update

Options
2»

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Best wishes to you, love9kidz...
    Will hope for the best possible outcome from your upcoming surgery. I understand your apprehension - for me, lumpectomy was my first anesthesia and surgery, ever. Next only to the diagnosis itself, it was the scariest point of all.

Kind regards, Susan

We will both come through
    We will both come through our lumpectomy's with flying colors!!!... You go girl.. Mine is Tuesday the 9th... and we can do it!

~T
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    bfbear said:

Slightly different here...
    At my hospital, they put me out before I went to the OR(probably with the "relaxing shot" -- I'm a lightweight when it comes to any kind of drug...or alcohol, for that matter!).

So from the time in pre-op, when they got me all ready and treated me like a queen(warm blanket, leg massage, surgical stockings/tighty-whities!,IV set-up)to waking up in my room, I was totally out,i.e. no recollection of anything.

General anesthesia is no big deal. Oh, and in my case, I always ask for as much anti-nausea stuff as they can add to the mix, because otherwise I start vomiting after I wake up. You might ask them if they could do this as a precautionary measure. (At my hospital, the anesthesiologist came in and talked to me for quite awhile before he did anything, so I had a chance to discuss and ask questions about everything related to the anesthesia.)

And after you wake up, suck on ice chips and drink as much water as possible to get the anesthesia out of your system sooner. It takes weeks, they say, to get all of it out, so drink, drink, drink (pee,pee, pee!!).

All this is to say that you just have to let go and let God, basically. Between now and the 15th, try not to dwell on it -- stay busy and do some fun stuff.

Love you,
    Debi

After anesthesia on
    After anesthesia on awakening, I vomited too. I told my sister so when she woke up she got the little pan handy. She didn't vomit.