Medical Marijuana

13»

Comments

• 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member

different take..
    I have a bit of a different take on this topic. I am all for legalization and feel our federal government wastes enormous amounts of $$ on the "war on drugs". What a joke! That said, I smoked for most of my life, starting at about the age of 14. It never led to me to meth or any such "hard drugs" and I did very well in college, etc.....However, since my diagnosis I think it would make me way too paranoid. Part of the mental anguish of the whole cancer ordeal for me at least is paranoia related to upcoming tests, etc. I know smoking effects CEA and I could not bear the idea of my CEA being elevated which would cause a freak out, etc. etc. Also, having had lung mets the idea of smoking anything gives me the heebs even though I know my mets were not in the airway per se...Anyway, I would love to be able to go back to my care free smokin' days, but I don't know if I ever will be able to again. Here in Alaska no one is prosecuted for small amounts in the home anyway and it is very prevalent and pretty much accepted.

Susan H.

P.S. I am not in treatment though and for you guys battling nausea, etc. I say if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Eat 'em, don't smoke 'em
    Hey Susan,

You can always eat the dope with chocolate! Hellllo! Banish the bong, bake the brownies!

peace, emily
  • 2bhealed
    Paula G. said:

Love it
    Phil you keep me laughing. Thanks for that.Paula G

Score
    You mean what I might be smelling coming out of my son's room isn't incense from Global Village?
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    2bhealed said:

Eat 'em, don't smoke 'em
    Hey Susan,

You can always eat the dope with chocolate! Hellllo! Banish the bong, bake the brownies!

peace, emily

I can't name names
    but someone I know very well was at a conference where the guest speaker was a VERY well know author who had written some classic American novels plus some hippie type books. Anyway, these people were up in a room at a very famous hotel and they wanted to get high but had no papers or anything. One phone call down to the kitchen and up came an elaborately carved carrot-pipe. It had designs along the sides of it and all. From what I heard, it did the trick.

I have to try baking it sometime, you get 2 birds with one stone(d). You take care of the nausea and the munchies.
  • PhillieG
    confused1 said:

Pot
    I use to love to smoke pot. It was legal when i use to live in Alaska. I haven't smoke any now for 20 some yr.s mostly because u got drug tested at my job. But now that I am not working. I would love to smoke some again. I no that sound's silly at my age but it was a something that really mellowed me out. And as confused as I am in what is happenimg to me might help the stress. I don't need to get the mucnchies though because I am over weight now from the steroid's the doctor's are telling me. Take Care Everyone. HUG"S Colleen

Age???
    People of all ages (sounds like a circus promotion) enjoy a glass of wine or a martini. I do not see anything wrong with it but that's me. Some people see lot's wrong with me!
    :-)
    -phil
  • 2bhealed
    PhillieG said:

I can't name names
    but someone I know very well was at a conference where the guest speaker was a VERY well know author who had written some classic American novels plus some hippie type books. Anyway, these people were up in a room at a very famous hotel and they wanted to get high but had no papers or anything. One phone call down to the kitchen and up came an elaborately carved carrot-pipe. It had designs along the sides of it and all. From what I heard, it did the trick.

I have to try baking it sometime, you get 2 birds with one stone(d). You take care of the nausea and the munchies.

Oh thank you
    Phil,

I can ALWAYS count on your for my daily laugh therapy.

I wish you could hear my belly laughs and guffaws. :-)

peace, ememememememmeme (see i can't even type as I'm laughing)
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed said:

Oh thank you
    Phil,

I can ALWAYS count on your for my daily laugh therapy.

I wish you could hear my belly laughs and guffaws. :-)

peace, ememememememmeme (see i can't even type as I'm laughing)

ps
    Was the Author's initials KK?
  • PhillieG
    2bhealed said:

ps
    Was the Author's initials KK?

:- )
    You are a good guesser
  • PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    PhillieG said:

I can't name names

Baking
    Here's a recipe. You make butter with it, then bake using the butter in place of the oil, it is still kind of bitter, so use lots of sweet frosting, boxed fudge brownie mix and choc. fudge icing works good. Take a pound or 2 of real butter, put in a big pan of water with the weed, simmer several hours. Squeeze and squeeze and squeeze it all through a cheesecloth, cool liquid in fridge, the butter rises to top. VERY potent, one small brownie square can be too much for some. And it doesn't hit you till about an hour after you eat it, back in the old days, that's what we did before a concert, then during the concert, wow it hit, and no risk of getting busted with it on you. This works good with scrap weed, the stuff that's usually tossed out, outer leaves sticks and stems too. It is not too good if you just add the weed to stuff you cook, very chewy and bitter, though used to crisp a bit up in frying pan and put on bread with honey, that worked too (bad teenager's lunch trick) Ahhh the 70's.
    Pam
  • 2bhealed
    PhillieG said:

:- )
    You are a good guesser

English major
    before I graduated with a BS in Art, plus I have well read sons who are in to him. I had a hunch.
  • 2bhealed
    PamPam2 said:

Baking
    Here's a recipe. You make butter with it, then bake using the butter in place of the oil, it is still kind of bitter, so use lots of sweet frosting, boxed fudge brownie mix and choc. fudge icing works good. Take a pound or 2 of real butter, put in a big pan of water with the weed, simmer several hours. Squeeze and squeeze and squeeze it all through a cheesecloth, cool liquid in fridge, the butter rises to top. VERY potent, one small brownie square can be too much for some. And it doesn't hit you till about an hour after you eat it, back in the old days, that's what we did before a concert, then during the concert, wow it hit, and no risk of getting busted with it on you. This works good with scrap weed, the stuff that's usually tossed out, outer leaves sticks and stems too. It is not too good if you just add the weed to stuff you cook, very chewy and bitter, though used to crisp a bit up in frying pan and put on bread with honey, that worked too (bad teenager's lunch trick) Ahhh the 70's.
    Pam

Wow
    I love these boards! Ya learn something knew every day.
  • Duke2813
    Duke2813 Member Posts: 3
    Smoking again
    Yeah, me too. So, I figure, WTF? Months maybe years till I die, Why not get stoned and stay that way. Its not like mankind really values the Works of the Great Masters. Whatever.