasha
    I have been out of town for five days and the s___ really hit the fan didn't it? Do not blame yourself, and post whatever you feel like. I believe I may have also been the culprit here because my booby pic disappeared at the same time. We are all so caught up in our diagnosis, recovery, etc. that the humor helps alot. The CSN staff has to obviously take into consideration the "sensitivity" of some who cannot take a joke or see humor in fallen boobies, church windows (I do stained glass, I could make that), or maybe even bananas. It is silly that we all have to suffer for the few, but doesn't that just reflect our society as a whole right now?? I know that may sound a little political here, but coming back to see this whole fiasco blow up over some harmless jokes kinda gets my goat. We need all the jokes, cheer, funny pics, bitching in general while we travel through this wonderful bc journey, we will now have to do it a little differently. We will not be cowed by the few.
    Cat
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Tasha Tasha Tasha
    I have been out of town for five days and the s___ really hit the fan didn't it? Do not blame yourself, and post whatever you feel like. I believe I may have also been the culprit here because my booby pic disappeared at the same time. We are all so caught up in our diagnosis, recovery, etc. that the humor helps alot. The CSN staff has to obviously take into consideration the "sensitivity" of some who cannot take a joke or see humor in fallen boobies, church windows (I do stained glass, I could make that), or maybe even bananas. It is silly that we all have to suffer for the few, but doesn't that just reflect our society as a whole right now?? I know that may sound a little political here, but coming back to see this whole fiasco blow up over some harmless jokes kinda gets my goat. We need all the jokes, cheer, funny pics, bitching in general while we travel through this wonderful bc journey, we will now have to do it a little differently. We will not be cowed by the few.
    Cat

Exactly, Cat
    With you 100% Cat, and welcome back to you as well. Tash knows we love her just the way she is (right, Tash?).

Glad I don't have to try to say "daft sod" aloud. My southern American tongue is stumbling badly. Shouldn't there be an r in there somehere? But, I hope it's not too late to join the club!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Exactly, Cat
    With you 100% Cat, and welcome back to you as well. Tash knows we love her just the way she is (right, Tash?).

Glad I don't have to try to say "daft sod" aloud. My southern American tongue is stumbling badly. Shouldn't there be an r in there somehere? But, I hope it's not too late to join the club!

thanks Moopy
    I was in Cambria (little city on the coast) with my high school buddies, we got together when we all turned 50, and this year we are all turning 53, I kinda stopped the last couple of get togethers with my little problem. Had a wonderful time, and can't wait to go again!
    If I say daft sod do I get to join the club too Susan?

Cat
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

thanks Moopy
    I was in Cambria (little city on the coast) with my high school buddies, we got together when we all turned 50, and this year we are all turning 53, I kinda stopped the last couple of get togethers with my little problem. Had a wonderful time, and can't wait to go again!
    If I say daft sod do I get to join the club too Susan?

Cat

2 NEW MEMBERS of The Daft Sod Club!
    Woo Hoo! Moopy and Cat - by simply including "daft sod" within your posts, you're in! (Yep, membership is then automatic.)

Note to J, our esteemed leader of the club: members total now in double digits = 11 strong!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

You Daft Sod!
    I luv Ya! Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

welcome back tasha!

welcome back tasha!
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yay, you're back. I'm sooooooooooo happy. You, my love , are one of US -- to heck with the censors. WE love you. Maybe we're all just bad girls at heart.....or maybe we've all just gotten to the point where we just don't take anything that seriously, and we find humor in more things than most.

I am just so happy you're back, oh Turquoise One.

Just another ODS (old daft sod),
    Debi

Daft sod club
    Hey ... what does it take to be part of the daft sod club? Debi said she is just another ODS (old daft sod) ... but hey ... I could be the ADS (ancient daft sod) of the group ... if y'all tell me what it takes to join. Is there a secret pledge you need to take ... and even more important ... are refreshments served at the meetings?

hugs.
    teena
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    tgf said:

Daft sod club
    Hey ... what does it take to be part of the daft sod club? Debi said she is just another ODS (old daft sod) ... but hey ... I could be the ADS (ancient daft sod) of the group ... if y'all tell me what it takes to join. Is there a secret pledge you need to take ... and even more important ... are refreshments served at the meetings?

hugs.
    teena

How about a definition?
    I still don't know what a "daft sod" is? Can anyone explain? Thanks!! :) Pammy
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Thank ya

Nice picture,
    Tasha!
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

How about a definition?
    I still don't know what a "daft sod" is? Can anyone explain? Thanks!! :) Pammy

The Daft Sod Club
    Any poster who uses DAFT SOD within a "comment" automatically becomes a member of The Club. Therefore, now including both teena and Pammy - we are 13 members! (Lucky 13?)

DAFT - definition: silly, foolish, crazy.
    SOD - definition (British vulgar slang): an unpleasant or obnoxious person.

Both definitions via my online dictionary.

Kind regards, Susan
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

Nice picture,
    Tasha!

Tasha
    Thanks for the new pic. I couldn't see you hiding behind in the group! I like your picture and glad you are back with your fun-loving spirit intact! luv, jackie
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Daft sod
    It's strange. I had a comment on this thread and it's been deleted. Did someone not want me in the daft sod club? LOL

Daft sod, daft sod, daft sod, daft sod. There that should get me in.

What do you think Tash?

Jadie
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Options
    Tasha!!
    Good grief! Every time I am off the boards for a few days, something happens. I guess I will just have to faithfully check in every day from now on so I don't miss anything. You ladies make me smile no matter what and forget for a short time about whatever is bothering me that day. Glad that you are back posting Tasha. And glad that all of you still have your sense of humor. I agree, sometimes we over police things to the point that the rules matter more than the person. Keep on...Cindy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Cindy54 said:

Tasha!!
    Good grief! Every time I am off the boards for a few days, something happens. I guess I will just have to faithfully check in every day from now on so I don't miss anything. You ladies make me smile no matter what and forget for a short time about whatever is bothering me that day. Glad that you are back posting Tasha. And glad that all of you still have your sense of humor. I agree, sometimes we over police things to the point that the rules matter more than the person. Keep on...Cindy

Tasha,
    Glad you are back. I

Tasha,
    Glad you are back. I love your sense of humor. Don't ever lose it, we need it. I think that you being the president of the Daft Sod club is perfect. I know what it supposed to mean but think about it another way. Daft = crazy Sod = soil, grass and you are the queen of plants so it works on several levels. And many, many of the other garden also, so you are all crazy dirt ladies and gents as well. Now having said that I want to join but I don't garden. I love gardens and the outdoors but not the work or relaxation of it (cause for me it's not relaxing). I have always kidded my husband (who does love to garden) that if he goes first, the big cement truck is coming in and the backyard will look like a parking lot. Of course, I will use artifical plants that I can just go out and hose down every so often and I will put in sprayers to create the smell of a lovely garden. Heck, I will even take the fresh organic veggies I buy at the farmer's market and put the bag in the yard and go out and pick them. So here goes DAFT SOD I AM, DAFT SOD I BE, PLEASE LET ME JOIN I BEG OF THEE.
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    fauxma said:

Tasha,
    Glad you are back. I

Tasha,
    Glad you are back. I love your sense of humor. Don't ever lose it, we need it. I think that you being the president of the Daft Sod club is perfect. I know what it supposed to mean but think about it another way. Daft = crazy Sod = soil, grass and you are the queen of plants so it works on several levels. And many, many of the other garden also, so you are all crazy dirt ladies and gents as well. Now having said that I want to join but I don't garden. I love gardens and the outdoors but not the work or relaxation of it (cause for me it's not relaxing). I have always kidded my husband (who does love to garden) that if he goes first, the big cement truck is coming in and the backyard will look like a parking lot. Of course, I will use artifical plants that I can just go out and hose down every so often and I will put in sprayers to create the smell of a lovely garden. Heck, I will even take the fresh organic veggies I buy at the farmer's market and put the bag in the yard and go out and pick them. So here goes DAFT SOD I AM, DAFT SOD I BE, PLEASE LET ME JOIN I BEG OF THEE.
    Stef

Jadie & Stef/fauxma...
    Welcome to THE DAFT SOD CLUB! Including both of you, we are now 15 - FIFTEEN! - members total.

Tasha/Julia is our esteemed leader - OK, President, whatever...

I'm the totally unofficial secretary, keeping a head count of members; but, without names.

Hmmm... Maybe I should start a separate thread, for all to see, in order to recruit even more members?

Kind regards, Susan
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

Jadie & Stef/fauxma...
    Welcome to THE DAFT SOD CLUB! Including both of you, we are now 15 - FIFTEEN! - members total.

Tasha/Julia is our esteemed leader - OK, President, whatever...

I'm the totally unofficial secretary, keeping a head count of members; but, without names.

Hmmm... Maybe I should start a separate thread, for all to see, in order to recruit even more members?

Kind regards, Susan

Wow!
    A whole bunch of Daft Sods!.. This is really impressive.
    English slang is right.. Daft = Dozy, Not 'getting it', gormless, a few bricks short of a load...etc etc. and Sod is like just a word we use: Sod this for a game of soldiers, sod off, Sod it..It's a bit like bugger.

Mainly we use the term to let someone know that they are funny (Ha Ha not peculiar)

Welcome all of you Daft Sods.LOL...Meant in the nicest possible way of course. Huge Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Wow!
    English slang is right.. Daft = Dozy, Not 'getting it', gormless, a few bricks short of a load...etc etc. and Sod is like just a word we use: Sod this for a game of soldiers, sod off, Sod it..It's a bit like bugger.

Mainly we use the term to let someone know that they are funny (Ha Ha not peculiar)

Welcome all of you Daft Sods.LOL...Meant in the nicest possible way of course. Huge Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, J...
    Our self-proclaimed Daft Sod-ness amongst willing and enthusiastic members IS meant in the nicest possible way, of course. With a great deal of affection, and in your honor.

So typical of us, eh? To turn something negative upside down and into a positive? We're really good at that around here, aren't we?

:-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Wow!

tasha111
    hay tashaaaaaaaaaaaaa hugs to my sister in pink or turquoise. please stay just as you are.injoy your son I hope he know just how special his mother is and how special he is as well