Options
2»

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    tcteach said:

No margaritas :(
    I am supposed to start chemo on the 17th, so of course I have been invited to a Margarita Night at a friends house on the 24th. This tequila lover will have to go virgin! Boo hoo

Thanks everyone for sharing.....
    I guess if they tell me "no", then so be it.....If they tell me it's ok, I'll consider it a bonus. Right now I am forcing 8 glasses of water in me (have to leave in 5 hours for hospital) since I will be getting my PET/CT scan this A.M......why is it I have NOOOOO problem downing 8 beers in an evening, but I feel like I am about to float away on this water? I was never a big (plain) water drinker anyway. Now that I have to force it, it almost seems impossible to do!!! Arghhhhhh.......:) Pammy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks everyone for sharing.....
    I guess if they tell me "no", then so be it.....If they tell me it's ok, I'll consider it a bonus. Right now I am forcing 8 glasses of water in me (have to leave in 5 hours for hospital) since I will be getting my PET/CT scan this A.M......why is it I have NOOOOO problem downing 8 beers in an evening, but I feel like I am about to float away on this water? I was never a big (plain) water drinker anyway. Now that I have to force it, it almost seems impossible to do!!! Arghhhhhh.......:) Pammy

All I know is: 5 weeks post
    All I know is: 5 weeks post surgery I did my first Relay for Life...my sister and her hubby drove 400 miles to participate with me. We celebrated that night by sharing a bottle of wine AND I sat in a hot tub ( no one told me other wise! ) I suppose ignorance is sometimes bliss!

I have done just what I wanted to when I wanted to...I have NOT been drunk, but chemo never stopped me from having a glass of wine. Perhaps its cuz my oncoDoc never said I should or shouldn't~ and I just never asked! I figured that if there were guidelines he would have told me.....

Point is~ I am going on 7 years cancer free~ though I had a 3cm tumour stage 2B ( just shy of stage3) and lymphnode involvement. My now bored friend here on the boards :-) also know I do 6-8 miles 3X a week, am about to do my 2nd half marathon, and I do jazzercise 3 nights a week. Oh yeah, I still drink wine and I will be 60 in 2 months!

So I dunno what any of us should do, except LIVE....for as long and happily as we can. That's what I'm doing, anyway.

Hugs,
    Claudia (though I did and still drink water all day long...have never stopped since chemo!)
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    chenheart said:

All I know is: 5 weeks post
    All I know is: 5 weeks post surgery I did my first Relay for Life...my sister and her hubby drove 400 miles to participate with me. We celebrated that night by sharing a bottle of wine AND I sat in a hot tub ( no one told me other wise! ) I suppose ignorance is sometimes bliss!

I have done just what I wanted to when I wanted to...I have NOT been drunk, but chemo never stopped me from having a glass of wine. Perhaps its cuz my oncoDoc never said I should or shouldn't~ and I just never asked! I figured that if there were guidelines he would have told me.....

Point is~ I am going on 7 years cancer free~ though I had a 3cm tumour stage 2B ( just shy of stage3) and lymphnode involvement. My now bored friend here on the boards :-) also know I do 6-8 miles 3X a week, am about to do my 2nd half marathon, and I do jazzercise 3 nights a week. Oh yeah, I still drink wine and I will be 60 in 2 months!

So I dunno what any of us should do, except LIVE....for as long and happily as we can. That's what I'm doing, anyway.

Hugs,
    Claudia (though I did and still drink water all day long...have never stopped since chemo!)

Dear Claudia......
    You are such an inspiration to me!! I was listening to all you do and then about fell off my sofa when you said you were 60!!
    I had a debate with my dear husband this evening....directions for test this A.M. said no vigorous exercise 24hrs before test other than normal walking. I won.....he carried the laundry upstairs, did the shopping, made dinner.....
    So now you know what my idea of exercise is!! Looks like I have a long road ahead of me. I want to get as healthy as my body can tolerate....but I hate exercise....woe is me.
    Although I am finding myself shifting to alot of changes these days I never thought I would see myself doing....hmmmm.....
    Thanks Claudia (and EVERYONE) for all the advice & encouragement. I feel like I have my own cheerleading squad beside me. I never had but one or two friend's (which like everyone else, moves on) growing up. It's hard because no one wants to be friends with a cop's wife so it's just something you accept. The sad part is my husband is such a wonderful man & would rather give you a ride home than ruin your life with a DUI because you drank one too many at your brother's wedding. But he will make sure you know you got a lucky break and there is no second chances.
    Now I feel like I have an abundance of friend's!!! Thank you all.... Pammy
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Dear Claudia......
    You are such an inspiration to me!! I was listening to all you do and then about fell off my sofa when you said you were 60!!
    I had a debate with my dear husband this evening....directions for test this A.M. said no vigorous exercise 24hrs before test other than normal walking. I won.....he carried the laundry upstairs, did the shopping, made dinner.....
    So now you know what my idea of exercise is!! Looks like I have a long road ahead of me. I want to get as healthy as my body can tolerate....but I hate exercise....woe is me.
    Although I am finding myself shifting to alot of changes these days I never thought I would see myself doing....hmmmm.....
    Thanks Claudia (and EVERYONE) for all the advice & encouragement. I feel like I have my own cheerleading squad beside me. I never had but one or two friend's (which like everyone else, moves on) growing up. It's hard because no one wants to be friends with a cop's wife so it's just something you accept. The sad part is my husband is such a wonderful man & would rather give you a ride home than ruin your life with a DUI because you drank one too many at your brother's wedding. But he will make sure you know you got a lucky break and there is no second chances.
    Now I feel like I have an abundance of friend's!!! Thank you all.... Pammy

Sod That!
    Booze got me through chemo and rads.......

Milk and beer was all I could stomach.........And I came out of it ok.

They said to drink as much liquid as possible every day.........they didn't specify WHAT!

Roflmao.........Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Sod That!
    Booze got me through chemo and rads.......

Milk and beer was all I could stomach.........And I came out of it ok.

They said to drink as much liquid as possible every day.........they didn't specify WHAT!

Roflmao.........Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I like your therory!!
    Soooo....don't ask for details when they say something vague....got it! When they say "plenty of liquids", I'll nod my head like I know exactly what they mean! (ha, ha) Thanks Tasha :) Pammy
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

I like your therory!!
    Soooo....don't ask for details when they say something vague....got it! When they say "plenty of liquids", I'll nod my head like I know exactly what they mean! (ha, ha) Thanks Tasha :) Pammy

YES
    You got it! ..........Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

YES
    You got it! ..........Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx

I was told the reason we are
    I was told the reason we are told not to drink is because the chemo drugs are filtered through the liver same as the alcohol so it is not good to work it too hard. The onc nurse said a drink here and there should be fine.
    Kim
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

I was told the reason we are
    I was told the reason we are told not to drink is because the chemo drugs are filtered through the liver same as the alcohol so it is not good to work it too hard. The onc nurse said a drink here and there should be fine.
    Kim

Don't know if I'll have to
    Don't know if I'll have to have chemo.. find out tomorrow I guess.. but YEA!!! Kim..

Thanks..one or two.. I'm in!